KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Funny Pipeman, i was just noticing this a whole bunch lately...Thought maybe from my Decat , any mods on your end?
  2. Pipeman

Pipeman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just did the decat.... Not sure yet if I like it .
  3. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Arrow or straight through? I have the Arrow with the stock muffler and I love it.
    windblown101 likes this.
  4. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same here. Love the amount of "on throttle" bark the arrow decat and stock muffler make. Seems just about right. Yep, I'm that shallow. LOL
    kzeb and EvilSteve like this.
  5. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    Me too! And the crackle that you get when using the quickshifter under heavy throttle when it cuts spark briefly and then lights off is magic to my ears. Wouldn’t want it any louder; if I eventually get a wings or Akra to save weight and improve aesthetics, I will definitely keep the dB killer.
  6. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are there folks on this forum that are using the Arrow Decat with a Wings silencer? I'm curious about the noise/song it delivers. I have as Wings exhaust and have an Arrow Decat on the bench but have waited to install it.
  7. Mud Bucket

Mud Bucket 60% of the time I'm right every time

Oddometer:
    I have the Arrow decat with the Akra with DB out. I love the growl low RPM's and offroad. Highway above 120km higher rev's it's a bit loud. Sounds just fine with ear plugs. lol, dont think I'll change it out. It lets everyone know on the highway I'm there. Im going to try it with the DB killer in to compare.
  8. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    Just send me the Wings and I’ll give it a little test ride...
    hubilado likes this.
  9. Pipeman

Oddometer:
    Arrow with the stock muffler and stock intake and Rapid Bike easy is what I have. Today I installed a Fisch Moto spark arrestor but did not get a chance to ride it . Tomorrow and this weekend I will probably put another 100 - 200 miles or so on and report back.
  10. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    Interesting. I have just the stock ECU and it definitely is stronger in that 3500-6000 range.
  11. Pipeman

Oddometer:
    The jury is still out, I only put about 25 miles on it since the install, I’ll know by Sunday evening If I am keeping the Arrow decat or not.
  12. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have that combo for the last 5k miles. Super sound, and I keep the DB in. Only issue I see is a flat spot at about 4K , otherwise the sound and look ( I’m a shallow bitch too ) is spot on.
  13. EvilSteve

EvilSteve Not so evil, not so Steve.

Oddometer:
    I have the combination with the insert in. It sounds great and isn't too loud for me. I wear ear plugs on the road but often not when I'm off-road. I prefer not having earplugs off-road, it still sounds good and isn't annoying.
    hubilado and Nowwhat like this.
  14. benzhow

benzhow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I shortened my clutch lever as well. Very happy with how well that works for me. I love the idea of shrink wrap on the end. Gotta give that a go. Thanks.
  15. MeVoGTC

MeVoGTC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I purchased the Perum rack and the mount bits for Givi. It works great, and was a lot cheaper than the adaptor plate or givi rack setup. I picked the GIVI E115F Junction Kit off amazon for $28. The Perum plate is really nicely built, and allows the use of soft luggage with great tie down spots. This makes for a versatile setup.
    Perun and Flatroads like this.
  16. windblown101

Oddometer:
    My personal limit for exhaust noise: If it's loud enough to annoy me when not wearing earplugs then it's probably annoying the piss out of everyone I come near, and that's a bad thing. I don't try to make everyone happy but I do try to be reasonable.
    picard, Subaruvich and hubilado like this.
  17. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I'm just going to have to give it a test ride and see if it exceeds my limit... Going to wait until after a couple more rides when I do the "deep cleaning" and fall service.
    windblown101 likes this.
  18. slowkiwi

slowkiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree with windblown, if the exhaust noise is ok below highway speeds, then the exhaust is good... At highway speeds i have to use earplugs anyway to cut out the wind noise.

I am fitting my decat today, match with an Akrapovic. since I love v-twins, and hate 'sewing machines' I am hopeful it gets rid of the 'sewing machine' in my garage, because I like it very much otherwise.
    Flatroads likes this.
  19. fbga

fbga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Before I take the headlight assembly apart to look at it, does anyone have the reference / part number / type for the accessory connectors?
    I need to buy the matching connector for my GPS wire.

thanks
  20. windblown101

Oddometer:
    They are standard spade connectors as I recall. The accy connectors tucked behind the rear seat are the exact same style as what you will find in the headlight housing if you want to check and make sure you get the right ones.
    hubilado and fbga like this.