KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wolfman bag swapped off my 690 Fits 790 perfect B45850A8-7420-4429-9CC8-A81F4E300655.jpeg
    WRW9751 and dano619 like this.
  2. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ditched the sw motech mount above clocks in place of Ktm handlebar mounted version
    Sw motech done too much bouncing off-road 2A096EB1-6E11-412A-B772-52742F8592E6.jpeg
    The_Eccentric and WRW9751 like this.
  3. SEK_Nick

SEK_Nick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    LOL! I didn't even catch that :D

There are a few double mounts, yes. I might try to just fabricate something, but I'm very busy and it's just easier to give somebody $50 to figure all that out for me.
  4. SEK_Nick

SEK_Nick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is that the Blackhawk or Enduro?

My Wolfman bag does not fit worth a damn, it's just too big. I can't get it tight down on the tank, so it just flops around. I have it fully cinched at the top as far as it will go, and the bottom is cinched until the buckles are on the seat; and it flops about 4" to 6" around to either side of the tank.

I'm not sure what model it is, I think it's an older version of the Explorer or Explorer Light. It's quite large, though it fit on my KLR because the tank is so tall.
  5. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Enduro model I think. Only 6 litres
  6. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like that idea. I’m not so sure that the 790 needs rubber handlebar mounts. The parallel twin is much smoother than a big bore single or a V twin.

The way my Scott’s mounts on my 250 SF-X is just a couple of bar spacers with ears to bolt the Scotts on to. I would like to try something like that before I go the rubber mounted direction. I have the dampened BRP on both my 690 and 1190. It seems to work fine but I would like a lighter set up
  7. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    How are those straps routed to the frame? My GL Fandango straps are in about the same place. I went over the seat and under the plastic to be able to tighten the strap effectively. I would rather not go over the seat, as that makes the seat and side compartments difficult to access.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  8. factoryphil

factoryphil Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. factoryphil

factoryphil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    mounted my powered garmin mount , was quite the pain in the arse . but i got it to work . i had to mod the screen but it survived some jumps and 18" whoops .
  10. factoryphil

factoryphil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    lgcHpUKzRoetLfbbUtMIfQ.jpg
    Villy likes this.
  11. factoryphil

factoryphil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    screen mod . 2 rubber washers in the square under the top mount with a longer bolt . bottom screw has 1 rubber washer under the mount .
    Villy likes this.
  12. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why?
    I like this method of attaching a GPS, much better than the ram mounts IMHO.
  13. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took plastics off to get to frame. Then pulled tight and put seat on last. Just works. If the buckles were any longer it wouldn’t work and the straps would need to be over seat
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  14. factoryphil

factoryphil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i needed to space out the screen mount to make room for the gps
    Thumper Dumper likes this.
  15. panter patu do

panter patu do n00b

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE = "Perun, post: 37855593, miembro: 196004"] Buena elección. :RE

Acabamos de enviar un lote de racks 790 / 1X90 a los KTM Twins. Deberíamos enviarlo antes, pero estamos un poco atrasados. : /

También vendemos directamente y enviamos a todo el mundo, utilizando DHL Express. [/ QUOTE]
    Recibi el viernes rachs 790 .excelente¡¡¡¡
    Perun likes this.
  16. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

17. snarf

snarf WFO and clueless

Oddometer:
    I love that the first thing so many of you guys are doing after getting your super light butt kicking adv bike is to bolts huge bags, skid bars, extended screens, etc on it. I dont think i've seen one pic of anyone getting rid of those garbage karoos... but lotsa guys getting windscreens, lol.
  18. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Removed stock rack and grab Handel's. Removed all 4 footpegs. Removed oem Mickey Mouse buffeting mirrors. Removed stock wheels and tires. Removed oem battery. Installed a small rack that just fits under a wolfman tailbag. Fastway Adventure pegs. Woody's wheels and motoz desert ht tires. CRG Rottweiler mirrors. 48 tooth rear sprocket. + More to come! Waiting for seat options, exhaust with tune options. Konflict Long travel mod! Skidplate too!!! IMG_20190622_122403.jpg IMG_20190615_174820.jpg IMG_20190614_201633.jpg IMG_20190614_201544.jpg
  19. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What size rear tire did you go with?
    06Z likes this.
  20. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    "Light weight" is relative. I'll be adding Hardracks, Panniers, different windscreen, lights, etc as I get more seat time in AND the manufacturers catch up. I'd be adding the same 'heavy' stuff to whatever Adv bike I got. Whether it was a Tenere, AT, or GSA. So, again, it's relative. I had the above heavy stuff on my Cb500X and it weighed just about the same as the 790, with less than half the HP. My reason for getting this bike wasn't to strip it down and make it a light weight dirt bike-I have a 500EXC. I'm building a long range Adv bike that I can take almost anywhere hauling a 'relatively large' amount of gear.