KTM 690ADV Build-ABS Removal/Electrical Question

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Rattledogusa, Dec 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rattledogusa

Rattledogusa n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone! I have a '17 690 Enduro R that I'm building into my dream ADV bike. Definitely a passion project for me. I plan on documenting the build/possible RTW trip on here.

Currently, I'm in the middle of making a custom wiring harness. Yes, a full harness... every connector, wire seal, terminal, crimp, heat shrink...save your breath calling me crazy. I've learned a ton from the process. Plus, there are a few advantages-no unused/bypassed wires or connectors, a single plug for my PCV, everything fully sealed and no fuses (circuit breakers) and more.

The final step laying out my wiring plan involves (hopefully)

1) completely removing the ABS system
    2) replacing the instrument panel/dash with an aftermarket one (Koso DB-01RN)

QUESTIONS******

1) Does unplugging the ABS module completely affect anything else besides the ABS warning light and the speedometer? The Koso has its own speed sensor so no worries there but I can't afford a limp mode to be activated
    2) Will the bike run without the speedo unit plugged in? This would be easy to test...if my bike wasnt apart.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP
  2. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    4,000 miles on mine without abs runs fine .

Max
  3. Rattledogusa

Rattledogusa n00b

Oddometer:
    How did you disable/remove your ABS? Any issues with speedometer/ABS warning lights?
  4. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    I took the whole system out . I thought it restricted to much airflow and wanted max cooling here in Az.
    The speedo doesn't work and the abs light flashes .

Max