1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Orfeas

Orfeas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    as I mentioned in an earlier post, arrow decat + SC Project muffler with dBkiller = same noise level with cat + SC Project muffler without dBkiller.

I also tried decat without the dBkiller and it’s truly annoying , I would say brutal at least.
    CaseyB and tshansen like this.
  2. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I do believe you, but would be nice to see some numbers because i get this question alot, and dB is within the legel limit or not.
    Orfeas likes this.
  3. grace

grace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tshansen likes this.
  4. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes i had the city bag or what it was called on my GSA.... great, but you loose some space inside the bag bacause of the lock ring. And i dont think it will fit a 790... you handlebars will not be able to go all the way
    grace likes this.
  5. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Legal limit depends on where you are and the local law. Some places prohibit any after market exhaust or any modification to the factory exhaust. There is no universal standard.
  6. RedRider

RedRider You'll shoot your eye out

Oddometer:
    I've been using this for the last several months with the SW Motec "Micro" tankbag. It works pretty great, and it 2.5-5L in size. In the end, I wanted something a little bigger, and purchased a Mosko Moto "Hood" tankbag. So I'll be selling the SW Motec "Micro" tankbag and 790 tank ring (Type 170). LMK if interested. Like new condition, only used on two multi-day rides, and super clean. Will post after I get my new tankbag, but can sell earlier if need be.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-...tric-quick-lock-evo-micro-motorcycle-tank-bag
    https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-...k-bottom-tank-ring-for-ktm-790-adventure-r-19
  7. LAKEMONSTER

LAKEMONSTER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello Amigo, you have responded to a post that a friend accidentally posted. MV Motoventure Machine and Fabrcation is working on a number of 790 products but i am recovering from a Surgery and not up to advertising speed yet. We are working on Engine/exhaust protection, a Decat mid pipe that can be Ceramic coated, rear top rack, and a left hand side only "bikini" side bar to support soft bags and mount the GIVI tool box.
    We also have a "shock collar" that offers a significant level of surface area for convection cooling of the reservoir itself. Spring is gonna happen soon, and we will be up to speed hopefully soon ! Please send question and inquiery to - info@mvmotoventure.ca Thanks !! Mike.

Attached Files:

8. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Very cool Mike. Nice to see another Canadian vendor throwing his hat into the ring. I'll shoot you an email. :beer
    alongat and LAKEMONSTER like this.
  9. grace

grace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thank you for response. i already have a micro tank bag -and a daypack, sport and gs. looking to get a city for the impending 790.

how did you mount the tank ring? did you mount it as in the picture below? if yes, how, if at all, did it obstruct the ability of the fuel cap to open?

if you wanted something bigger, how come you didn't get a bigger sw motech quick lock bag, like the city?

trt0064017001b_1_1.jpg
  10. LAKEMONSTER

LAKEMONSTER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Sir, as a lot of my good customers and friends know, injuries from a life well lived prevent me from working anything more than part time which is why Motoventure doesnt advertise much. All sales are extremely well appreciated, and contribute to me staying productive !! Cheers, Mike.
    braaap!, ibgary, Turts and 1 other person like this.
  11. offworlder

offworlder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very excited to hear the mighty @LAKEMONSTER is awaking from his slumber, and turning his all gazing eye to the 790. I can speak to the quality of @LAKEMONSTER's products first hand; they're über quality and frickin amazing!
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  12. typeamark

typeamark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hubilado likes this.
  13. Turts

Turts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kelowna?
    Me too. I need to get to know you!
    I’ll look you up on FB.
  14. Velociraptor

Velociraptor TrackBum Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just installed that Powercell fuel cap yesterday and yeah it is awesome. No more messing with the key and the fact that the cap will not open all the way with the key in using the Scott's steering damper. Also a lot easier to put gas in the tank now. Only downside is the gas cap is not locked, but my bike stays in the garage so not an issue.
    typeamark, braaap! and hubilado like this.
  15. JP4

JP4 Thumper Geek

Oddometer:
    Installed the R/G -15mm pegs to get a little more leg room. Super comfy. Along with moving the bars all the way forward, they makes riding standing up really comfortable. IMG_20200222_125058152.jpg
    offworlder, TrailTrauma and braaap! like this.
  16. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    TPMS finally installed, groovy.

Runs off switched power so the display can be put to sleep when needed.

790R TPMS 230220.jpg
  17. SEK_Nick

SEK_Nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I presume that there is still no word on the availabilty of the OEM TPMS solution mentioned in the manual?
  18. braaap!

Oddometer:
    Not that I'm aware of.
    But who knows, once KTM get on top of supply and QC issues for the early 2019 / 2020 790 production units they might revisit and update the firmware... We can then get a reflash, install the sensors* and be happy ever after :)

*Somebody who has gone with tubes might be able to confirm if the std tubless valves are in fact TPMS 'sensors'.

@Nowwhat to the white courtesy phone please...
  19. SEK_Nick

SEK_Nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I do remember looking at the valve stem when I was changing tires, it definitely is not a tpms sensor.
    brunosac likes this.
  20. braaap!

Oddometer:
    Good call, my hopes in flames then :(