KTM 690 enduro/SMC exhaust thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by greengoose, Jul 20, 2008.

1. gen

gen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wings owners, question for you.

I took off my stock exhaust but the middle connector wont fit onto the end of the header.

What do I need to do to get it to fit?

Is there some kind of tape on the end of the header that I have to scrape off?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. DirtRideRoader

DirtRideRoader Armed and Dangerous Supporter

Oddometer:
    Remove that piece that appears to be a ring on the end of the header pipe.
    I did that and my pipe was too big. So I replaced that ring with some foil tape. I haven't put many miles on it, but it seems to be working so far.
    If anyone has a better solution than the tape, I'd like to hear it.
  3. gen

gen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! It was a gasket that was not needed with my Wings.
  4. invaliduser999

invaliduser999 n00b

Oddometer:
    would some one clear this up for me i have a 2014 enduro r and of course looking for exhaust can i purchase a fmf power core 4 designed for the 2013 model and will it fit on my bike? i did call FMF and they said no way they significantly changed the design from 13-14 so now I'm lost any help? how is it other posters have FMF exhaust installed already?

i was considering cutting up my stock exhaust and gutting it i did see some one did that earlier in the thread but i don't think they reinstalled it and actually used the gutted exhaust.
  5. ktmjr

ktmjr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just bought a 2014 690 R and it looks like the Wings slip-on is the way to go with everything I'm reading in the forums, but I can't seem to figure out who/where sells it. Where did you get yours?
  6. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    if you're in the US, straight from Gorazd. http://www.wings.si/ver3/index.html

Send him an email from the site and tell him what you want. He'll get back to you with pricing. He'll ask for paypal up front. It's not a problem. I did it with the can, and I'm doing it now with packing kit.
  7. ktmjr

ktmjr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Thanks for the response. Do you recall roughly what he charged including shipping? There is a Wings dealer in BC, but they are pretty expensive. I'm hoping it's more cost-effective when ordering direct from Wings, even if it takes longer to get here.
  8. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    bought mine a year ago February. $381.00 delivered, though I think it was an end of winter sale or something. Didn't take long as I recall-week or so.
  9. ktmjr

ktmjr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great, thanks! I've already emailed Gorazd directly, so hopefully I'll hear back from him soon and get one on its way.<big></big>
  10. MTK

MTK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wings
    I ordered two from him last Tuesday, he shipped on Friday, I received on Monday and installed. I am impressed, he makes a good product.
    Well packed .
    Great fit and finish.
    Only 10 miles but would buy again.
  11. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    I put a fmf slip on... on the 2013... after the 15min run time it seems to run fine.... do I "have to" remap it?

I really just want to remove the heat from the stock muffler.
  12. RB450

RB450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok...my Apex is way too loud. Don't feel like spending the coin on an Akro. Thinking Wings. Hope to get pricing soon...

Anyone want to buy a used Apex?? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. LaPorte

LaPorte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered my Wings Exhaust. Ordered on the 9th of June. I got conformation it shipped on the 10th of June. UPS delivered it to my door tonight, 13th of June. I thought that was amazing. Open the box, took out a Wings "T" shirt, that was a surprise. Removed the stock Muffler and installed the Wings unit. I was ready for a six beer evening. Another surprise, one beer and its done. Very nice unit. Waiting for my UNI Foam filter then do my 15 minute idle procedure. Very nice unit, Quality Unit. Can't wait to hear it.
    Weighed the stock unit on my bathroom scale, between 10lb-12lb. Wings unit in the box with all the wrappings, decals, invoice and "T" shirt was 3.5 kg.
    So far, I am real happy.

LaPorte
  14. jonnykilo

jonnykilo Viator

Oddometer:
    In-mates, I want to swap the db killer currently in my Wings exhaust for the quieter one, but it won't budge. Not much to grab on to to pull it out, and heat has not helped much. Ideas?
  15. MTK

MTK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I Assume you pulled the bottom screw holding the DB killer in....
  16. Bill the Bong

Bill the Bong Supern00ba

Oddometer:
    I used 1 leg from a bearing puller. Pushed it in, yanked it hard.
  17. LaPorte

LaPorte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there much difference in HP between the two dB killers provided with the Wings exhaust. The larger one seems like it would relieve back pressure more than the smaller one. But the smaller one would be much more quiet
  18. Bill the Bong

Bill the Bong Supern00ba

Oddometer:
    Although its maybe not relevant on the 14 models, on my 2011 I had stalling on the larger db killer and not as much on the smaller. When I bought a Vortex ignition, it did not matter any more. I think the point is that the smaller one would be more stock-set-up-friendly.
  19. 12Bong13

12Bong13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is great! If you do not mind, can you tell us your total cost shipped?

Thanks
  20. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    See post #901