KTM 790 Adv tire and wheel thread.

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Jul 14, 2019.

1. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well I wont order from them because they said they had it and they didn't. i didnt pay any shipping etc..
    but revzilla has gone down hill in customer service.
    i was thinking on buying the E1 helmet they had on sale but the only had SM (same shell size as MD just different pads which they had for sale $79 or something like that)
    i called and asked if the could change the pads to MD instead SM without charging me and they said no you will have to buy them.
    that is not how you treat a repeat customer
    ibgary likes this.
  2. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well same story with Slavens Racing no adv in stock even though their site said yes back on the hunt
    any one know a place that has a rear rallz or adventure let me know
  3. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I could see that service if I walked into my local dealer, and spoke face to face, but with RevZilla you're probably just a number. One of a thousand numbers a day. It would be hard, I'd think, to be that busy trying to ship items out while redirecting those employees to start opening boxes, swapping out parts, repackaging the item, sending it out and then moving the swapped items back into stock completely.
    ibgary likes this.
  4. TrailTrauma

Oddometer:
    When I went looking in Canada for you, I kept thinking how nice it would have been to be able to go to a MotoZ site where they'd have a running tally of where their products were and what the true stock was. A consumer could start there, and then follow the link to that vendor. This game of having to surf all over hell's half acre looking for tires sucks. Huge waste of time, especially with misleading back ordering dates.

MotoZ rubber is definitely worth the wait though. Something about the natural rubber they utilize which puts them above the competition.
    alonad likes this.
  5. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so i think im going to get the rallz in the end
    found a place in the uk ships DHL EXPRESS will take 3-5 days to get here (fingers crossed ).
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  6. nibby

nibby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Apo - bashplate is what KTM should have offered from the start - fair play to Ian for sorting something so quickly and that good. Best available IMO - Looks great.
    TarMack and ibgary like this.
  7. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    kudos to ADVENTURE SPEC in the UK with express shipping(ordered yesterday (9pm uk time) estimated delivery sept 3rd ) the Rallz tire was about $17 cheaper then any place in the US and is already in route
    not to mention out of stock until the 24th in the US
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  8. TrailTrauma

Oddometer:
    Thats awesome news @alonad ! Way to hustle. I wonder if the UK got their supply of MotoZ tires 'after' NA did. Might explain continuing availability there.
    alonad likes this.
  9. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I rode around 200km off pavement (including really muddy and rocky singles) and 100 with my new MotoZ RallZ (around 25 psi in both tires).
    Overall, I do really like them!

Offroad, they are way better than the stock Karoo 3 or the Mitas E07 (not very difficult)
    Better traction everywhere (gravel, dry dirt, roots and rocks, mud, etc.), and the front feels way more stable (so more confidence inspiring).

On the street, not as good as the E07 (which are 50/50) if you want to push the bike aggressively, but you can still have a lot of fun in the twisties.
    Of course you can feel the front working when breaking hard (ABS kicks easily but it is still perfectly manageable).
    I didn't test on wet pavement yet but I guess you'll have to be quite careful, like with the Karoo 3.

I would say it is a 80% dirt, 20% street tire.

I just ordered a set for my 690 Enduro R :-)
    Nowwhat, Fabricator, nibby and 2 others like this.
  10. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally mounted (Rallz) 34A40FDE-9CD8-4E14-BD47-CEDBB0E7B648.jpeg
    TarMack, Rudderfeet, alonad and 6 others like this.
  11. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Be sure to let us know how they do on the wet pavement when you have a chance. Motor claims the high silica content makes them work well even on wet tarmac. I would like a users first hand opinion on that.
  12. wizze

wizze Wizze = Wise

Oddometer:
    How loud is the Rallz on the road? I have the Desert HT on my 1190 and it is crazy loud on the street. It drives me nuts! But it works so I suffer. I almost yanked it yesterday after riding on grooved concrete.
  13. Fabricator

Fabricator Hello Moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    They put out a pretty good humming sound. This was on a bunch of slab about a week ago, so I wore my full-face helmet with ear plugs due to the wind blast. Probably a good bit louder with a better windscreen and no earplugs.
  14. mickp701

mickp701 n00b

Oddometer:
    I received my Rallzs this week. Great service from Adventure Spec in UK, they got them to me here in Switzerland in double quick time with no hassles. Fitted them today, front went on easy, rear had me sweating but finally got it on. Just trying to balance them and finding I need a LOT of weight. The rear is looking like 80g and the front about 60. I’ve spun the rear 90 and 180 degrees but there seems to be a definite heavy spot on the tire. Does this amount of weight seem normal? I mounted a set of tubed Rallzs to my wife’s CRF Rally yesterday and the front and rear both needed about 30g which seemed reasonable.

Cheers
  15. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    20190907_134439.jpg
    installed today definitely feel the difference from the karoos much quiter only got 50 miles street on them today on Thursday going to 800 mile ride mostly off road will see how the do.
  16. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    same here. you can see the weights on this pic.
    E0E1062F-2D96-43ED-82E8-2BC0C96AAAFD.jpeg
    alonad likes this.
  17. AdamM001

AdamM001 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Texas (by way of Norway and Nova Scotia, Canada)
    I do it on my ‘06 950 Adv S stock rear (same size), and plan to do it on my 790R.
    - about $90 less than the 150/80!

You need to use a tube - as they are waaay narrower in the “bead” area - but some lube and 60psi to set it should do the trick.
    Allucaneat likes this.
  18. AdamM001

AdamM001 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Texas (by way of Norway and Nova Scotia, Canada)
  19. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    Bridgestone AX41!
    I think I've just found my perfect 50/50 tyre.
    Way better offroad than Karoo3 while having same performance on the road.
    These are so much better in loose stuff, love 'em!

pixlr_20190907180228560.jpg
    TarMack, fiascoj, scfrank and 3 others like this.
  20. mickp701

mickp701 n00b

Oddometer: