KTM 690 enduro/SMC exhaust thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by greengoose, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    Good to know.... I read the same thing on Wings website for my 2020 but a couple pages back they mentioned running it for 10 seconds. I got mine for the same reason, heat. Worried about the plastics, gas tank and my kids running buy after getting back from a ride.
    GF-kam likes this.
  2. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:
    I don’t know about the wings, but if the new acra is a bit larger, chances are it also has the capacity to be more quiet (without restricting performance).
    I’d go for the quiet option, keeping the noise down will get you further.
    sprouty115 likes this.
  3. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    At the time I ordered my Wings, this is the exact email response I received from Wings:

" The WINGS muffler is designed in the way that there is no need to remap if the dB-killer is mounted.

If, however, you want to remove the dB-killer or have modified/changed the air filter/airbox or anything else besides the muffler, remapping is required. "

So no ECU remapping if the dB-killer is mounted with muffler. I am also using my stock airbox.
    Carmmond likes this.
  4. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    Yep I’ll be using the quietest dB killer and leaving the stock air box. It’s an SMC so dirts not a problem for me. I may do the air box and commander down the road but I’m happy with the power right now....
    GF-kam likes this.
  5. sprouty115

sprouty115 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Removing the cat will get rid of that weight. And if you want a practice muffler you can have mine - PM me...
    Carmmond and GF-kam like this.
  6. CSP Rider

CSP Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have you considered an Arrow exhaust? It comes with a fairly quiet DB killer and cost is comparable to the Wings. Comes in aluminum or black and finish is outstanding after 2 years of mostly dirt riding... Pic of the DB killer shows one set of 3 total series of holes around the circumference. I opted for the more open "screen" style DB killer that gives the BRAAAP! 20210131_185146.jpg 20210131_185233.jpg
  7. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sainthood for this inmate and ADV supporter.

[​IMG]
    Koko, sprouty115 and Carmmond like this.
  8. AAtte

AAtte KTM EXC-F 450 -21

Oddometer:
    Webbike did this years ago and the cat only weights around 170 grams. So the weight doesnt really change. Thanks for the offer though. Would be a expensive shipping to Finland. :D
    _lee, ventgeo and sprouty115 like this.
  9. ventgeo

ventgeo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A friend on mine removed the cat from the stock muffler on it's 2009 690, and it's not a valid solution : more noise, weight gain is negligible, and heat it still too high.
    Carmmond likes this.
  10. Cptnhoek

Cptnhoek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I argued with myself for a while and finally bit the bullet on the Dominator from them directly - showed up at my house in Chicago in a week or so from overseas - fitment is great and so is the sound - comes with a “medium dbkiller” which isn’t much of a dbkiller at all - I believe they do however sell a secondary DB that is a little quieter but I’d never use it.. I’m obnoxious like that seeing as my other two wheelers are choppers ✌️

https://www.dominator-exhausts.nl/dominator-exhaust-ktm-690-enduro-r
  11. Cptnhoek

Cptnhoek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    6F96E252-FC47-4453-A28D-FEC6D9B72AF7.jpeg
    still playing with fitment a wee bit and ignore the missing heat shield bolt (those things love to break)but bolted right up and includes the additional pipe needed for less than $300 or so from what I remember

(Excuse the garage mess we just moved a few months ago)
  12. rolish

rolish n00b

Oddometer:

Hello,

I agree with you and I'm also looking for the quietest and coldest one?...
    So, what is your final choice?
  13. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
  14. rolish

rolish n00b

Oddometer:
  15. blackSP

blackSP Im 'in orbita ponendum simulat

Oddometer:
    The Akra from the powerparts with removable cat. very expensive but if you travel to a stricter country it's easy to pop it in for the trip.
    I also removed the secondary air bypass and canister. I plan to pick up the bike this Saturday, I hope I made the right choices ;)

Check here for various posts I made:
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/2019-ktm-690-enduro.1341709/page-345#post-41822530

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Carmmond likes this.
  16. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    I have yet to see one in person. Some of the guys in the 690R thread own them maybe post in that thread and ask....
  17. rolish

rolish n00b

Oddometer:
    Carmmond likes this.
  18. Carmmond

Carmmond S.E. WI

Oddometer:
    I'm going to run mine with the quietest one and if I think it's to loud I will come back and look for videos of the new one this summer. Should warm up enough next month for me to pull the bike out and put on the new Wings.