KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Tigerkf

Tigerkf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, if she has her own bike then cool! Two up, nah!
  2. advdoctor

advdoctor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to bring along someone to open the gate :-)
    Brilloman, rsmith56 and Dan D. like this.
  3. zoo

zoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone found a set of bar riser's as of yet, off amazon or ebay that actually fit the ktm 790?
  4. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anything that fits the 1190/1090/1290 will work. I took my 52mm risers off my 1190 and put them on the 790.
    OneAUout, zoo and Matrace like this.
  5. WB11

WB11 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just make sure you buy something of quality that you can trust. A friend bought cheap $30 bar risers and they broke within a week when he was simply aside the bike trying to work it back & forth up a small ledge.
    zoo likes this.
  6. Megalodon

Megalodon n00b

Oddometer:
    New footpegs from Bosley.
    Installed them a week ago. Very happy with ergonomics, function and design. peg1.jpeg peg1.jpeg peg2.jpeg peg3.jpeg
    SoilSampleDave, WB11 and kirill_k like this.
  7. theDoktor

theDoktor Husky Racer

Oddometer:
    I'm putting together a spreadsheet on all the footpegs I can find for the 790/890 bikes that I am willing to share with any inmate who's interested. There are LOTS of variables in the pegs I have found so far, including platform size and location relative to the OEM pegs. Location includes a variety of drops and rearset dimensions.
    As I don't do Facebook, I don't have any information on the Bosley pegs, although I do have them noted on my spreadsheet without any data. Do you have any information you could share on these pegs, including price & material, as well as dimensional stuff?
    Anyone interested in my spreadsheet, please PM me with your email and what you want. I will send you a pdf of the spreadsheet. Additional data welcome!
    ibgary and SFC_Ren like this.
  8. c-m

c-m Long timer

Oddometer:
    Further backwards? Don't people usually want footpegs lower and further forward for comfort?
    ibgary likes this.
  9. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
  10. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    I usually opt for straight down, but especially with my 790. It has the furthest rearward peg location of any bike I have ever sat on.
  11. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really depends on the bike, the rider size, if they prefer standing upright, standing in an attack position, or sitting. Also how the bike gets used. I have a 34" inseam and went -20mm straight down and tall seat to get some leg room and make transitions from sitting to standing easier. On Japanese bikes I'd be more likely to go down and back as well. Haven't actually heard of folks wanting to shift the pegs forward but hey, it's all about what one wants and what works!
    hubilado and BHoward like this.
  12. theDoktor

theDoktor Husky Racer

Oddometer:
    I've found lots of pegs that drop straight down and a few that move to the rear, sometimes in combination. None that move forward though, although custom pegs appear to be an option with some of the manufacturers. I'm glad I went thru this exercise- otherwise the variables out there could drive one mad with the data just scattered around.
  13. theDoktor

theDoktor Husky Racer

Oddometer:
    @windblown101, what are you using for pegs? The only ones I've found so far with that much drop are the Vanasche pegs from Rotweiller
  14. windblown101

Oddometer:
    That's a beauty of Bosley Pegs. You just tell the man what you want and that's what you get. All for a price that is lower than many one size fits all options. If an off the shelf peg happens to work there are some really nice ones out there and lots of options. If you are in search of a customized fit that varies from what's available Bosley is the man. Best way to know what you need is to simply ride the bike and see what you like or don't like about the current peg position first. Then you know what you are looking for. Small changes make for big changes in feel.
    hubilado and SoilSampleDave like this.
  15. windblown101

Oddometer:
    Bosley.
  16. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so guys a little heads up
    after contacting twalcom about their mud guard to ask where i could buy it in the US ( http://twalcom.com/frame.php?key=L2...leS5waHAjL3Nob3AvcHJvZHVjdC5waHA/SUQ9MTM4NA== under 790/890 special parts)
    they answered me and cc'd their distributer here mosites motorsports ( mositesmotorsports.com )
    long story short 2 months later they got the package . its not on their site as they had a small waiting list and didn't want to have sell out before it was fulfilled.
    part cost 81.99 shipped
    you can email them to ask for it , I would hurry as these will probably sell out fast
  17. theDoktor

theDoktor Husky Racer

Oddometer:
    Do you have any info on the Bosley pegs I can add to my spreadsheet?
  18. windblown101

Oddometer:
  19. kubcat

kubcat Riding is Eudaemonic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dok, before you do, check out the one I made a few years ago. You could start there and update it for any further data you find.
    https://790adventure.net/farkles/replacement-footpegs/

As a reminder to all inmates; regarding 790 ADV in particular, it always pays to check that site first. Always.
    SoilSampleDave likes this.
  20. theDoktor

theDoktor Husky Racer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, @kubkat. I wasn't aware of that particular site or spreadsheet. Unfortunately, I can't edit the excellent spreadsheet you put together- I have several additions, plus there are a couple that I wasn't aware of. Want me to email you an editable copy of mine so we can update yours?