KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I'm diggin the orange beak there, but in terms of a good colour flow from front to rear, the white takes it. I personally don't feel anyone has truly cracked the code when it comes to graphics on the 790's. Graphics seem to be either too garish or the 3 colours are broken up to the point that designers fail to exploit the lines of the bike/plastics. KTM in my view regularly disappoints in that arena, whereas Husqvarna appears to have a high aesthetic sensibility.
  2. interactive3

interactive3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    #3 for sure. There’s already plenty of orange accents.
  3. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    They all look the same covered in mud.
    kzeb, ramirin and SoilSampleDave like this.
  4. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually

Oddometer:

Couldn’t agree more with that. White looks nice, clean lines.

wish I could dig up pics of my 690. Started the same way as the 790, just too busy. I ended up with something more like it was from a mad max movie

found some:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. new2adv

new2adv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wish they made a Husqvarna version of this bike. Husky make really nice-looking bikes IMHO.
  6. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    @Orfeas is it possible to strip the colours off the graphics in that stock photo, and produce 3 versions? (Orange,black & white). Extra credit if you can make an entirely 'flat' black version. Thats where I'm probably headed during the longggg winter ahead here. Run everything over to my Line-X shop lol :beer
  7. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I wish. I get ya though. I'm staring at the mud right now. Got busy at the end of the riding season, and didn't wash the bike like I'd planned. Now it's -26 outside, with snow on the ground and I'm not sure quite when I'll be able to pressure wash this POS. :1drink
  8. Orfeas

Orfeas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree with the white, but i was thinking it would look bad from the front side since there are no other white piece to blend:

005.jpg

Haha, true story! I guess customising the looks of your bike is just another way to love it and create a unique bond between you and *her*. I have to stop being so romantic, my real girl is jealous!
  9. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    That reminds me of this guy .. someone should design a graphics kit which produces this look from the front...with an orange fender for the beak, of course. :D
    [​IMG]
    Beshar, Salzig, ramirin and 1 other person like this.
  10. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    -26! Chilly! Had our first snow here last night, but not that cold. Bike is still dirty. Oh well.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  11. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    simply getting rid of the orange stripe in the R seat (thank you, seat concepts) goes a long way towards there appearance with this one. I too think it's too busy.
  12. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm with you on the flat black...About ready to order the 3M vinyl and do it myself, although I prefer to get a sticker kit with black on black KTM/790/R logos.
    img_1230-jpg[1].jpg
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  13. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    That photo spoke to me as well. Thats the second time I've seen a flat black approach on this bike and every time I perk up. I'm sure any of the graphics designers with a vector of the 790 plastics could create a flat black wrap with custom bits like a flat grey '790 ADV', and a big orange 'R' somewhere etc. I'll start emailing some companies this winter. Too bad, on the Kriega bike, the graphics designer didn't come in closer around those 'gills' on the side plastics. You can still see the orange at the edges I think. Probably need to take the OEM plastics out to a paint shop to spray a flat back, and then apply the graphics package. Maybe spray the gills in a secondary colour such as the white or orange.
  14. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually

Oddometer:
    Been trying to envision new graphics since I bought it. I’m laughing to myself because of the similarities you mentioned, down to the flat grey. I picture ghosted grey 790 logo on the black. Maybe keep some orange like below. But without all the graphics and more of a flat black. But the lines I like.
    [​IMG]

Was going to contact that South African company at some point
    funny you should mention that. Ordered a all black sc today
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  15. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I would imagine the owner of the 1290 is in the same ilk. Staring at this bike a few yrs ago 'almost' had me buying a 1290. I could see my 790 in a flat black with similarly flat grey highlights. Zombie slayer...;)

[​IMG]
  16. Orfeas

Orfeas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, what about those two?

allgrey.jpg allwhite.jpg
    Perun, CaseyB and TrailTrauma like this.
  17. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    That reminds me of the new Suzuki V-Strom with the DR-Big throwback styling. It’s so goofy that I absolutely love it.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  18. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I like them both...maybe I am responding to the blank canvas appeal of them, versus the busy, seemingly randomness of the OEM designs.
    Orfeas likes this.
  19. advdoctor

advdoctor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    TrailTrauma likes this.