KTM 790 Adv tire and wheel thread.

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Migolito, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    According to the Motoz rep I spoke with at the KTM Rally the 140 is a tube type vs the 150 which is tubeless. obviously it’s not an issue if you are running an aftermarket rim.
  2. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike!
    @Allucaneat Hmmm
  3. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Motoz Tractionator Rallz is only one size, 150, and only TL type. https://motoz.com.au/product/tractionator-rallz/

The Motoz Tractionator Adventure exists in both TT and TL type, for various sizes. There is a 140 TL and a 140 TT, but the 150 is only TL… I'm not sure what tyre your rep was talking about, but there is more to it than just "140 is TT and 150 is TL".

The Tractionator range is fairly extensive: there is the Rallz (TL), the Adventure (TL and TT), the GPS (TL), the Desert (TL or TT depending on size, 150 is TL), and two Enduro (All TT, largest size is 140). On the 790 standard rims, in 150/70-18 TL, you can pick Rallz (70 Q), Adventure (70 Q), GPS (70 T), or Desert (70 Q) depending on your usage.
    CaseyB likes this.
  4. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    I just ordered a Rallz tire in a 140/80-18 size. Rocky Mt ATV/MC lists 10 different sizes, in 17, 18, 19 and 21 inches.
    kubcat and Dusty like this.
  5. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The rallz is quite awesome. But it only exists in 150/70-18. "150/70 B 18 TL 70 Q"

IMG_6104 (2).jpg
  6. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, the Motoz site only lists two sizes for the rallz. 90/90-21 for the front, 150/70-18 for the rear. I'm surprised to see other sizes on the site you point out. Maybe those are new and the manufacturer hasn't updated his web site yet? Weird.
  7. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is in fact very strange. I just checked their website and you're right, even though many different sizes exist (but tube type only).

I do have the tubeless Rallz on my 790 ADV R (just got a new set since the first one is done, about 3500km), but I also have a pair on my 690 Enduro R (90/90-21 and 140/80-18, Tube Type). Btw, there are also 130 and even 120 Rallz (tube type too).
  8. Brilloman

Brilloman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought we were talking about the RallZ in a 140 size at the time
  9. Bturner26x

Bturner26x n00b

Oddometer:
    I just installed the MotoZ Rallz from Adventure Designs out of California. It was about $350 to my door. They were the only place I found that still had them in stock for the 790. I haven’t had a chance to ride them yet due to an elbow injury, but they sure look good mounted up! I stayed w/ the OEM sizes for now, but on the next set I plan to get rims that are a little more narrow so that I can do the same w/ the tires.
    Front - 90/90-21 TL
    Rear - 150/70 - 18 TL

Attached Files:

macaw1us, alonad, TrailTrauma and 2 others like this.
  10. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're gonna love them. I know I do.
    Bturner26x likes this.
  11. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Not to pirate the tires thread, but you're one of the only guys I've seen running the pegs I'd like. Those look like Impact Adv footpeg, yes? Can you offer any brief feedback, either here, or more appropriately in the Modifications thread?

Thanks!
    Bturner26x and Migolito like this.
  12. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    If those are the Fasst Co Impact pegs, I had them on my 501. I thought they did a good job on vibes when sitting. When standing, it seemed to me that the extra weight firmed up the inserts and made it do a lesser job of reducing vibes.
    justinope likes this.
  13. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Interesting point. Too bad they don't have alternate inserts of different densities. Good to know; thanks. Heck, I wonder if good gel boot inserts would take off the edge.
  14. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    FWIW, I took them off to go with lowered pegs, not because they weren’t doing some good. They were the moto size, not the bigger rally/adv size. Might work even better in the larger size.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  15. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know it’s been stated but I can’t recall. What is the lowest I should be going w pressure on the rallz w stock rims?

Sand and rock mixed with some sand and rock
    [​IMG]
  16. Some_Dude

Some_Dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    26 psi is the factory setting.

I’ve gone as low as 20 and I didn’t notice improved traction, but I did notice my tires rolling over more when cornering. I pretty much stick to 26 now.
    Rudderfeet and CaseyB like this.
  17. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did some real gross, leafy, bouldery, muddy stuff yesterday at 18psi (still on the k3’s) and felt the rim a couple times. Not enough to get any dings, but it squished enough to touch.
    What’s the carcass like on the rallz?
  18. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:

My local guy, not a dealer, charges me $20 per tire. I bring wheels in.

The 2 techs are highly qualified.
  19. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Yup, as another inmate pointed out, it was my riding up versus my usual routine of doing them myself or bringing them the wheels alone. I was geared up to do a decent length ride that day, and so I waited as they worked. Still think it was too much, but I've gotten such great deals at my dealership over the years I figured I give them a pass. Next time I'll pull them off the bike, and drop them off for the same dealio you referenced above.
  20. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I sometimes pay $440 US at dealer for a set. I get it. It still hurts.
    TrailTrauma likes this.