KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll see what the elves can do :)
  2. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes it does sit a bit high but it needs to in order to clear the rear tail piece, they do offer brackets that bring it closer.
    I like Braaap's idea but when tightening the spacers to the tail piece it will be difficult to align the angles to the plate.
    Even though it is a bit high I have only bashed my knee once and now the pain helps me to remember to lift my leg a bit higher. :y0!
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  3. Mike in Roswell

Mike in Roswell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks great. Did you run the power directly to the battery or is there a switched connector somewhere?
  4. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. There are two sets of 10amp accy connectors inside the headlight housing that I used. One is constant on, the other is switched. I prefer constant on for the GPS so used that to power the Garmin and I used the switched power for the grips.
    Allucaneat likes this.
  5. Mike in Roswell

Mike in Roswell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick reply. So you have to be careful to remove your Garman when your bike will be not in use for periods of time so that you don’t run down the battery right? No big deal as I do that with my 690
  6. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I turn it off with two button presses, one to turn it off, one to shut down the internal battery charging at the end of the day. However if I won't be riding it for several days I pop it out of the cradle just to make certain I don't get a drain on the bikes battery.
    Mike in Roswell likes this.
  7. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    Well, I received my Guglatech fuel pump condom, but the installation didn't go as easily as I'd hoped. It has 3 layers of differing filter material, but the fit of the pump body is so close, that the additional thickness around the pump prevented it from fitting back into bottom of the tank. It just kept bunching up sliding down the pump body. After several tries, I ended up taking a die grinder to the opening, and tried to take a minimum of material off. I'm pretty sure I got all of the debris out of the tank, but I guess that's what the filter is for. One of the problems with the material bunching up at the bottom, is that's where the small hole that feeds the fuel into the pump suction area is. I'm pretty sure there is an inlet at the top of the pump, but when you're down to the last few ounces of fuel, it has to go through the little hole at the bottom of the pump. I will say, that the fuel tank material is pretty tough, as it took some pretty aggressive grinding to remove enough material. IMG_20190619_132530.jpg IMG_20190619_133458.jpg
  8. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist

Oddometer:
  9. Yzlvr

Yzlvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone do some windscreen mods on the R yet?? Post pics please..
    06Z likes this.
  10. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. Yzlvr

Yzlvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    typeamark and Oceandiving954 like this.
  12. Nowwhat

Oddometer:
    give me 4 weeks hahahaha.....Fairing will be here Tuesday....
    Migolito and 06Z like this.
  13. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok we will give you 4 weeks, BUT we will need lots of pics and a detailed review. Some Specs too!
  14. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this was posted yet.

15. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    No pics... our Rally Moto Kit (with the 2019 RFR screen) will be on sale this fall. Hope to be able to launch at the KTM ADV Rally in Breck.
  16. Nowwhat

Oddometer:
    Holy shit that is horrible
  17. Migolito

Oddometer:
    I dunno. Proper tool for the Job. I had something similar (SW Motech) on my CB500X. I didn't dirt mod it as that was not what I intended to do with it. So, many of the disadveantages of a setup for dirt, were not there. For the street, dirt roads, long distance travel, they worked out great. I was able to attach highway pegs, running lites, etc and they offered great pro. As sacriligeous as it may sound, my 790R (some day when it arrives) will be street modded to do long distance slab, dirt, gravel, etc. I've got a 500EXC already for ST.
  18. Migolito

Oddometer:
    KTM NA and I are on a first name basis. This roll out flies in the face of the incredible job KTM has done in bringing this bike to completion, the marketing and the 'traveling show'. Like I whined before (and it may very well not be true for others) I have a written contract that sets for a May delivery. So, yes, I'll be extracting some orange blood.
    typeamark likes this.
  19. phixmup

phixmup ride'n 2 live Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    PLEASE give the DETAILS of the ORANGE EXTRACT, i'm guessing go pound sand!
    You must have a lawyer on retainer correct?
  20. macaw1us

macaw1us Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very very nice, I've hurt myself a bunch on one of those when I first learned to really ride. ;)
    A 77 was my 1st bike.

Should make riding a 790R a piece of cake and feel like a 350 to me.
    Thanks for the picture :)
    Thumper Dumper likes this.