1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. CrazyCole

CrazyCole Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here are the instructions. This only works if you’ve already had the cruise control activated and you’re adding the switch later. The instructions are very simple except the last step you turn the throttle back. as if you’re closing the throttle

Sorry for the delay we’ve been out putting miles on both the bikes today. I only have one cruise control switch waiting on the second one.

Attached Files:

2. garageengineer

garageengineer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok so Thursday if we're lucky, or more like a couple of months in my case.
    hgwilliam and Nowwhat like this.
  3. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    question : did anybody order Chinese foot pegs from ebay ?
    i am wondering about their sturdiness they are made from aluminum not sure how they will take impact
  4. VintageThumper

VintageThumper Gotta ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. Tool.Nerd

Tool.Nerd An idiot that owns a bike

Oddometer:
    The wife and I went for a ride today. She was on her NC700X, I was on the 790. Road riding only for today.

We traded bikes about halfway through the ride.

In the years I rode the Street Triple, I absolutely hated the NC700X. Upon swapping bikes this time, wow, these bikes really have a good bit in common about how they carry their weight. The engines feel similar too, with the exception being that the NC700X has a shitton more torque at the extremely low RPM range, but then the power starts to die off toward its 6k-ish redline, while the KTM is just stretching its legs as you start to rev it up to 4-5k. Going back to the KTM after riding the NC700X, I miss the clutch feel of the Honda. The NC700X was a bit more compact, too, despite feeling about the same size in terms of road handling.

Oddly, ultra-low speed handling was a concept for which I had not imagined the KTM would shine (especially since my short ass can barely touch the ground on it), but it was actually far nimble than the Honda. Compared to the bikes I've ridden all my life, the KTM and the NC700X both have really good lock-to-lock span on the bars and that sometimes throws me off when doing U-turns. Provided I was smooth in managing the KTM's throttle and numb clutch, I could pull a MUCH tighter turn on it than with the Honda, despite the Honda having the help of the "almost unstallable" kind of low end torque that helps pull it round a U-turn during lean.

I realize nobody asked for my noob-ish opinion on the bike or these two bikes, and I also realize I'm not telling anyone anything new, but I figured I'd share just in case anyone did find it useful.
    ibgary, The_Eccentric, tr1z and 8 others like this.
  6. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    they are not so cheap $ 114 i didn't look at them for the price ..i saw guy on FB ordered them they looked good but thought to ask if any one had an experience with them.
  7. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lower footpegs from RADE/GARAGE! Lower it with 1,5 cm! I have a video on YouTube about them
  8. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Exactly! I ordered custom -30mm pegs from Bosleys Pegs that go straight down for my 18 FE501. My understanding is that these pegs also will fit the 790, so I’m going to give them a try when I finally get a 790. He even made them in a custom “length” halfway in between regular and rally size.
  9. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    His pegs are great and I have bought two pair over the years, but they lower by swapping sides and also moving the pegs back.
  10. VintageThumper

VintageThumper Gotta ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tips on lowered pegs. I'll check em out. Would you guys also recommend the pegs from Black Dog?
  11. kvango

kvango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Steering Damper / stabilizer -
    The stock fork-mounted damper looks very basic, not adjustable.
    Any info on Scotts mount? Looks like there is a post hole ready to go.

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 5.10.16 PM.png
  12. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Super Supporter

Oddometer:

It's in the works....I heard recently that BRP will have a mount ready in ± 1 month.
    kvango likes this.
  13. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Available in a few days actually.
    I will be selling with/without our Stout Mount too. Discount code in our sig.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190614153606353_COVER.jpg

GOPR5762_Moment.jpg
  14. Yzlvr

Yzlvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is that the voyager pro?
  15. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes.
  16. Yzlvr

Yzlvr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have any sensors hooked up? or just using it stand alone? Thx
  17. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just keep it stock. You're just wasting money.
    Venturer and TrailTrauma like this.
  18. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I've made that mistake. Ordered the bike, stripped it down before even riding (it was winter) and built the shit out of it. In the end, though 'some' mods may have meant anything, it was the new owner who benefited the most.

This time...I'm leaving it very much stock, and riding it a season before reaching for means to advance it's abilities. Time to get to know the machine in it's natural state, and if I'm to be perfectly honest the biggest mod I could ever make to enhance my riding besides better rims/tires would be improving my shape and honing my skill level.
    ibgary, outbacktm, KiwiPewe and 3 others like this.
  19. Nelso

Nelso All the gear-no idea

Oddometer:
    I can't get Bluetooth to work. What steps did you or your dealer take to get it to work? Is it a software fix? I've tried 3 different IOS devices and an Android phone - no go. Bike just sits there "pairing". I've paid for and downloaded the My Ride app, no difference.
    Software version is 1V27
  20. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did it myself, no issues connecting direct to my phone...did it show on your bluetooth on you cell? (I use an iPhone )