KTM 690 enduro/SMC exhaust thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by greengoose, Jul 20, 2008.

1. leighd

leighd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone installed an exhaust slider/protection before for a Wings exhaust on a 690 Enduro? I have mine set up as a supermoto at the moment
  2. Soontobe3

Soontobe3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, I currently have a Wings exhaust on my 2015 690 Enduro however due to some 'spirited' offroad adventures it's looking a little worse for wear. I've also manage to get hold of a new KTM Powerparts muffler (available for the earlier 690's), part no. 765.05.099.100 which I'm thinking of putting on for on-road duties. I've already noticed the mount is different, however that's relatively easy to sort as it just involves purchasing the previous model (i.e. pre 2014) mount and retrofitting.

Can anyone tell me however if any mapping changes are required? I currently have the airbox free'd up and am running the EVO1 map. Hoping I can just use this map with the Powerparts exhaust, can anyone tell me if this is possible and any positives/negatives associated with doing so?

Thanks
  3. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    If you've already got the EVO1 map and a modified intake system, then you're fine. The stock maps are very lean.

They actually make 2 flavours of that slip-on. One with a catalytic converter, and one without.... obviously, the one with the cat doesn't breathe quite as freely as easy as the one without the cat, but it shouldn't matter anyway. I would just do the 15 minute idle reset and fuggetaboutit. It will adjust itself and run just fine.

FWIW:

765.05.099.100 (with catalytic converter, approved for street use in Europe)
    765.05.099.200 (no catalytic converter, not approved for street use in Europe)
  4. Soontobe3

Soontobe3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks heaps for your response. Yes the research I had done showed there was two versions of the slip on, what I'm confused about however is that the one I have is clearly the one that should have the cat in it, however I would have thought I should be able to see it?? When I look through from one end to the other it's a straight ~45mm perforated pipe from one end to the other, exactly the same as my Wings looks....

Am I missing something?
  5. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    hmm. Interesting. Perhaps it's been modified?
  6. Soontobe3

Soontobe3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yeah maybe, doesn't look to be however I can't confirm one way or the other. It looks brand new everywhere I can see, including down the guts where the cat should be. Anyway, picked it up cheap ($200) so worth buying the new mount bracket and fitting it up to see how it sounds, quite like the look of the stainless end cap for something different too.

Thanks again for your help.
  7. Tonyky

Tonyky n00b

Oddometer:
    Just purchased a used 2014 690r would like to but the Wing exhaust on for wieght savings. Could I do this and not have to make any changes to the fuel injection.
  8. flynnair

flynnair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absolutely ! Just remember to do the 15 minute reset. You'll be gold
  9. Jon675

Jon675 n00b

Oddometer:
  10. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow, a month and a half of dead thread. Exhaust is still for sale.
  12. J. T. Kirk

J. T. Kirk Kirk

Oddometer:
    I cannot stand anymore the louder sound of my Leo Vinci, how Can I make it less noisyany idea?

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI VNS-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk
  13. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    So what is a: KTM Part no: 76505099200??
    (the part usage function on the KTM website hasn't worked for a year)
  15. JPA

JPA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does google work?
    Genuine KTM 690 LC4
    Duke Power Parts Slip On Exhaust / Silencer.
  16. Vegas800XC

Vegas800XC POS rider

Oddometer:
    Looking at the Arrow slip on.. Anyone have it and willing to share experience?

Thanks!
  17. drawnverybadly

drawnverybadly n00b

Oddometer:
    Is the guy that runs wings.si on vacation? I sent him a email but it seems that summers in Slovenia might be more fun.
  18. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    Don't know about vacation, but some of us have had problems over the years contacting him by email based on the email server. Years ago my isp based email address wouldn't get through, but switching to my wife's Yahoo account got right through. His response times are historically quite good.
  19. 2wheeladv

2wheeladv Lost & lov'n it

Oddometer:
    Received the Ti-Akrapovic exhaust, with
    Jet Hot Ceramic Coated (2000 Series Off
    Road Coating) header pipe, for my 2016 KTM 690. Wow! Damn good looking exhaust. Now I need heat shields. The Akrapovic are big $$$. Does anyone know a good place to find the heatshields at a lower price?

Akrapovic1.jpg
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  20. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was checking on that a couple months ago. Carbon Performance makes them and found some on ebay also from another maker. Goggle should turn up links.