KTM 690 enduro/SMC exhaust thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by greengoose, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Just_P_Dirty

Just_P_Dirty Its more fun when Dirty!

Oddometer:
    anyone try the danmoto exhaust on ebay???
  2. shan

shan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now this is what a would call an exhaust:evil
    [​IMG]
  3. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know of an aftermarket muffler for the Enduro R that is approved for street use in Germany (or anywhere in the EU for that matter)? Needs to be ECC approved with the "e3" stamp similar to this:

[​IMG]
  4. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Leo Vince SBK can has "E3" stamped on it.
  5. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    This
  6. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    Ah, yes, thanks MeinMotorrad. I forgot about that one. They sell it at the dealers here in Germany, so I assumed it would be legal. But I recall reading somewhere that it has a catalytic converter, no? I suspect it might run a little hot. Other than saving a couple of pounds, what's the advantage of this one?

Never would have thought the Leo Vince would be ECC-compliant. Good to know. Thanks, Letter J.
  7. LethPhaos

LethPhaos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Leo doesn't have a catalytic converter, and is E-proof
    EDIT: sorry, misread. you knew that already :)
  8. drunkenrich

drunkenrich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you have to remap?
  9. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, after I added the muffler and the Rally Raid filter I had a dealer install the Evo 1 map. I did my Triumph myself but I figured why not have the dealer do it and be assured of no warranty issues if there ended up being a problem. I feel this was a great improvement over the stock setup, as it really added some power down low in rpm range.
  10. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    KTM used to do a non cat off road only version of this but I can't find it on their website now. I've got the cat version which does run a little hot, but cools down quicker than the stock and weighs a lot less than the stock (I weighed them once, I can't remember the numbers but they were significant).

I'm running with the evo1 foam filter and air box lid with the evo1 map - stalling/surging etc. is no longer a problem, the bike is transformed. I don't know why they don't come out of the factory like this.

Edit: It also makes quite a nice noise but is also fairly stealthy - you won't be annoying your neighbours.
  11. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I'll talk to my dealer and get a price on it.

My 2014 Enduro R will be here in a few weeks.
  12. drunkenrich

Oddometer:
    So after I get my Q4 and put it on, just take it to the dealer and ask them to put the "evo 1 map"?? That's it
  13. sprouty115

Oddometer:
    Yes, however, the Evo 1 map is intended for a muffler and filter change. Not sure how it will perform if you only swap the muffler.
  14. AMa.

AMa. Topographer

Oddometer:
    EVO1 software is for Slip-on AND EVO1 Airbox cover. Filter does not make a difference. Or a map. Or a Airbox cover. When combined they do.

drunkenrich:
    If you decide to remap your bike at the dealer, make sure your bike idles correctly, let's say 10 min or so without stalling before you leave the dealer. If your bike stalls, the adaptation has not been done correctly or they have used the wrong map. It wouldn't be the first time, believe me...
  15. drunkenrich

Oddometer:
    ok, I have the uni filter on the bike from ktm twins and I plan to do the Q4, what would be the best map for that combo? Thanks in advance. Oh, and the bike is a 2010
  16. sprouty115

Oddometer:
    Yes, by "muffler and filter" I meant a free flowing ehaust and airbox mod, which necessitates either removing the cover (Rally Raid), Replacing the cover with the Evo 1 airbox cover, or modifying your exisiting cover as AMa did.
  17. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm hearing that TuneECU won't connect to the latest Duke (it has to go to the dealer - not a bad idea while the bike is under warranty, but crap if this is a permanent issue), which presumably means the 690E is going to have the same issue?

Also, no evo1 map is available for the '14. Can anyone confirm this as true?
  18. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    Interesting. I assume that the fueling electronics are a little different given the new ride-by-wire throttle. Not being able to use TuneECU will be a pain.

Hopefully someone can confirm this.

19. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    Haven't seen any discussion/photos/comments in this thread concerning slip-ons made by GPR. According to their website, they are all street legal (but they don't say where they are street legal).

Anyway, this one looks interesting, but at the same time I both like and dislike the look of it. Anyone here have it?

http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/1010/KTM-690-Super-Enduro-Exhaust-Powercone-Stainless.html

[​IMG]

And it seems they offer a few other models:

http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/c/243/KTM-690-Enduro.html

20. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Looks really industrial. Don't particularly care for it myself.