KTM 790 Adventure - replacement windshield

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by StratfordJohn, Oct 8, 2019.

1. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't sweat on these @kubcat . For the preorder guys things will be sorted out. The top area for sure will be included in all kits. I am trying to see if we can include the bar mount as well!
  2. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:

No issues with blinkers inside the screen :-)
    This is the same arrangement on my 990, that Ill want on the 790.
    Satnav, tablet etc on top, speedo below but not on the bars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. kubcat

kubcat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a combo LED running light/ turn signal I was hoping to use, but I think now that the constant reflection of the running light will be a problem. Of course, they are $15 ebay lights, and with the lighting options included in the kit, I should be OK. Anyone want to trade a pair of combo LED DRL/turnsignals for a straight LED signals?
  4. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    It's not everyday that I quote myself, but have a look where the instrument panel is on this 790 on the prototype phase.The lighter charging port and the USB were in the middle (can be seen in the photos as well)
    The reason that we chose the top mounting point was that when the bars are at the front position (out of three) and the clamps are rotated to face forward as well, the brake cylinder interfered with the instrument panel. Should you want to install RoxRisers, or have a setup that will not interfere, I think it may be a good option to discuss to have two options may be on the product page? Low/High?

Thoughts? :scratch
    Lill-Erik likes this.
  5. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually Supporter

Oddometer:
    @640 Armageddon
    Tft at bottom of mounting plate would probably be my preference as well.

I like the gps to be as high as possible for glancing down.

I think on the bars should be the extra. Options for upper or lower part of the plate would be included or specified during ordering. You asked for thoughts is why I’m saying any of this. Been too busy drooling over the ‘sex tower’ to even think about anything else.

currently have bars in middle mounting position w brp submount.

nice job on your webpage btw.
    Miller173 and 640 Armageddon like this.
  6. kubcat

Oddometer:
    If the dash has interference under those circumstances, does that mean that a nav tablet/elec roadbook like the Carpe Iter would also have interference? One of the important factors in buying this is the ability to use both the dash and a nav tablet with clear visibility of both whether sitting or standing. Does that make sense, and will the "base" kit allow me to mount them this way?
  7. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    Size (LxWxH) is possible please so that I can physically check.
    You can use all possible things on the base model that you will have. The only compromise is the forward position with the clamps facing forward in the bars.
    That, or if need be we can fully customize the back plate to mount what is needed.
    I am working on the CAD again... ok, it's official, Sofia will kill me tomorrow :lol2
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  8. kubcat

Oddometer:
    the CI Pad dimensions are listed on their web page as 202x138x22, but you will also need to account for the holder, which doesn't specify dimensions. It looks like an extra 2-3mm on each side, except in 2 corners, which probably adds closer to 5-7mm in each of those corners. I would say that is roughly 210-212 x 148-150 x 22 plus the bottom mounting stuff. Here's a link to pics of the pad with the holder... https://carpe-iter.com/carpe-iter-pad/
  9. Copracer288

Copracer288 How hard can it be?

Oddometer:
    I got mine here: https://emlineamoto.com/en/

The good news is that it was only $187 shipped. The msrp for the US when it gets here is $250.

The bad news is that it came from Italy. I ordered it March 1st and it took 2 weeks to get here. Good luck getting one now!

I ordered a set of Raximo levers from Germany on March 6th and still don’t have them yet. Last tracking update was 3/11 in Belgium.
  10. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered from China 10 days ago and it arrived yesterday!
  11. truckergemi

truckergemi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where did you order from? What site?
  12. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not a screen, something else, just making the point that there doesnt seem to be delays from China atm.
  13. lalispeed

lalispeed Right handle addict...

Oddometer:
    I'm, witch. Version do you have the sport or the touring?
  14. lowerlattitudes

lowerlattitudes LowerLattitudes

Oddometer:
    :confused
  15. Copracer288

Oddometer:
  16. lalispeed

lalispeed Right handle addict...

Oddometer:
  17. Windholic_me

Windholic_me n00b

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately no chance to give it a try for at least another three weeks due to our Coronavirus lockdown but here some more pics for people who are undecided on the Givi Airflow. Given that I can't go anywhere these days thought I'd give it a try and have to say the looks aren't as bad as I thought. And I like the fact that for off road I can easily remove the top part.

IMG_20200405_012150.jpg IMG_20200405_012232.jpg IMG_20200405_012305.jpg IMG_20200405_012359.jpg IMG_20200405_012433.jpg IMG_20200405_012455.jpg IMG_20200405_012641.jpg IMG_20200405_012526.jpg IMG_20200405_012545.jpg
    No-Fret and DirtyDaveMO like this.
  18. Miller173

Miller173 n00b

Oddometer:
    I also have pre ordered the 790 kit and I would definitely like the TFT mounted lower so I can mount my gps high. Should I get ahold of Sofia to make sure I add a bracket to the order? I Just assumed I could mount in any configuration with the kit.
    640 Armageddon and No-Fret like this.
  19. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    Yeap, do send an email if possible. We were in talk with the CI Pad guys to ensure that the pad can be installed in both positions
    goldneox, 1coolbanana and TrailTrauma like this.
  20. Copracer288

Oddometer:
    I did a little testing of the Givi Airflow with the outer screen removed.

I find it better than the stock R screen. With the stock R screen the wind would hit me in the upper chest, neck, head and shoulders. With using just the base of the Airflow the wind just hits me in the head. The wind noise is just as bad but the buffeting is slightly less than the stock screen.

Of course, with the outer screen installed, life behind the bars is smooth and quiet!
    DirtyDaveMO likes this.