KTM 750 ADV?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Cruz, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    According to its latest investor presentation, Pierer Mobility (Pierer) is planning to build a range of 750cc KTM motorcycle models. The new models will be made by a Joint Venture between the Austrian manufacturer and Chinese manufacturer CFMoto. Presently, the companies are completing a new manufacturing plant in Hangzhou, southeastern China.

New KTM 750cc models
    The plant is will only manufacture twin cylinder models. For KTM, that includes its new upcoming 750cc lineup consisting of a 750 Duke, 750 Adventure, and a 750 Supermoto T. Further, the factory will build bikes for both the China domestic market and global markets.

Interestingly, KTM’s products will not be the first off the joint venture manufacturing plant’s assembly line. That honor will go to a CFMoto product to be called the CFMoto-MT800. Deliveries of CFMoto’s new machine may begin in the first quarter of 2021.

[​IMG]

This slide shows Pierer Mobility’s manufacturing capabilities for completely built units (CBU) or complete knockdown kits (CKD)

750cc Growth potential
    The joint venture sees a significant opportunity for “high-end” motorcycles and cites that that market is growing 20 percent per annum. Currently, plans call for the factory to produce approximately 50,000 bikes per year. But looking forward, the joint venture thinks that capacity could expand to around 100,000 motorcycles per year.

And apparently, the joint venture is going very well. Pierer’s investor presentation states:

Massive increase of cooperation level: Production of 750 DUKE, 750 ADVENTURE, 750 SUPERMOTO T for China domestic plus global markets in the JV factory

The bolded font comes directly from the investor presentation. This seems to scream that both entities are happy with their accomplishments to date.

Capacity issue?
    Previously, Pierer said that the 790 Duke and 790 Adventure would be produced at the new Hangzhou factory. Now they say the factory will make KTM’s 750 models and CFMoto’s 800 model. That begs a question. Can the new factory also produce KTM’s 790 Adventure and Duke (if they are continued), and KTM’s rumored 890 Adventure and 890 Duke, as well as the upcoming Norden 901?

Pierer says that it built 90,331 units during the first half of 2020 during the COVID pandemic. And their forecast for 2022 says that they want to produce approximately 400,000 units by the end of the year. Those two figures represent very significant and rapid growth. How they will make that many units remain to be seen.

Other production facilities
    Ultimately, Pierer has several partners, including another partnership with Indian manufacturer Bajaj. Perhaps they are counting on Bajaj to help out with production as well. The investor presentation says that there is no capacity restriction in the India Chakan factory, although that factory presently only builds single-cylinder models.

It will be interesting to see how Pierer ultimately carries out the production of its twin-cylinder machines. Will all of it stay in China, or could some units move elsewhere to other Peirer facilities?
  2. tomo8r

tomo8r Long timer

Oddometer:
    I might be able to afford the CFMoto
  3. Blakduk

Blakduk Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    Why go from 790/890 back to 750?
  4. ktmgeoff

ktmgeoff Remember it's not a race!

Oddometer:
    Western Creek Tasmania ( sold the farmand moved)
    Imagine the fun the Chinese spies will have inserting tracking devices etc in the electronics, they'll know your every turn and even hear you fart as you stand at the top of Billy Goats track. :photog
    Big Willy, a2zworks and DOT like this.
  5. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    V twin?

690 with a V twin init! :ricky
  6. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    The capacity reduction to 750cc for this new range of Asia-KTM's has nothing to do with performance, emissions or even economics... surprisingly. :1drink

It's all to do with linguistics. :D

Previously, the comprete rine up of model caparicities was a real mouthful for the CF Moto mob; :deal

Won-Tenny-Frive, Too-Firry... Free-Niney, Sex-Niney, Ache-Niney, Nine-Niney, Ten-Niney, Ereven-Niney and Trwelve-Niney...

Pierer is just trying to consorridate... er... :augie I mean consolidate. :roflThe rumoured Serren-Firry development should be interesting to forrow.
    nevgriff64, OldDog, a2zworks and 3 others like this.
  7. Dr AT

Dr AT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Breaking news.....production of the ktm 750 adv has been delayed.

Rumours are the sticker kit refused to stay on the cf bike. :hide
    BygDaddee, richo360 and bigborett like this.
  8. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fart or Shart?
    We wont bring that up will we @bigborett ....
  9. wozzamatta

wozzamatta Is it new bike time yet

Oddometer:
    Well I remember my old Kawasaki Versys had a warning in the owners hand book that data such as speed etc could be down loaded. I've heard of insurance companies in Europe looking at bike data for claim purposes.
  10. wozzamatta

wozzamatta Is it new bike time yet

Oddometer:
    I think KTM are looking to do a Honda business model where only small numbers of high spec bikes go to the west and very large numbers of lower spec smaller bikes go to Asia. So there will probably be quite a few KTM models that we won't see in Australia.
  11. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    They do it here as well. So do the authorities.
  12. AUSSIEADV

AUSSIEADV 2wo left foots

Oddometer:
    Andrew wet farted? Lumpy gas? Nuggets in the wind?
  13. bigborett

bigborett Hipster Supporter

Oddometer:
    No. That was somebody else, they were on my bike at the time though.
  14. bigborett

Oddometer:
    I knew that would be misconstrued.
    Talk to your mate about that one Richo.
  15. bigborett

Oddometer:
    Also looks like funny cartoons about Dan's love of all things red are not allowed.
    Censorship I cry, censorship.

Was just a joke Joyce.
  16. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    I know some that have gone to Band Camp for less, but that was in the days of iron fist Nev :mully

bigborett likes this.
  17. Big Willy

Big Willy Gen. Italia

Oddometer:
    I suspect only in vehicles with satellite contact such as cars or bikes with built in satellite navigation?
  18. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Your suspicion is incorrect BW. Much like a Black Box in an aeroplane.
  19. Big Willy

Big Willy Gen. Italia

Oddometer:
    Well I'll be damned!
    That's a little known fact and one that is not advertised.
    Sorry for doubting :thumb
  20. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    First heard about it with a guy who wrote off his HSV and caused some serious injuries to his passengers. No witnesses, blamed the old black dog on the road and a failure with the HSV.
    Download showed exactly what he was doing with the car when the accident happened. Lost his insurance claim and was charged with dangerous driving. All EFI/ECU bikes are much the same, the insurance companies love the downloads from bikes, sports cars and 4WDs.
    Big Willy likes this.