KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Rudderfeet

Rudderfeet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just wondering about that again, thank you.
  2. SEK_Nick

SEK_Nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my R in June... still waiting for ergo seat, seems to be on never ending back order.
  3. goldneox

goldneox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    20191015_090232_small.jpg
    Hi guys,
    Attached you will see the 3 pictures of my newly mounted XRC steering damper and "anti-fatigue" bars, same as Chris Birch :clap
    The system is very compact and only rises the handlebar by half a centimeter or so. All the pieces are beautifuly finished and super easy to mount.

I only tested on road so far, but first impression is very positive. On low position the damper is barely noticeable at low speed. And if you try to move it quickly it dampens it effectively.
    Bars movement still seems light and smooth, but more controlled. Will try soon in sand or rocky sections to confirm the first impressions

FYI full package is worth 1010 NZD / 635 USD / 575 EUR with tracked freight

Attached Files:

4. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the way that set up looks. I did not know that they made vibration dampening bar mounts to go with it.
  5. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  6. BlackDogCycleWorks

BlackDogCycleWorks Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here are a few from our Instagram feed in the event you've not seen them. One is real world outdoors and the other is real work "shop with photo lighting" :lol3

71252065_775122292922611_2305930665839374347_n.jpg

69879291_180269973103249_4763793457514949667_n.jpg

We'll have some more photos and video coming soon to share on our skid plate for the 790.

-Black Dog Cycle Works
    www.blackdogcw.com
  7. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ... And you’re so cool for being willing to take on damaged products! Bravo!:scratch
    comradecasey likes this.
  8. The Griz

Oddometer:
    Returned for refund (pending, we will see) and went directly from Scott’s with BRP vibe damping sub mount - should have done that in the first place. Perfectly clean and zero issues. Lesson learned. Flame on superior brothers. Flame on.

Attached Files:

comradecasey likes this.
  9. Salzig

Salzig Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another one join the ignored pool.
    The Griz and SoilSampleDave like this.
  10. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i have to tell you that this thread is costing me money
    every time i think im done with buying things for the bike(besides a couple of things that im waiting for) you keep finding things for me to buy :baldy:lol3
    Nowwhat, ramirin and Oceandiving954 like this.
  11. The Griz

Oddometer:
    Ditto
  12. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Ahhh, so now the truth comes out. You changed your mind on what you wanted and were afraid to ask for a refund for that reason. Pretty douchey if you ask me, which you didn’t.
    mlyamkaw, Brilloman and alongat like this.
  13. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BTW @Nowwhat any news from axp racing about the hdpe skid plate
  14. The Griz

Oddometer:
    Nope. Product was damaged and TCM was not good to work with so I no longer wanted a product from them. Stop projecting. Pretty douchey to make assumptions.
    comradecasey likes this.
  15. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sigh.....testing.....testing....testing.....Told them to ship 2 to us and we will test the shit out of it for them....Desert riding is here
    alonad, Yellow Pig and TrailTrauma like this.
  16. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    if you were as agro to them as you are in this thread regularly, I can’t say I blame them.

Regardless, the Scotts is the damper you want. I trust you’ll dig the brp mount setup too, until you stuff the thing into the first big tree and bend some of those bolts that go through their elastomers and have to rebuild the whole setup...not that I’ve done that at all.
    Enjoy all the same. I hope you’ve found a solution you’re happy with.
    The Griz likes this.
  17. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Griz. Did you try the red inserts or just start with the blue? Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference.
    The Griz likes this.
  18. The Griz

Oddometer:
    I’m only agro to people who are agro to me. A lot of people who spend a lot of time on Advrider have unfortunately developed very aggressive and pompous attitudes towards others. They don’t even realize the way they are. Then when they get it back they can’t take it. Been on here a long time and have seen all the crud. I’m bored of it and I’ll call it as I see it.

That said yes I’ve had many a Scott’s over the years on my enduro race bikes and my 990 and 690. Never had the BRP rubber sub mount yet. Excited to have some vibe dampening as well as the 790 does put some vibes to the hands on long road stretches.

Good to know regarding bent bolts from heavy impact to bars. Thanks for the info, and for your candor.
    comradecasey and voyer like this.
  19. The Griz

Oddometer:
    Didn’t even try the red as I want the max amount of vibe dampening as possible. Main reason I went for the rubber damped sub mount is the knock down the hand numbing vibes on longer highway runs. Did a quick 45 mile drone on the freeway today and I can confirm that the blue does indeed knock down the handlebar vibes significantly.
  20. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    I have the BRP sub mount with the Scotts on my 500EXC. Really nice setup and it does cut down on vibs...as much as that can be done with a KTM thumper. I'm not really having any issues yet with too much vib on the 790 so far. To be honest, Ive been too dang excited to tell. Longer trips are coming soon, so, I may look at Vib reduction stuff later.
    The Griz likes this.