1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I prefer soft luggage even though I use a sw topcase for the city to lock my helmet in and other stuff but for trips I use this set up
    Dryspec d38 and d28(that's for my tools)
    And the 25L GL mototrekk
    20190719_094958.jpg 20190718_220013.jpg
    Perun and The_Eccentric like this.
  2. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG-20190721-WA0006.jpg and off road just the d28 for the tools
  3. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a stockpile of pics and whatnots from that weekend? I only took like 1 or 2, I think.
  4. NHktmRider

NHktmRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i have 3 or 4 all together and a couple from the camp
  6. MCforFun

MCforFun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    North of Lake Chelan on the Washington BDR, I always take photos of the Delorme maps map and copy of the page goes with me also. I am using OSM map and Google map offline. All easy forest roads on this part. 8AC1C3F4-15B9-4E66-AE55-5EFF1240E546.jpeg 0C855924-7AC6-489E-BECF-C7079346217B.jpeg 39E16263-D4DB-4951-8CF2-7E08065AB7D1.jpeg
  7. BlackDogCycleWorks

BlackDogCycleWorks Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Legitimate question. We are trying to balance airflow and preventing debris from penetrating the skid plate. We want to keep the area behind the front wheel fairly solid so that debris kicked up from the front tire doesn't clog things up. I think the holes we have will provide plenty of airflow but further testing will confirm. As we said in our post this is a first prototype.

Exactly. We have created a stout rear mount that ties the two sides together that provides a lot of strength to the footpegs mounts and should reduce the chance of cracking the motor. We are guessing most of our customers won't be interested in a center stand. Our priority is keeping the bike light and nimble.

We are definitely NOT using the case as a mounting point. Not sure who thought that was a good idea....:rofl

Thanks for your support
    Kurt
  8. mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer:
    Well that’s a bummer. I already have the center stand mounted on my R model. I like it, and the weight is low. Will have to see if someone else will accommodate it.
  9. The_Eccentric

The_Eccentric Gearhead. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you have an R model specific center stand, or did you modify one intended for the S model to work with the taller R model?
  10. mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer:
    It's an R center stand. SW Motech. I bought it on ebay from France.
    The_Eccentric likes this.
  11. chippertheripper

Oddometer:
    Seat Concepts just teased that their 790 seat is close.
    I haven’t found the stock R seat too unbearable, but I am curious to see what they come up with. The stocker could be a little narrower at the edges to accommodate standing, without really sacrificing seated comfort, for my bunses.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  12. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am anxious to see what they come up with as I am a big fan of Seat Concepts. When I emailed them a month ago I tried to explain to them that the seat needed to be narrower where my legs fall but they said that they were going to come out with a "comfort seat" which means wider towards the rear. Now that they have had to do a little R&D I would like to see what they decided.
  13. chippertheripper

Oddometer:
    What they sorta teased does indeed look wider towards the rear. I have to go mount up my own bike and see if that’s what I want, or if I should break out the electric turkey knife and just start hacking.
  14. turbofan790

turbofan790 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ibgary and NomorBills like this.
  15. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I've always ordered my seat covers from Seat Concepts, but as they're not out quite yet I have a KTM tall seat coming in. Dealer is checking on ETA of it as I type. I think the tall seat/enduro shape will suit me better based on past experience especially if the SC seat is going to be fatter at the back. Anything I can do to eliminate edges/pressure points in my seat will go a long way.
  16. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I was set to do that, but that seat isn't as straight forward as an enduro seat in terms of re-upholstering. I'm not even sure you can pull the OEM seat cover tighter after you hack away due to the covers welded nature. It'll have a memory of how it should lie. Post hacking it will likely pucker where you remove material.
  17. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    790 Adventure standard model trivia: If you order double take mirrors for your 790 non-R make sure you not only order the adapter for the reverse threaded side but also a base extension for the other side. Reasoning: Other than the R model the standard version does not come with extensions that you can re-use, so your mirrors would end up at different heights.
    turbofan790 and TrailTrauma like this.
  18. chippertheripper

Oddometer:
    I’m not a fan of the orange stripes anyways, so I’d just bring it to the local upholsterer. Black is faster, regardless.
    CaseyB and TrailTrauma like this.
  19. Velociraptor

Velociraptor TrackBum Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am messing around with the screen turbulence issue in addition to setting the ergos up better for my 34 inch inseam. Got lower pegs and bar risers. Now just waiting for the KTM tall seat. I got a clip-on screen extender from Touratech which helped a lot with the turbulence but looks fairly horrible. Interested in the Rade screen when it comes out. Also I am experimenting with helmets. I love my Klim Krios lid because it is comfy and very light, but pretty noisy. I also have a Touratech Adventuro Mod helmet which is heavier but a lot quieter. So next ride will be without the screen extender but with the Touratech lid to see how that feels. Otherwise after 800 miles, no issues with the bike. It is pretty close to being the unicorn bike.
    SoilSampleDave, Fabricator and ibgary like this.
  20. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I hit some brutal winds my last ride, and the only thing which could battle them was my going into a tuck. And as a bonus to riding without buffeting for the first time I actually heard the parallel twin for the first time while riding. Sounded nice. Makes me look forward to an Arrow setup or similar one day when the tuning gets sorted out.

Riding in an enduro helmet sucks in the wind. That sun shadamadingy sure catches wind. I've had my eye on the Klim Krios Pro ADV helmet for some time now. Maybe next year. It will be nice to have built in options.

[​IMG]
    MTBRALPH likes this.