KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I looked all I saw was Harley, Iook again
  2. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually Supporter

Oddometer:
    You may want to put up a wtb thread

You absolutely need them.
    EvilSteve and Oceandiving954 like this.
  3. CaseyB

Oddometer:
    *$165 Shipped

they are running a discount :D
    EvilSteve likes this.
  4. sluagh

sluagh not fade away

Oddometer:
    alonad likes this.
  5. sluagh

sluagh not fade away

Oddometer:
    I just looked at the reply I did to your first post about this and it's a little rude. I apologize, I didn't intend that.
  6. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's all good :beer
    EvilSteve and Nowwhat like this.
  7. Tigerkf

Tigerkf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What size Wolfman bag is that?
  8. CaseyB

Oddometer:
    Small rolie.

That’s rolled in a bunch as well. You have a bunch more room if needed
    ibgary likes this.
  9. Subaruvich

Subaruvich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. Steve-AU

Steve-AU Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi can somebody help me ... looking for a billet connector bar that bolts to the handlebar clamps so I can connect to Cycra Probend CRM hand guard bars (to eliminate the clamp on the handle bar). Have seen picture below somewhere on the forum. Thanks a lot for any help!
  11. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

I believe this is what you are looking for

https://www.shopbrp.com/ktm/product/1507-hand-guard-mounts.html
    BHoward likes this.
  12. mightycaptain

mightycaptain n00b

Oddometer:
    I was disappointed as well with their racks. Not so much the rack itself but the cheap hardware they sent with it. Nothing like the video. Now I have 2 zinc coated 13mm bolts for the rear of the racks. And the on the muffler side that tab and bolt would not go in with scratching the heck out of the muffler. If they would have made that tab that inserts into the passenger footpeg a half inch shorter. Problem would have been solved. But I eventually got it sorted. But what a pita. The cheap hardware has me irked the most and now I have 13mm bolts when I don't think there were any before. Now I have to carry another wrench. I'll probably source better hardware myself to resolve.
  13. mulefan3220

mulefan3220 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Depends how skinny you want to go with the wheels. I run a Excel 1.85 front with extra HD tube and a 4.25 rear thats got the Outex tubeless. I think you can go to 3.5” rear and still use the Outex to make it tubeless. There really isn’t a safe option for a 1.85 tubeless front wheel (that I know of). I like having the option to plug the rear because, let’s be honest, it’s a hell of a lot easier than removing the wheel and breaking bead etc. I’m guessing there’s a few of you who love changing that big ass rear tube in the back country and can do it in less than 3 minutes. I ain’t one of em.
    Subaruvich, CaseyB, Flatroads and 2 others like this.
  14. RJ Str8

RJ Str8 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My humble contribution to the great lever debate. I hacksawed the oem clutch lever about 5-10 mm inboard of the precut break channel on the stock lever. Then filed it smooth and rounded the edges. Finally, put a ½ in - ¼ in heat shrink sleeve on the end and heat gunned it on tight after cutting it to proper length. There is a small hole on outboard end to allow drainage from both ends. Allows for full squeeze with 2 fingers with no pinch. Left the brake lever untouched since pinching not an issue and works fine as is for 2 finger actuation.
    6C2CFF92-86A5-4183-B4F3-04E79858B6E0.jpeg C6169E51-8A94-4433-BD19-FB03626F13B2.jpeg
  15. mulefan3220

mulefan3220 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They suck. It’s surprising that both Rottweiler and Mosko are so into them. Maybe because they are one of the only games in town. Besides Tourajunk.
    mightycaptain likes this.
  16. Tigerkf

Tigerkf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed OM skid plate crash bar combo (yeah I know everyone thinks crash bars suck) and the holes did not line up completely but by leaving all the bolts loose until they were all started I had enough play to get the threads started. I then torqued them down. It was really the only solution I saw that met my goals. I wanted a skid plate that didn't mount to the bottom of the engine and also wanted somewhere to place my feet on long trips (that's the reason for the crash bars). So far so good.
    TNWalker and EvilSteve like this.
  17. Steve-AU

Steve-AU Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nowwhat likes this.
  18. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve got a set I’ll sell ya...just send me a pm if you want them.
  19. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We all buy stuff we know may cause problems becuase we want whatever it happens to be. As long as it suits our desires, we go into it with eyes wide open, and accept the potential consequences then it's all good.

Folks rag on accesories that dont perform as advertised which helps potential buyers make decisions based on information other than just what the manufacturer offers.

Remember cheap bolt on pre-runner bars that were so popular that for awhile it seemed every truck had them? Owners recounting stories of bent frames rather than just a bent bumper as the result of hitting anyhing with them even lightly changed the demand for them considerably but you can still buy them and some folks still want them for the look. *Shrug*
  20. Flatroads

Flatroads Somnambulist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone considered, or currently using a bike cover of any sort? I just got back from a long trip, and we had intended to stay at a motel on the way home, but eventually just powered through. I had a 10x12 tarp I was planning to use to keep prying-eyes and monsoon rains off the bike.

I'd like is something that covers at least mid-way down the wheels or more, waterproof, with grommets or a way to fasten it to the bike, and low-key looking. Under $50 would be nice. Light-weight and able to compact would be preferred.