KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    If it's not showing up in the "Motorcycle" menu, then they didn't install it successfully.
    mickd likes this.
  2. Motopumps

Motopumps Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the mention TrailTrauma. Spent a few hours working on this tonight for those looking for extra stiffness in the mount for ultra off-road bashing about.

Did a rough mock up with wood and hot melt glue to get the clearances and angles set:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Made sure of the fit on the pylon with no interference from the windshield mount protrusion.
    [​IMG]

Then a 3D model and then an initial cut on the Haas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately my guy with the Haas and CAD expertise is an hour away, so I can't make it up there every day. More work to do, but good progress tonight!

Rob
    SoilSampleDave, voyer, Perun and 9 others like this.
  3. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Holy sh!t!!

Unreal Rob. :beer
  4. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Motopumps What sort of 3D printer is that and what material does it use?
    That looks awesome!
  5. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would have guessed for the heated seat.
  6. HeliCycle

HeliCycle Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    He said his guy "with Haas" experience, so I'm guessing that is a machined prototype. Out of aluminum. Within hours of TrailTrauma making a suggestion.

Unreal, indeed.
    vrenlos, Migolito and TrailTrauma like this.
  7. Vicresendez

Vicresendez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's on there I see
    "Quick shift + "
    But nada nothing can't access it
  8. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    On my bike, US model, the QS was on at purchase. Paying for the software allows for turning it off. I like it and it I don't want to use it I just shift like normal (almost normal, don't preload the shifter).
  9. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats what it looks like but there are metal 3D printers out there, thats why I asked.
  10. Motopumps

Motopumps Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    He does have a 3D printer, but the aluminum part was cut on his Haas CNC machine.

[​IMG]

I am working on a crap flap as well. Should have a pilot part to evaluate by the end of the week. :dirtdog
  11. HeliCycle

HeliCycle Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry. Didn't mean to come across as a jerk. Apologies if I did.

It looked printed to me, too (rough pass lines threw me) until I read about his guy and the Haas comment. Then my brain went all fuzzy and my thoughts were:

Haas...?!
    That's machined!!!?!
    From aluminum!!!!
    In like two hours??
    Holy shit!
    That's awesome!

I did a terrible job conveying my surprised stream of consciousness in responding to your question.
  12. NorCalHack

NorCalHack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I went through the 790sdventure.net, lots of good info. Waiting for mods to arrive now,. but really enjoying the bike, a far cry from the 850GS I sold.
  13. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    No sweat, all good :-)
  14. Anidemsaiasi

Anidemsaiasi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Denali S4 with Denali Driving Light Mount

My friend Dr.Moto, installed the lights, he is a yamaha fan... as you may notice

IMG-20200120-WA0016.jpg
    DENALI Electronics likes this.
  15. jmcarter

jmcarter Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Managed a large aerospace parts machine shop for a while, you folks would be amazed by what a good programmer can do with a five axis machine. With nice rotary head they can make about anything. When entrepreneurs like Rob are turned loose the sky is the limit.
  16. vrenlos

vrenlos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally got into my new spot in TX, got the Rade Garage screen installed, and took the bike out for its first proper ride this morning (after doubling back to install the mirrors which I forgot...) and while the buffeting is better than the stock S tall screen, it's still not pleasant. Sigh.

Decisions decisions.
  17. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    That sucks. The Rade 'looks' great, but, others have reported the same unfortunately. I have the Puig screen. I've got about 5000 miles on it so far. I ride with a Scorpion AT 950 AND remove the visor for long slab. There is zero buffeting for me. With the Visor on, theres buffeting. I realize the Madstad is $$$, however, when I had it on my CB500X it was far and away the best windscreen Ive ever had. IF the Puig didn't work out, I'd be adding the Madstad.

BTW, I'm 6' and have the screen in the tall slot. The wind hits the top 1" or so of the helmet(works for the vent).
  18. vrenlos

vrenlos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    At this point I'm debating if I want to put some time into prototyping my own, riding without, or playing the windscreen carousel (or is it a toilet flush of $$$?). I'm happy with the look of the Rade, and once it's all bolted up it's much sturdier than it seemed when off of the bike. But again, it's just not doing its job. I'm riding in a Shoei RF-1200 (well, NXR - but it's the same lid) and if I stand up with the visor down it's dead quiet in the open air. Behind the screen, not so much. Maybe I'll look at the Madstad, but once it warms up down here I might be better served naked anyhow.
  19. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    I believe the Madstad has a great return policy. IMO well worth the chance (and your review for us). Just remember with the Madstad, there's a angle that makes it just right. Watch the vids and install.
    vrenlos likes this.
  20. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shame the Rade screen doesnt have any vertical adjustment like the original.