KTM 790 Adv tire and wheel thread.

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Jul 14, 2019.

1. RWJorg

RWJorg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    what mirrors do you have? I hate the stock ones
  2. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The tires were installed and balanced by my mechanic. No idea where he sources his weights from.
  3. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For guys debating these tyres like I was
    Motoz rallz/adventure / Bridgestone ax41
    Oceandiving954, Migolito and mlyamkaw like this.
  4. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    That's what I said... to my dealer ;)
    He switched mine with 1090R or 1290R mirrors, don't know exactly.
  5. mickp701

mickp701 n00b

Oddometer:
  6. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    I will, did not ride on wet street yet, but fall is getting closer ;)

OT: Those Acerbis X-Factory are WAY sturdier than stock, the bars are with steel core, already survived some good hits/naps.
  7. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    4375 miles on my Motoz Rallzs as of this moment that I put on when I left for my trip. I had planned to swap them out in Idaho Falls ID however they are holding up great. Think I'll push on to Moab and get some fresh rubber while there before heading into CO. This is the third set I've run. Killed the first two sets earlier than this by not keeping tire pressure up for pavement runs. I've been religious about running high pressure while on pavement on this trip (plus I'm in travel mode, not hooligan mode) and it has paid off.

Attached Files:

8. Gaulin

Gaulin Orange (& Blue) Crush

Oddometer:
    Nice !
    Are you using soft luggage or hard bags with racks ? Just wondering total weight.
  9. windblown101

Oddometer:
  10. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wrong bike for that :rayof
  11. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    if anyone has run the RallZ and the Tractionator Desert HT, I'd be curious to hear feedback. My only interest/concern would be off road performance.

I just tried the Desert HT and it's got good performance, but after about 800 miles it's shot. Or at least shot for me with the off road performance. I'm sure if I were running pavement I'd be happy with another couple of hundred miles. That's around what usually get from a rear and it works decent enough off road. Might run a Metzeler MC360 Mid Hard next but Im sure I"ll get even less mileage out of it but hopefully work better off road.
  12. windblown101

Oddometer:
    Probably about 50 to 60 lbs of gear including bags.

Here's a shot of the set up out on the sand/mud flats on Palisades Lake. In Idaho. Couldn't resist after my parent stint earlier today.
    Hard to stay in Hooligan mode all day, day after day on an 8k mile trip. At least it is for me. :D

Bike is seeing plenty of dirt, gravel, mud,, rocks, and pavement. Just not at 10 tenths. :muutt
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  13. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    Karoo 3 Update:
    Ive got just about 3000 miles on the stock tires.
    Road: i like em. Smooth, quiet and steady. No probs in the rain and 30 to 100 deg f temps. Cornering is sure and predictable. Smooth up to 90 mph.
    Dirt: hardpack, gravel no issues. Rides predictable and sure footed up to 50 mph.
    Sand: Not good. Front wanders and is not predictable. Even lite sand causes issues. I've learned i cant trust them as the sand gets deeper than 3 inches. Rear on the otherhand is just fine in the sand. Its bogs down and is overwhelmed easy, but, does bite enough in lite sand to make it usable in lite sandy conditions...think 1 to 2 inches.

Ill be replacing both in about 1500 miles in preparation for a longer ride...cross country. This ride will encompass dirt road and lite to moderate sand and a bunch of slab. So, replacements will be either Motoz gps or Adv.
  14. sledneck

sledneck Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    21E6E516-45EC-4292-BAC2-05926116193E.jpeg Had my rallz mounted at the dealer yesterday. Great off-road, but definitely feel incorrectly balanced/or out of round on the pavement. Only 2 grams weight on each rim. Anybody else experience this? Thanks in advance.
    Fabricator likes this.
  15. sledneck

sledneck Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rudderfeet and Fabricator like this.
  16. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have had the TC on 3 for the last 400 miles. Really saves the eear tire....
    Rudderfeet and TrailTrauma like this.
  17. Rudderfeet

Rudderfeet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't ridden sand yet but I feel the same way about the Karoo 3s on the road, dirt and gravel and even in the light rain I've been in. I don't know why people say they hate them so much. That said, I'm going to shoe on Motoz Adv or E07+ when these are ready, just to experiment.
    Venturer likes this.
  18. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    anything dry (except sand) they are ok, mud they just suck,rear brakes away right away. on wet slab they are not very confidence inspiring
  19. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    You need to work just a liiittle bit harder to fit in with the cool kids around here .. :photog
  20. Some_Dude

Some_Dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reading Karoo 3 reviews they seem to be polarizing. Some people love them, some people don’t. My main complaint is mud... the paddle tread pattern has no lateral stability and they wash out super easy.

What I find interesting is that in every pre-release promo shot and pics of the prototype bikes they were fitted with what look like TKC 80s. Makes me think the bike wasn’t designed with the Karoo in mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]