KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. alonad

alonad Long timer

Oddometer:
    im fitting a denali regardless .. I live in manhattan and the horn saved my life more then once
  2. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
  3. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, it's almost comical how neurotic the 2T is as it follows the mellow, zero drama 790. Maybe it's running lean or it's float is too low but it keeps spooling way up. It's like watching Sid chasing Manfred around in Ice Age.
    outbacktm, roookie1 and maxcielle like this.
  4. jhalfhide

jhalfhide Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I fit mine after a car merged into my lane with me in it. Playing back the footage I couldn't hear my own horn
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  5. alonad

alonad Long timer

Oddometer:
    AUX light and a loud horn its safety
  6. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I installed a Stebel Nautilus horn on my 500. Someone turned me onto the fact that Canadian Tire had horns that were rebadged Italian horns. I was able to pull various models out of the packaging to check under the black cap on the body looking for the made in Italy stamp. The ones that had that I purchased. 2 in total. I'll install one on the 790 for sure. They're a tad heavy, naturally, but for the safety in a bike that may see many hwy miles it's well worth it. Plus it'll scare the piss out of my riding buddy on the trail some day haha. ;)

Actually when I think of it, it may be a good way to signal another rider if you get separated on different trails. Wait, then let off regular blasts until they get back.

At around 11:25 he starts comparing stock horn to Nautilus. Huge difference.

7. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Supporter

Oddometer:
    My '17 1090R was the same; I've done all the service on the bike and no such "reset" was required. I did, much later than 600mi, drop the bike off at the dealer's to perform a recall repair and they, as a matter of routine, did plug the bike in and found no errors. I doubt if it's necessary to have a dealer perform first service on the 790 unless that's the owners wish, which is also perfectly fine.

The 790 may (probably does) have a different programing (keystroke) code to reset the service interval, but I suspect that this info will be available online shortly.
  8. Magestyk

Magestyk Da'Salty^Soldier

Oddometer:
    I'll just leave this here...
  9. darin987

darin987 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I changed my filter and oil at 250 miles and threw my dealer a bone and let them do the same at the 600 mile mark. They supposedly checked the vale clearance also. Along with activating the my ride app. I believe the 600 mile dealer service is part of keeping the warranty in tact. Not 100% sure because I also am old and crusty lol ! :-)
  10. darin987

darin987 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I rode up and down my road till I got exactly 600 miles on the odometer. So it sounds like it does automatically stop flashing. My bad!
    JimmyMojave likes this.
  11. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    All of that crap has already been talked about in this thread. There’s nothing new here.
  12. Nelso

Nelso All the gear-no idea

Oddometer:
    Good to see you're taking your "commuter bike" out into the scrub :lol3
  13. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!!

Oddometer:
    damn I got stole the news than !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

as you should already know from my continuosly "bragging" about it, I am part of the Kapriony Team DEV, and I must say it makes me really proud..... well... so what you may say??

so this

IMG_20190328_123807.jpg

starint go take her apart to transform her from an enduro bike to a real RALLY BEAST

let's start from the video above and let's talk about the gunk, shall we :)) ??

IMG_20190328_123821.jpg IMG_20190328_115351.jpg

yes, it's there and playing havoc with the fuel level sensor and the fuel pump/filters

Attached Files:

14. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!!

Oddometer:
    IMG_20190328_115435.jpg

IMG_20190328_115402.jpg

you may tell me so what, again......

well, anybody had a look at the fuel pump yet???

Obviously me, being the ultimate filter master, I DID, and it's a hell of a cheat :) it was meant to be hard to service, plus to open it you have to BREAK IT !!!!!!!!!

But to this I will come back later with videos and detailed instruction how maybe to avoid it :)

wanna know more about the bike??

brace for impact than
  15. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!!

Oddometer:
    now, another weak point of the KTM lately has been the air filter

now, gues...... what kind of mounting did they select again??

ah, so you all know it already??

yep, is the double sledge system from the late 1290/1090......... did they fix it than?

is the filter better??

welll........... NO

IMG_20190328_115702.jpg IMG_20190328_115713.jpg IMG_20190328_115721.jpg

100 km, mostly in a motocross "pit" done at full gas from the Kapriony Pilot Paolo, and trust me, he's a hell of a rider, and the paper filter LET things in............

you can see the "clean" part of the airbox dusty, they removed the groove where the lip of the filter on the 1290 sits, they went back to the plain design that caused so so many issues with the early 1190 (also the upper lid, yes sir, but bottom part was messy too)

good news? nothing you cannot fix with some grease on the sealing.............. for the edges, but in the middle you can see the "strout" where the filter sits, that dust comes through the filter guys, not around it......

solution? yes I have it obviously :) but that is spam and I do not wish to be kicked out :)

as for the other details, next message than :)
    Jeremy K, maxcielle, enduro16 and 8 others like this.
  16. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!!

Oddometer:
    no the body parts

I know I posted the pictures above, but I NEED YOU TO HAVE A LOOK closely to all pictures together

the original bash plate is more a teatray than anything that would save your bike

the front mounting is a thin tube on rubber mounts............. the bottom has antivibration mini M6 dumpers threaded directly in the bloody crankcase bottom........... we have seen this kind of crap in the GS1200, and I have seen many engines cracked open aby a simply rock contact..........

solution???

C frame, strarting from the front frame, going around the WHOLE ENGINE, and than again at the back............ a simple cradle old style from the Thumper era guys ..........

any other solution will see you going to the shop for a new engine belly............ sure, it's again a BEEEMER design, bolt on tray, will be cheap for sure, don't you think??

IMG_20190328_123807.jpg IMG_20190328_123821.jpg IMG_20190328_123835.jpg

believe me, the bush plate is thin like skinn, super cool, super sexy, I'd love to have it on my table...... not under ME bloody bike in case I shall hit the ground..............

I've got many many more inside info.............. but I'm not free to share :)

sorry............

ohi...... the fuel filter??????

immagine, they made sure I cannot install one, plus the shape of the tank is sooooo odd that it will require a multy parts filter................ so what.... I'll do it anyway
    maxcielle, KiwiPewe, Cybsal and 6 others like this.
  17. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!!

Oddometer:
    ok ok..... you want to know about the fuel tank/filter too.................

IMG_20190328_115351.jpg IMG-20190328-WA0006.jpeg IMG-20190328-WA0008.jpeg

same old design of the ZADI for the KTM 990/950, unfortunately having added the overflow/water drain and breather on the flange cannot accept a premounted filter, nor anything that may sit in or around it..... but fear not

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    maxcielle, Cybsal, Equalo and 2 others like this.
  18. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    maxcielle, ThirtyOne, Equalo and 2 others like this.
  19. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
  20. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!!

Oddometer:
    got plenty more too

some commercial, some inside, some from a pilot :)

mostly I'm bound to secrecy...... but than what the HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!