KTM 790 Adventure S R and Rally Articulating GPS Mount by MotoPumps

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Motopumps, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Motopumps

Motopumps Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The MotoPumps KTM 790 Adventure S, R & Rally GPS Mount is here!

Designed and made here in Upstate NY is our articulating GPS mount that allows great screen visibility both sitting and standing. The above the instruments placement allows you to maintain your line-of-sight and navigate at the same time.

Solid with smooth articulation, no shaking, minimalist design, durable materials and easy installation, this GPS mount is the product of many months of design, production and real world, off pavement testing. Built for riders by riders. Get yours today and be ready to navigate your next BDR, rally or trip.

The mount utilizes your stock GPS mount cover and the kit includes all the hardware you need for installation. A2 stainless hardware, Allen Key, drill bit and instruction sheet.

[​IMG]
    GPS Mount Assembly

[​IMG]
    Shown attached to your stock GPS Mount Cover. Two holes are drilled with included drill bit and supplied template. Easy, solid mount.

[​IMG]
    View from windshield side.

[​IMG]
    Side view. Adjust articulation tension with non-throttle hand.

[​IMG]
    Shown with a (not included) Garmin GPS cradle mounted to AMPS pattern plate with included stainless hardware.

[​IMG]
    Side View

[​IMG]
    Garmin Zumo 660 and cradle mounted on 790 Adventure. This is the view from the front with the windshield removed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    View from side, adjustment handle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    View from riders seat with GPS articulated for sitting and standing. Easy to adjust tension, then just tilt GPS as needed. Tension is perfect to stay in place even off-road.

Get yours today! Free USA shipping. International shipping at my cost, no markup. PM me for exact rate and invoice.

MSRP $79.99 with all hardware.
    $69.99 for ADV Rider Community

[​IMG]
    Bike Guy, Migolito, StanBo and 7 others like this.
  2. gsuks

gsuks Long timer

Oddometer:
    very nice looking piece of kit!!
    SoilSampleDave and Motopumps like this.
  3. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Happy with the way it has come together. Really enjoying my 790. Can't wait for the NEBDR release. Anticipating that trip is getting me through the cold winter so far...

Rob
  4. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    That looks awesome! I may have to get off my lazy butt and put a GPS on my 790R now.
    Motopumps likes this.
  5. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Nice!

Because of the stress from cantilevering, can you 3D print another part which drops down lower below that metal insert which allows a bolt to be insert directly through the OEM GPS mount? That would improve structural integrity I'd think so a heavier GPS/Nav unit wouldn't snap it and your mount off the OEM's plastic portion. What are your thoughts on that sort of thing?

My plans are to mount a 10" Samsung Active Pro tablet. Right now I mount it off the bars with a short RAM arm and C sized balls. ;)

But in a perfect world I would relocate the TFT to the bars, and use something like your articulating mount to house the Pro tablet for a more forward, and vertical display.
    Motopumps likes this.
  6. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Let me play with that a bit. Based on the ~1000 miles I did with the prototype this fall and early winter, I don't think there is much stress there with my setup, but of course a larger or heavier GPS would place more stress on the mount base. The 360 degree mating surface of the joint between the stock GPS cover and the pylon it sits in really seem to distribute the load well. It is a pretty tight and solid fit, but there is always room for improvement.

That said, I like your idea. I am now thinking about an enlarged base plate with a set of ears that would extend along the two mounting tabs and replace the threaded clips. That would add rigidity and allow us to cinch the mount down a few thousandths at the same time.

I will see if I can get a prototype this week.
    Thanks!
    Rob
    Turts, StanBo and TrailTrauma like this.
  7. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Beautiful. The ears approach, I believe, I've seen guys doing with their own home brew designs. Anything to integrate the pylon mounting down into the OEM setup. The 10" tablet is 1.44 lbs so it may be beefy in comparison to a regular GPS. Add 1.3 lbs for this mount: https://www.gamberjohnson.com/products/samsung-galaxy-tab-active-pro-docking-station-bare-wire-lead

Pro Tablet: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_active_pro-9850.php

Thanks for considering this!
  8. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    NP. I think it is a great enhancement for heavy off road use.

