1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. offworlder

offworlder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver Supporter

Oddometer:
    Posted up my video of the Enduro Engineering skidplate.. great product for the price.. if you're looking for significantly better protection then the stock plate, but don't want or need a giant flying saucer looking skid plate, or one that costs $300-$500, then you might want to take a look at this one..

Venturer, ibgary and No-Fret like this.
  3. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Aesthetically it's really nice, but dude, what happens the first time your skid plate slides off a rock laterally? Potentially, good bye tank protector. And when it goes, what will it take with it?

I never noticed that anywhere I'd seen this plate until your video. Stopping your video @ 6:41 makes me appreciate the full AXP plate with it's tank wings.
    No-Fret likes this.
  4. ramirin

ramirin Ready to push

Oddometer:
    For me it looks bad design with the gaps and additional pieces to put puzzle together. Let us know how it works out on trails.
  5. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver Supporter

Oddometer:
    I dunno how to ride laterally. I only ride in a forward direction. ;)
    Venturer, scfrank and No-Fret like this.
  6. nibby

nibby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Nowwhat - nice shot - Is that different front fender than stock? if yes what model? Cheers
  7. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nah stock... just has a white decal
    nibby likes this.
  8. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought one just because anything EE increases my trail cred. The only thing is that I wish the bolts on the bottom were flush. We will see how it works out but to me skid plates are consumable items like tires so if I don’t like it after a while I may try something else.
    ramirin likes this.
  9. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    For all you with the PP seat on the R;
    I am sold on the trail/offroad advantages of the seat. How is it compared to the stocker for a 2 hour highway run to the trails?
  10. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice job on the vid. I like that and if I destroy the stock I'll probably order one. Do you need to remove it for oil change?
  11. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    FYI the Triple clamp seems to be back ordered. Placed my order last week, but hasn't been processed yet. Price is, was still 85$.
  12. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    We did sell out of them and scrambled for another production run which is due to complete this week so no big delays. Yes, we’ve kept the price as is partly because of this and for those looking for them, the installation instructions with photos are in the downloads section of our website.
  13. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've done an oil change with it mounted on mine. No need to remove the plate. It does take a bit of care when pulling the oil screens when first draining the oil to not flood the plate and make a mess. With the bike on the side stand there is a cut out in the plate directly below the oil screen bolts that allows the oil to flow through to a drain pan placed under the bike. If one is real particular about any oil in the skidplate there will be a little bit of clean up involved.
    ibgary likes this.
  14. ramirin

ramirin Ready to push

Oddometer:
    I only had one trip with it before winter, roughly 300km and the day after came back, no complains at all. I did have some bits of fast stand-up trail I could find along my route but that should always be the case to stay awake.
    kubcat likes this.
  15. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I find the tall seat feels softer that OEM, and because that width is gone, I find that makes for a more comfortable time on slab. Otherwise with the stocker the width would create pinch points under my thighs leading to lower extremity deficits. Because of that it would look like I had physical tourettes as I rode because I would be squirming all over the place to avoid the numbness, and paresthesia setting it. The tall seat greatly reduced that which I am incredibly grateful for.
    kubcat likes this.
  16. kzeb

kzeb Been here quite some time

Oddometer:
    Not as easy as that according to Rebel X due to the canbus signals https://www.rebelxsports.com/product/ktm-790-rally-kit-street-legal/
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  17. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:

So, the KTM is the best at on road performance and off road performance and finished 3rd?

I just came off of a 2017 BMW R1200GS and the first thing I notice on my new 790 Adv is the lack of 100 lbs. No comparison off road for this average skill off road rider.

To each his own.
    ibgary, No-Fret and kzeb like this.
  18. Pulpo

Pulpo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi. I would like to change the battery for a Lithium one. I have read something about better using the LiFePO4 kind than just the Lithium ones. Any idea why? Are the simple Lithium ones OK? I have come across this one. Would it be OK?
    Screenshot_20200122_214245_com.android.chrome.jpg
  19. blackSP

blackSP 62 6c 61 63 6b 53 50

Oddometer:
  20. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Not a big rush, just looking forward to a winter project.
    alongat likes this.