KTM 790 ADV key

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    So, last week some degenerate SOB stole my tank bag off my parked bike. In the Tank Bag was a spare Ignition Key. Dealer wants $40- for a blank. I'll be getting 2. However, $80- for 2 key blanks is waay tooo high. Anyone have any alternative places I can get a blank?
  2. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    If you think that's too much, wait 'til you get the bill for programming those keys.
  3. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was thinking those chipped key blanks were not going to be the lions share of the cost...
  4. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Seems like ~$100 per key is the norm these days. That's what I was quoted for a Ford key, but then the spare showed up, so I dodged a bullet. Of course most auto keys have remote lock electronics in them, so the keys themselves are more to begin with. I don't see any way around the dealer pricing for chipped keys.
  5. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    I'm just a bit pissy about the damn thing getting stolen. I'll be ordering it...2...up today.
  6. Toddv

Toddv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea you definitely want to get the stolen key out of the memory of the bike so it will no longer start it. Just in case the thieves have a way to track it down.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  7. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Exactly, because that scumbag sold it to a scumbag who can actually ride a bike, and he's waiting for you to repark in that area.