1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. doctorblanco

doctorblanco Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @Smashy I think you'll find there is limited amount of space between the bars (at full lock) and the front of the seat. Due to the tank design of this bike, it's somewhat limited in space. I think the KTM bag is about as big as you can go -- the Kriega might be hard to open while it's mounted.
  2. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I have the Kriega 20,and it would be great on the rear. For security have a strap to attach so you can throw it over (your shoulder) like a courier bag when you leave the bike.
    Radzz likes this.
  3. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Added Skeene lights beside the license plate. I do ride on the street too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ugly wiring. I prefer soldered wires and heat shrink to those twist on thingies.

[​IMG]
    This is the taillight assembly hanging loose. Removed those 3 screws and they were stripped as installed.
    Put some JB Weld for plastic in hole and reinsert.

Another pic just because:

[​IMG]
  4. Jefe009

Jefe009 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My Wolfman Blackhawk works fine on there. I leave it a little towards the seat to make it easier to gas up.

5. fiascoj

fiascoj Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was surprised to see that Touratech carries separate part numbers for the R and S side stands. My understanding is that the R side stand is taller but I didn't realize the "foot" was different too.
  6. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    With height, the angle of the foot plate to arm welds will differ perhaps.
  7. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    scfrank- Nice looking mounting job. I'm looking at doing the same thing with Hyperlights. Can you maybe (please) post up a short vid of those light operating?
  8. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    Seat Concepts news: I talked with SC yesterday re seats for the 790. They have the 790 and will be releasing 2 different seats in August. They are also working on a pan for those who don't want to use their own. I'm really hoping for a Sport Seat ala the AT and 1090. Will see.
    The_Eccentric and Velociraptor like this.
  9. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Or cull / reduce your tankbag load :)
    I always have my FA kit in my backpack as it's light weight and... it's on / with me. Not the 5, 10, 20, 30... metres away with the bike as its cartwheeled,l spectaculary off the side of the track / road into the vegetation :)
    I'm looking forward to minimalizing (sp) what I will now carry in the E tank bag.

Be keen to see how you adapt the KTM bag for 'more better' :thumbup
  10. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Is there a catalogue with the KTM accessories for the 790 R that includes prices in Europe?
    wjohnb likes this.
  11. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    KTM POWER PARTS
  12. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs Tenere700

Oddometer:
    Ok but they don't seem to include the prices anywhere.
  13. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I came across these in the latest of Slaven's spam emails lol. Seems like a novel, practical idea which has these practical qualities - reduced vibes due to zero metal-on-metal contact via poly bushings of varying firmnesses, they twist about the long axis under load reduces stress on body, and they are a slightly larger platform I believe. I'm definitely going to think about these when new peg time comes. They check a number of boxes for me personally. I don't think then are lower, but they down sit further back according to Slavens in one of his videos.

https://shop.xcgear.com/collections/spurz/products/spurz-foot-pegs?variant=27687516945

https://slavensracing.com/shop/spurz-foot-pegs-xc-gear/

[​IMG]
    ibgary likes this.
  14. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Now these are interesting! Similar in concept to PivotPegz but with what looks like an asymmetric platform. Big investment in design, tooling and manufacture!!
    Like PP, note how the pivot boss is not centred... this allows one to install in a 'high' position or by flipping and swapping out the centre pivot to the the other side... One gets a slightly lower position.

Veeeery interesting! (Schultz voice).
    That actual small difference in height change will feel quite large. Have done same with my PP's and the 10mm difference feels like double - More 'betterer' ergonomically. Cool!
    TrailTrauma and Thumper Dumper like this.
  15. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs Tenere700

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested to know if anyone lowered the stock 790 R seat and by how much.
  16. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try ktmtwins.com. I think it's an american site but you can convert from usd to euro and the price should be the same from european sites.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  17. nibby

nibby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to trying the new PP seat - sitting in the garage it feels good, like my old Renazco in how it positions you on the bike, similar to an EXC.
    I haven't noticed the increase in height but not really concerned with that, it's more how it feels, I will find out more tomorrow after a good test.

20190720_165630.jpg 20190720_165643.jpg
    The_Eccentric, Equalo, 06Z and 5 others like this.
  18. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Awesome! Looking forward to your feedback.

And thanks for the photos. Can I make a small request? Is it possible to see a side shot or 2 with the smaller side plastics removed. The taller seat you have looks almost wider than stock, at it's 'base', so I want to ensure everything sits, and even looks kosher with the frame exposed (which is how I run my 790 day to day).

Thanks
  19. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did Nowwhat get his bike back from Rottweiler??????

kzeb, Equalo, Yzlvr and 1 other person like this.
  20. 06Z

06Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad I have one on order. KTM should be ashamed this seat didn't come on the bike stock. :y0!shame, shame, shame on you KTM. :rofl
    nibby and TrailTrauma like this.