KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Aceyduce

Aceyduce Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Correct. I have mine mounted in the middle holes as per instructions or the Scott's lever won't be in alignment with the post (too far forward or back).
  2. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    It's funny; I had forgotten that in the old days when buying a Scotts mounting kit for on top of the bars, I would have to specify which bar position I was using. As far as the TCM submount, I believe I have mine mounted in the farthest forward position, and the mounting is OK for the Scotts. As you sweep lock to lock, there is a little fore and aft movement of the arm versus the pin, but it is in the range Scott's deems acceptable.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  3. grace

grace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thank you. it doesn't appear that the brp submount offers the options to mount stems further back. i found that the vanasche submount and tripleclamp moto submount offer multiple options for mounting the stems. darn. i guess that i'll return the brp submount that i just ordered, when it arrives.
  4. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I'm glad this is an option. It might be counter-productive to be forced into 1 mounting position. I wonder how that XRC dampener that Birch uses mounts, and if it also has options. Looks pretty slick. Doesn't sound like it raises the bars, which I like.

https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRaceComponents/posts/1689654597834787?__tn__=CH-R

70809422_10220093557317147_5560604118436806656_o.jpg
    ramirin likes this.
  5. Lill-Erik

Lill-Erik Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. JETalmage

JETalmage Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll say what I want. if you have too short an attention span, don't read it.

JET
  7. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    It's bad enough our country's 3M masks were held at the border by some *insert expletive*, but now I can't even order a new set of goggles. Tried last night and got this error. Gee, I wasn't going to wear my MX goggles to town as part of my PPE, but maybe I should be. :loco

Mask restrictions.jpeg
    undingen and zoo like this.
  8. Turboo

Turboo n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi @peterbuild , do you mind describing what you did to fit the fender on the bike? I understand the brakeline goes between the lower tripleclamp and the fender. Thanks.
  9. peterbuild

peterbuild Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Turboo.
    I didn't take pictures of what i did with the fender but i try to explain:
    problem with the EXC fender is, there is no space for the T-connection of the brakelines between it and the fork triple.
    So you have to grind of some material with a Dremel or something like that, or like i did, taking a heatgun and a steelpart to melt a little bulge in the area of the fendertop, where the brakeline T-connection is.
    If you take of the original fender and compare it with a EXC version, you get the idea.
    Here is a pic of a guy of the ktmforum.eu, he did the "Dremel-version": 20190730_173154_ktmforum.jpg

I also made air-vent slots into the fender. EXC fender doesn't have them.
    It is a hell of a job, but before you bore your self to death in lockdown, you might wanna save the money over the white fender of the Rally :D
    kzeb and BobcatSig like this.
  10. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. zoo

zoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Canada eh, does anyone here know where and who we can order a proper foam air filter for our 790's from at this time? Like the uni foam with the 2nd foam included? Lots of issue's with shipping and out of stock problems.
    thanks, Oh, anyone have success with a nice fitting handle bar bag yet as well. cheers.
  13. offroadjunky

offroadjunky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use the giant loop zig zag bag on all my bikes, fit is ok nice for essentials.
    typeamark and markbxr400 like this.
  14. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    A fanny pack will work. Whatever they are. Never heard of 'em. Ain't got a one. Nope.

:hide
    Vargubau and kzeb like this.
  15. new2adv

new2adv Converting gas into wheelies since 1974

Oddometer:
    Only thing I've seen that makes sense to me is the Rottweiler power plate pre-filter. I wouldn't trust any filter element inside the KTM air box, it's just a bad design.

We have a company here in Victoria that has a delivery address in Blaine Washington. They truck stuff over the border and then I clear it myself at the airport customs. Works well and reasonable cost ($18). Hope you guys in the interior have some similiar options.
    typeamark likes this.
  16. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    hi all
    if anyone would like anything sent to them via australia please pm me i am happy to do so, "if you pay for the item and postage to me and then to yourself"
    1coolbanana and kzeb like this.
  17. markbxr400

markbxr400 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ditto - even my trials bike. Holds phone, keys, wallet . . .
  18. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    Same. I have that bag on all my off-road bikes.
    typeamark likes this.
  19. Turboo

Turboo n00b

Oddometer:
    @peterbuild Okay, great. Thank you for replying. Due to the lockdown, there is plenty of time to wrestle with this. ;)
  20. Vzuke

Vzuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently got an email from USP (United States Plastic Corps), I guess I bought something from them in my long forgotten past.

Colored Vented Dairy Crates
    https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=132897&catid=
    FLOBOX.JPG
    I don't know about you but that sure looks like KTM Florescent Orange to me. Just saying...
    They have 7 other colors if you're looking for some contrast.
    1coolbanana and BobcatSig like this.