KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    You are the only person on advrider with anything bad to say about TCM. You gave them essentially no time to respond before casting aspersions at them in this forum. I am not projecting; I described your behavior accurately in my book.
    nibby, mlyamkaw, Brilloman and 3 others like this.
  2. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  3. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Again, you have no clue what actually happened and again I am not going to speak on the subject publicly. Please stop with your baseless accusations. Feel free to continue this conversation with me privately if you feel the need.
    comradecasey likes this.
  4. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    In fairness, you were the one who made it public to begin with when they hadn't responded to your email within a couple of hours. Then by a following comment you made I assume you weren't happy with the offer to replace the damaged parts. I'm guessing that's because they didnt offer to send you a replacement for free before recieving the damaged merchandise back even though that is standard business practice. Now based on your comments it appears that you want a refund. Dont recall them offering a no questions asked full refund on their site but haven't looked.

All this was what you made public here yet now you say you dont want to comment because you dont operate that way... interesting.

Feel free to comment or not but you cant blame folks for coming to their own conclusions.
  5. GodFatherOfChill

GodFatherOfChill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am 5’7” tall. I had my R seat shaved and after 1,500 miles on the seat I couldn’t be happier. No lowering link or any other suspension mods were done, and I can flat foot (one foot at a time) on pavement just by shifting my butt on the seat. You can see my seat here:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0R4w_TH-6B/?igshid=hfygg5wxetyb
    vgreno2000, TrailTrauma and Venturer like this.
  6. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    And how do you assess the whole riding experience after shaving the seat? Does it hold good even after a few hours riding? Is it still ok for touring? Thank you.
  7. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    Testing seems to be done...

8. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Interesting. Wonder if you can jack up the bike on the plastic skid plate? Or use a trail stand? I see they support the rear of it through the foot peg mounts ala BDCW and EE. I don’t want a center stand.
  9. NomorBills

NomorBills WesternExplorer

Oddometer:
    Chandler, AZ & Summer in the Pines, Pine, AZ
    I am liking that. Interesting if the sections are plastic welded or is it one sheet pressed?
  10. goldneox

goldneox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the AXP guy told me that a client did jacked up the bike with the skid plate and no pb at all.
    The HDPE is 8mm thick, so pretty bullet proof.
  11. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

7lbs....pretty damn good for how beefy it is...
  12. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    Hopefully the company shoots a video and leaves the Orchestra at home. Would be nice to have a Vid talking about specs, construction, etc.
  13. GodFatherOfChill

GodFatherOfChill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My shaved seat was the first mod I did to my 790, and it has exceeded my expectations in every riding situation I have experienced. On pavement, off road, and on all day touring rides. I love it!
  14. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i was bugging them so much they sent me an email telling it's coming ...i asked if i can pre order :)
  15. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    how do you know it's 7lb?
    also curious how much does the oem weigh?
  16. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Xavier told me it is 3.2 kg... including all hardware and the stickers hahahaha..

The stock can't weigh much...this plate also replaces the plastic tank sliders too....all in all has to be close to 5lbs heavier....

Some of the other options have to weigh 12lbs
    alonad likes this.
  17. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think the EE weighs about 7 too. I may have posted it somewhere before I strapped it on, but I don’t recall.
    The stocker went in the scrap pile at the recycle center. I have learned my lesson about holding onto stock junk. Nobody wants it.
    Nowwhat likes this.
  18. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice! Would have preferred it in a Star Wars Saga inspired Dolby Atmos, but I'll take it ;)

I didn't expect it to take over the sliders job, but that might be a great idea for the low sides. And I wholly didn't expect it to come in a bold KTM orange either. Very interesting AXP.

AXP is nice stuff. I had their skid on my 300 XC and it's great to work with. I drilled a hole so I could get to the power valve for preload adjustment. It is also fairly easy to flex out of the way if you need to. It's a great material to work with. Even with the attached link guard I was able to upgrade my rear coil without ever removing the skid or linkage guard; I simply flexed it down and went to work.
  19. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i still have a shit load of my vstrom shit including a corbin holeshot heated seat.(did i say shit enough times ?:loco )
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  20. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Replacing the plastic tank guards with another plastic tank guard might, just might not be a great idea. Will I need to replace the entire unit after my next low side?