KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Unhingedlizard

Unhingedlizard Long timer

Oddometer:
    First 790r demo in Wellington nz. If its not hideous weather this weekend imma test it

Attached Files:

roookie1, Philthy1 and Manakau.KTM like this.
  2. Manakau.KTM

Manakau.KTM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try it on Odlin's Rd, north from the top of the Akatarawas and post a ride report (after you've cleaned it). Interested to read your opinion in relation to the 990.
  3. Pulpo

Pulpo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My case has been the opposite. I have mailed them several times but did not get an answer. We were several pretending to get the muffler in Spain but most went for Akra. I am waiting for Arrows, and LeoVince.
    Rodooo likes this.
  4. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    can I ask are your panniers (ktm) branded touratech ones or just touratech… as ive got zega pro ones and top box, doesn't fit ktm branded touratech top plate,,Cant actually buy any of this stuff direct from touratech yet
    also the ktm ones are 31/45 litres
    mine are 31/38 and wondering if they would sit even on bike.....
  5. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ive also tried to contact...said get back to me a few times ..still no reply over a month at least
  6. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Removing the orange on the seat is left as an exercise for the reader.

Flat grey
    Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 09.46.39.png

Matte black
    Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 09.47.54.png
    odontek, TrailTrauma and Philthy1 like this.
  7. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Like this?
    Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 09.44.58.png
    Migolito likes this.
  8. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm using Sketch on a mac. Not the best tool for this, but the one I have.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  9. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    Can't confirm, every time i've sent an email (4-5 now) the answer was in next day latest.
    Yesterday asked for an update, answer is:
    Homologation process is done, all limits confirmed, waiting for paperwork from german Verkehrs-Ministerium, this can (read: will) take time.
  10. DucSyd

DucSyd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    7AA950B8-2982-44FD-89C7-10B65FF59E29.jpeg D4910D97-9CBB-46E9-987E-21B8E175A70B.jpeg 39BC9B85-2210-414E-A6FB-BEFB0E5FB30A.jpeg 36E30B82-7D99-4921-90C6-7D35EC2F8846.jpeg

Australia’s official KTM launch this week to dealers and the media in Queensland. Delivery to customers start next Monday. Reports are the rides are going great and that KTM nailed this one.
  11. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mass.
  12. Nelso

Nelso All the gear-no idea

Oddometer:
  13. Nelso

Oddometer:
    There's a post a page or two back with a video showing quite a bit of two-up
    Equalo likes this.
  14. Teamrat

Teamrat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Saw one in the flesh last week, rode it on Saturday and I only ever test ride anything I would be seriously interested in buying.
    Coming off a 990 Adventure R, this was another level. Never interested in the 1XX0 models, they just looked wrong and had too much horsepower etc etc.
    Whats sold me on the 790 is size and handling. in short its so much better than a 990 in the way it carries the weight and its geometry and front end feel is instantly more confidence inspiring in the gravel. Unlike the 990 there is no need to get your weight over the bars to really plant the front (especially two up as I had a pillion on the test ride) Initially in rally mode with throttle setting on road it was not nice in a twisty gravel road two up to get nice smooth drive out of corners, stopped switched to Off road setting for throttle and it was smooth as butter existing the turns. Plenty of power for two up and I am sure its going to be fine when I get one and get out on my own!
    Never noticed any of the other electronics in the brief ride apart from the throttle lag from fly by wire, but you soon will compensate for that. Quickshift is brilliant, servicing looks to be way simpler than the 990.
    The pillion was happy and we both agreed it needs the ergo seat option for two up. Time to upgrade.
    cjracer, Hoologan, Philthy1 and 5 others like this.
  15. Nelso

Oddometer:
    Can any Euros confirm that the Givi SRA7703 Top Case Rack kit from the 1x90 models fits straight onto the 790?
  16. niksami

niksami Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So for anyone thinking about pannier options for 790/R, maybe I’ll help with my post...

I’ve installed a week ago Bumot Xtremada soft panniers + Defender Evo hard top case, and I can not recommend more this company.
    First I went to their office in Sofia (Bulgaria) and they installed them for free, but more than that guy that owns the company is a great adv rider (has also a brand new 790R) And was a great pleasure to chat with him while mounting cases. Everything is done with great precision and feel very very solid and quality done. Following few pics.
    I’m very impressed and happy with total job, and total price was 1024 euro. They also added a mud guard for bash plate that is still under construction and I have info that soon they will make also their bash plate.

I did also about 1500km in 4 days and bike feels and rides great. A great thing is also consumption, it was about 4L/100km, and I was doing 80% normal roads and 20% highway. I did also use KTM my ride navigation and works very well too.
    Only issue so far is little condensation in screen but should be soon replaced in warranty.

Attached Files:

17. IanC

IanC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not 100% sure, but 99.9% as the hole centres in the KTM plates and the grab babies are the same. Swapped the ali plate off my 1290 onto the 790. Oh dear, more weight already :-(
    Nelso likes this.
  18. niksami

niksami Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is also a little statistics (as I said 80% normal and small roads, 20% highway and fast roads) and few more photos because you like photos... In the meantime I also installed higher screen and Tutoro Chain Oiler (it was a bit tricky but works good) - can make those photos too if someone’s interested.

Attached Files:

Fabricator and 06Z like this.
  19. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at the manual it should: the rack pattern is the same as the 1x90 bikes. However some bolts may be too long, apparently the front bolts on the 790 are not as deeply set as the 1x90, you may need to shorten the bolts or source new ones.

You could also get a Perun rack with a givi adaptor E115F. More expensive, but more versatile. And I'm sure it fits!
    Nelso and typeamark like this.
  20. [Art]

[Art] Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can someone with a new R measure the height of the thread on the rear Karoo3 when new? I'm at 3000kms and I would like to see if I'm at 50% or 70% gone already…