KTM 790 ADV R Specs FINALLY

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by satmanski, Nov 6, 2018.

1. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    I like your break-out of the costs - this is really helpful. I know when I did my 1190R I added around $2k to the cost of the bike with the luggage system and add-ons. I will say I like the stock exhaust and trying to keep the bike quiet - it's already loud enough on the road from the wind noise and when I'm riding in the forest having the exhaust note any louder than necessary really goes against the grain in how I like to impact the environment.

For pegs, I think you're right to wait but I'm pretty sure you will want aftermarket pegs - one of the best improvements I made to my bike.
  2. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Isnt the Wings only about $150 less than the Akropovic now, at least from the cost he gave? Considering the overall cost of everything, the akropovic being factory supported and software/map factory supported directly, doesnt make as much sense to go with wings.
  3. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Maybe if you buy it from someone selling it here in the US, but if you buy direct from Gorazd at Wings like many of us have been doing for years, it's a lot cheaper. I have been thoroughly impressed with the build quality of all the Wings mufflers I have purchased ( 1 for 1190R, 1 for 690R, 1 for 701). I have seen no issues brought up on the forums here regarding compatibility with KTM/Akra maps or aftermarket fueling dongles, etc. It's your money, I'm not saying you shouldn't buy an Akra if that is what you want. It's just not worth it to me.
    gar and Venturer like this.
  4. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He’s saying he’s can get the Akro for 800 something. From what I’ve seen people are paying 600 something for wings on the 1x90. I’ve never heard an exhaust replicate the bass of an Akropovic from any manufacturer maybe Remus. Maybe as loud but not the tone. Not sure if the 790 will be that bass heavy though.
  5. Allucaneat

Allucaneat When do we stop to eat? Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you don't mind paying the price for that bass tone, look (listen) at Arrow mufflers. The Arrow sounds the best on an 1190 in my opinion. A pair of Arrows on my MG V7 completely transformed the sound of that bike.
  6. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'll definitely get some but not the oem rally with inserts for 250 ..i'm sure i can get cheaper from alt rider or something European when they come out with them ,till then will survive
  7. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I agree with you on that. I really like the orange pegs from Warp9 - been running a couple different pegs and keep coming back to them. Not the best for the highway, but seem to be the best overall.
  8. nordicbiker

nordicbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You have not seen or heard the bike amd want spend right away 850 USD on the Acra, which without further actions wont bring much of a performance improvement? Also the luggage side rack is not really necessary if you opt for soft luggage like mosko moto r80. Lots of money to save! I have ordered my R with low fender, metal luggage platform and quickshifter. Maybe I`ll also take the low seats of the non-R. Exhaust will need to wait until I know how hot the original gets and how it sounds.
    Oeths and kateemer2 like this.
  9. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the pipe is not for performance and more for weight the reason for the akro is that it is already mapped so i don't have to deal with that
    as for the side racks they also add a level of protection to the bike and the expensive pipe we are all talking about as well as keeping the hot pipe away from the soft bags...
    which i own(saving money on buying new ones).
  10. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have read several of you mentioning a center stand but don't see that as a parts option. Can anyone confirm availability and price? Also, any confirmation on tube or tubeless for the R?
  11. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ktm have not released the part number or price...but if you look at the oem stand for 1090 it cost $236 so i'm sure it will be the same
  12. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    It should be 790/1090th of the price.
    EkrebDK and Jaimoto like this.
  13. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    Very helpful walk around and hands on from Rade Garage!
    windblown101, Lycan1, alonad and 2 others like this.
  14. Barekat

Barekat Looking to get dirty

Oddometer:
    Great walk-around... best so far.
  15. moosehog

moosehog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got my deposit down, but the waiting is hard. Its like that super hot chick you start dating that says you don't get to bang her for 6 months.
    nibby and SoilSampleDave like this.
  16. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bang!! you are not even making out ... all she is doing is texting you sexy pics for you to drool on...the only thing that can always happen is that sexy chick ends up being a dude
    which I hope is not the case here
    nibby, ADV-wannabe, SASteve and 4 others like this.
  17. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    lonerockz likes this.
  18. nordicbiker

nordicbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did a quick look at the 790 (they had one on a platform, so you did not need to crawl on the floor to check it's intimate parts...) and did NOT see any fittings for a center stand. So I am afraid there will never be one. Personally I would not mind to mount one, as the weight is low and makes wheel changes SO much easier!
  19. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    Might be worth taking a spare air filter along on long dusty trips. Small and super easy to change. I had to watch it twice. Once to see what they were saying, and once to look at the bike. :lol3
  20. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    6CF920AB-99A1-472D-A8A3-3A69D496A281.jpeg Here is the frame stripped of everything but the swing arm. Look at the two sections of frame that hang down in front of the swing arm. The two larger holes look similar to my 950 frame sections that secure the center stand.
    ADV-wannabe likes this.