1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
  2. IRLSAS

IRLSAS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ramjet,
    A friend of mine has the 701 in the picture and the front disks look the same size.

Attached Files:

ramjet likes this.
  3. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes sorry
  4. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    The vast majority of dealers are full of shit, know nothing, and will make shit up to make a sale. There are exceptions to the rule but it's rare.
    Anders-, TrailTrauma and Cigar like this.
  5. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i keep asking my dealer for a hard eta he says they never get one from ktm. just that it will arrive this month
    he is getting 3 initially end of march beginning of apr was what he was told then all three in may now only one is coming in may the other 2 in june.
    the sales rep that handling my purchase is not full of shit (he had a 1090 and totaled it by drowning it in a water crossing that ended up being too deep ) as he was 3rd in line for the bike but will probably go back to a 1090 because of the delay in delivery.
    but whi knows
    alvincullumyork likes this.
  6. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You think that is bad....mine just told me November for the new 300xc...... arrrrggghhhhhh
    alvincullumyork likes this.
  7. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    its insane it's taking so long.
  8. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    They don’t know until they get invoiced for the bikes, and then they’re usually a week or two shipping from the west coat.
    I just keep hearing “I hope they don’t fuck this up and drag it out like they did with the 390duke launch”.
    KTM is also short reps, or so I’ve been told, so dealers really have nobody to ask regionally, or whatever. The shop where I ordered mine made it sound like he had to call US ktm hq to get any answers whatsoever about any orange inventory.
  9. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    As far as I know, no dealer from any brand would be able to give you an ETA for a bike... they know it is coming when they get an invoice associated with a vin number... but from that charge to arriving at the dealer there are many steps out of their control, where many things can go wrong. Believe me, once they get an invoice they want to sell it as fast as possible... :D I just got a call from another dealer on another motorcycle I've been waiting, they got the invoice, and they gave me an approximate 3-week time. I'm not counting on the exact three weeks to take place.
  10. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I would settle for 'the boat has hit customs'. That would instil a less nebulous certainty that it was coming...
    Philthy1 and windblown101 like this.
  11. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Team Kapriony. Coming along. I think I'd have to limo tint that screen though; never cared for clear.

[​IMG]
    cabnoir and Bhart89 like this.
  12. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    You’d kick yourself in the butt smoking the screen when out in the technical stuff. That’s the main reason I took my Rally Raid off my 950. Too many “ HOLY SH!^” type moments hitting something I didn’t see. The clear works from the cockpit perspective, albeit not as appeasing to the eye off the bike.
  13. MaineDrummer

MaineDrummer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 on leaving a clear screen.

And its finally time we saw a 790 that was even remotely worthy of being labeled "Adventure."

The bike in stock form has all the serious off-road personality of a Vespa...
    Philthy1 likes this.
  14. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    did you ride one ?
    KiwiPewe likes this.
  15. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1

I figure I'll know I am close to getting one once the first regular John Q public posts that they got one here in the US. Usually once they start to roll out they are distributed throughout the country in short order.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  16. JohnnyWaffles

JohnnyWaffles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How's that? I rode the R this past Saturday. The 790 is fuckin sublime and I have a torrid love affair with my modded 990 (Konflict, Rottweiler, etc blahblah).
    TrailTrauma, Lion BR and braaap! like this.
  17. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    If u go for a rally in the dunes, ok go for that massive forehead to mount your RB. But as oldfuddy described:
    Anything else, I'd take a slim EXC front over anything bigger cuz I fu**in wanna see what my front rubber will have to deal with.
    "For me" this medium sized solution on the R to have decent cockpit and headlights is just perfect!
    Have everything a modern bike shall have, but stand up and see your front rubber :thumbup

Regarding dealer information, for Europe they have pretty good information, can't be so much worse over there for yours.
    I've name "interests" sometime early January, no deposit.
    Placed my "order" January 31st (could cancel anytime).
    On this day my dealer had a look in the KTM online system to see mine has factory date February 25th.
    My dealer confirmed factory date on February 27th (checked in KTM online system).
    She arrived at my dealer March 6th, papers took a few more days.
  18. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Huh!?

I'm trying to read that comment, passed off as 'tongue in cheek'... and not head up ass.

:hide
    Unhingedlizard likes this.
  19. Anders-

Anders- 690R

Oddometer:

Depends on where one comes from, I guess. Some folks consider the 790 adventure an offroad godess, while others regard it as ”meh”.
  20. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I simply don’t care for ‘opinions’ unless firsthand... Opinions are like assholes, everyone got one... but few are likely worth lickin’.

When folks have ridden the 790R, I’m all ears, good, bad and indifferent. There’s just too much negativity around these days, sick and tired of kbd experts with no first hand experience, jerking off!
    YRMV.
    alonad, Thumper Dumper and a.c.e. like this.