I love this community. Huge amounts of experience and use cases allow quick product improvements.
    Rob
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  9. Turts

Turts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Keep us informed of your version 2.0.
    I know I will want one.
    How can I get one shipped to Canada?
  10. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    We ship to Canada daily. No worries there. Can do it via First Class International or USPS Priority Mail International depending on the speed you want. I can get you exact postage cost when you are ready. The packages via USPS seem to avoid import duty vs Fedex or UPS.

[​IMG]

Batch of the stiffeners nearly done.

One has gone out to California for evaluation. My testing on my 790 was excellent.

Rob
  11. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Ok folks, all the GPS mounts are now shipping with the new bracket...
    SoilSampleDave and Turts like this.
  12. Turts

Turts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That’s a great solution!
    So still uses OEM cover.
    Has the price changed?
  13. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Yes, still uses the OEM cover. Tight fit, zero flex or shake.

The price should change, and probably will on my website, but I am not going to change it here. Use the purchase button in the first post of the thread.

Rob
    SoilSampleDave and Turts like this.
  14. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    Thanks to @TrailTrauma and others for the suggestions -- we have made an update to the MotoPumps Articulating GPS Mount for the KTM 790 Adventure series.

New brace that utilizes the stock GPS cover, but replaces the screw clips with a billet 6061 machined piece that stabilizes and snugs down the entire unit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The mounting holes are offset a few thou to pull the whole unit down snug on the headlight pylon.

Zero movement when mounted. Very rigid.

Thanks for the feedback. All the kits are shipping this way now.
  15. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    KTM 790 Crap Flap by MotoPumps

Want to fill that hole in the stock skid plate that lets crap in all over your exhaust headers, oil cooler, horn and the top side of the skid plate? Protect your headers from flying rocks? Driven nuts by crap rattling around inside your skidplate?

[​IMG]
    MotoPumps Crap Flap to the rescue.

Made in the USA by riders for riders. These are precision laser cut from 5051 aluminum. They have an attractive hexagonal hole pattern that lets cooling air in and horn sounds out, but also blocks the crap kicked up by your front tire.

Available in two finishes, raw brushed aluminum and anodized black.

Hardware is high grade A2 Stainless Steel with nyloc nuts so no loctite is needed. Simple installation, no extra hassle for service, oil changes, etc. Does not need to be removed for service after installation, stays attached to the skid plate.

Can be installed on the inside or outside of the skidplate based on users preference.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Available in raw brushed aluminum or black anodized finish. $39.99-$49.99

Purchase button on this vendor thread: https://advrider.com/f/threads/crap...r-s-rally-by-motopumps-available-now.1428676/

Free USA shipping, International shipping available... PM for exact cost to your location.

Ride Safe!
    Rob
    SoilSampleDave likes this.
  16. Motopumps

Oddometer:
    From a GPS Mount user in Cali testing the new brace:

Hey Rob,
    Installed the new block, had to push down to get the screws to line up once everything was together and remounting to the bike, but it was perfect because it drew the whole GPS mount down into the bike receiver. The fix is perfect. On the highway it does not vibrate at all, and after doing some serious off-road with long bumpy road with potholes it had very minimal vibrating, totally acceptable. Did some big whoops and got some air on some jumps and some small wheelies, and the whole mount worked great. Nice work Rob, you nailed it.
    Thanks again for the followup and extra mile to make sure your product was up the task. Greatly appreciated, and I look forward to seeing more products from you.

Cheers,
    Don
  17. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your super fast delivery!

Some may call it a GPS-Mount, dang I'd call it a piece of art!
    Motopumps likes this.