KTM 790 Adv accessories, Modifications and Upgrades

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Received the ARROW DECAT today, nice piece !! My issue is this continues to loom over my thought process on installing it....( source below Coober eu)

Picture 1: Arrow De-cat. It is a good quality product, nice welds and fits good to the mounting spot

Picture 2: As expected the 790 Engine wont allow any de-cat. Here we can clearly see and confirm what @kobi.liany already did with his 790. After a while the 790 goes in to the protection mode. This is a known feature from Bosch and mainly developed to protect the engine.

Picture 3: Here we can see stock, vs decat, vs, coober ecu with decat map. The bad news first, we are not going to release any de-cat map for the 790 and the reason, you can see at Picture 4. Even if we can override closed loop and do whatever on fuel, ignition, traction, torque ... but in fact no serious company is going to sell you something useless. Does not make sense at all, when the simple ecu setup is making more reliable power on stock setup.

Picture 4: Oil results. We got a chance to compare those results, with the older one from a simple pipe decat solution. Well as expected benzol gets more. This is a very well know issue on the 790. This happens if you disconnect your lambda, or if you flood your cylinder with fuel in lower rpm, or simply if you have no clue about thermodynamics

Picture 5: Heat, for those who understand the function of the cat converter. the 790 engine setup is made to have a thermodynamic management with cat-included. The info in pic 5 shows the difference between stock and decat in heat management under identical conditions. This makes it bit more clear why the stock es is fighting back sooner or later.

Conclusion. We love the 790 Engine. Very proud to be apart of its existing, but de-cat is still nothing that we would recommend. In fact no serious company is going to recommend it ever.
  2. kzeb

kzeb Been here quite some time

Oddometer:
    Hmmm... Why would you need that there is plenty of room.
    Sharon1.png
  3. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My SW Motech pannier system arrived today. The panniers are the Trax Ion and the rack is the Pro carrier. I chose this rack because of the quick lock feature (racks come on/off with half-turn fasteners, all you need is a flat head screw driver, takes 5 seconds). I do most of my riding without any luggage so no sense in having racks permanently mounted to the bike.

Installation was pretty straight forward and everything fit nicely. Here are some pics:

1st pic is the rack installed on the bike. Note the locking fastener (I drew a red arrow to it) so if a thief with a screw driver happens by he can't remove it.

2nd pic is the panniers on the bike. Left is 45L and right is 37L.

3rd pic is the bike with the racks removed. Only a few small pieces remain and they are barely noticeable.

Attached Files:

nivag, Perun, SW-MOTECH NA and 3 others like this.
  4. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice! Very cool to see the rack delete, which leaves very little behind.
    SoilSampleDave likes this.
  5. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    where are the pics?
  6. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    question,
    do duke 790 slip-ons fit the 790 adv?
    I like scorpion I had one on vee but they dont make it for the 790adv just the duke.
    also the weight is 1.99kg/4.37 which is about 1/2kg/1.1lb lighter than any pipe i saw on the market(for the 790 adv) and the carbon is even lighter at 1.87kg/4.11lb

so OEM is 3.6kg/7.64lb
  7. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah it's a nifty feature. I definitely recommend these racks for anyone looking for a set. After I've used them for a while I'll make another post on how they're holding up, but my initial impression is that they are well built and I expect them to last.

Now if only I hadn't used up all of this year's vacation so I could go on a trip. :( Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait till next year.
  8. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. koekeroe

koekeroe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine delete thing IMG_20190911_151930.jpg IMG_20190911_151923.jpg IMG_20190911_151918_1.jpg IMG_20190911_151858.jpg IMG_20190911_151852.jpg
  10. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Sooo...who is going to make a heat deflector for the top only of the cat to help keep some heat off the shock?
  11. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
  12. koekeroe

koekeroe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yes
    didnt like it
    too much noise
  13. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Skid plate install is what you’d expect from EE. Loose tolerances. The plastic tank protectors were a real pita to put back on.
  14. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    @koekeroe what muffler did you run with the Arrow decat?
  15. koekeroe

koekeroe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the oem one
  16. Noyah

Noyah poser

Oddometer:
    You selling it?
    Running the Leovince Decat and looking to replace it with the Arrow.
  17. Noyah

Noyah poser

Oddometer:
    Installed rallypegs and changed gearing to 15/46 (16/45 stock) will report back with feedback on the gearing
    Rudderfeet and Nowwhat like this.
  18. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    GodFatherOfChill likes this.
  19. Jeff in NH

Jeff in NH n00b

Oddometer:
    Can you get a helmet in the larger case?
  20. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fits 2, which is one more than i need room for. 127088486.jpg