1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. twistedthrottle

twistedthrottle Long timer

Oddometer:

Just letting you know that we are checking on arrival dates for all of these new items from SW Motech. I should have that info for you soon, and I'll post up when I know.

PS--there are a number of people here at TT who are super jealous of all of you getting your new 790s!! :rofl

The Twisted Team
    www.TwistedThrottle.com
    ibgary, bobnoxious67, Matt P and 2 others like this.
  2. AJAC

AJAC n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    if you are interested in a pump that fits perfectly in one of the side pockets:
    https://www.audew.com/Audew-Rechargeable-Electric-Pump-p-100232.html
    I bought one and only tried it at home for a short time but seems to work very well.
  3. SW-MOTECH NA

SW-MOTECH NA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We are super happy to hear those have worked out for you! We do have them, bike-specific, for the 790. For use with luggage that is not ours, your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of your luggage.

Our rack is bike-specific to the new 790. If you check out the pic below, you'll see there is not "excessive" room, though you will find enough extra room on the left side to mount a tool tube. When you're not running luggage, this also helps protect your turn signal in the event of a tip-over,and helps balance out the asymmetry of the exhaust side. I am checking on OD measurements for you, and will re-post when I have the deets.

prosidecarrierktm790.jpg

The Red Bull Team of SW Motech NA
  4. kvango

kvango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    790 R Available
    I left a deposit yesterday on a 790R that just came in a day earlier at the local KTM dealer. I was shocked I found one available so had to buy it. However ‘common sense’ is kicking and if anyone wants this - please PM me. 99% sure I should pass on it.

Two issues - I will need to sell my 990 - and looks like the market is very soft. Very soft. Some great bikes out there for cheap. I was estimating a ‘quick sale’ at $7k (2010, 16k miles, Safari tank) but might not be realistic (look at this for $5500. https://advrider.com/f/threads/ktm-990-adventure-r-Sacramento-ca.1386311/ ). The Kreiga bike listed is also a steal (among others) https://advrider.com/f/search/75024378/?q=990&t=post&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=52

It took me 12 months to sell my Super Ten - and I really don’t have room for another bike - and not 100% sold on the 790R vs 690. Buyer’s remorse already setting in.

Another reason for “buy now” - I really want an Austrian bike, looks like that is not an issue for another year:
    The bike is located in the Tampa area - if you are interested PM me. I will keep the deposit another few days.
    (I drive a lot, so if you are out of the area I might be able to trailer to you for cheap or free depending on location).

OR if anyone wants my very nice low miles 990 ADV . . . .:deal
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/2010-ktm-990-adv-16k-miles-safari-tank.1390077/

— Kevin
    Matt P likes this.
  5. Pepepoga

Pepepoga n00b

Oddometer:
    I use this, the results are excellent

Oasser Mini Compresor de Aire Portátil Inflador Eléctrico Portátil Bomba para neumáticos de Mano con led pantalla digital LCD Bateria de Litio 12V 150PSI para el Coche y Otros Inflables P1 https://www.amazon.es/dp/B071R39MWY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IcrcDbXVV6KBM
  6. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How long is it from "your bike shipped today" until arrival at dealers?
  7. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    You mean to tell us that nobody on your staff went over to razees and put some $ down on one for themselves?!
    Color me shocked.
    bobnoxious67 likes this.
  8. Tool.Nerd

Tool.Nerd An idiot that owns a bike

Oddometer:
    I noticed Twisted Throttle only sold sets of symmetric luggage with the SW Motech racks.... No bundle/kit options for a smaller one on the exhaust side?
    twistedthrottle likes this.
  9. VintageThumper

VintageThumper Gotta ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    There's an old paved country road near here that has lots of elevation changes, twisty turns, pot holes, pavement sags and sand on some of the turns. I've been riding it for years, so know it well. It's a great test run for suspension, with a few bumps that can really nail your spine if your bike's suspension isn't up to the task. I took the 790 R over this road yesterday, and have to say it was the smoothest, quickest and most effortless pass I've ever made on this run. The orange beast just gobbled it up.
  10. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    I agree, the market is very soft... even for new bikes and hot items at that... I was number 6 for the 790R on the local dealer's list. Then I was #5... then I got a call and I was second in line with a bike available on the floor with no one else interested. I bought it. They sold an adventure S also, and there is another adventure S on the floor.

I'm also on a list for the FTR1200, and I'm backing out of that because the 790 came much sooner than I thought... unless they would pay a good amount for my Tiger800XC... as a trade in, which will likely not happen. So I will wait until the FTR1200's are on the floor with no buyer in sight and I can cut a deal.
    The_Eccentric likes this.
  11. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had to do a little modification on my bike today! I’m still waiting for new parts and dont have the time to wait! I’m off camping again

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

There is some clerance, but better safe than Sorry!

IMG_0032.jpg
  12. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Too funny...SO did I!!! :beer

I slept in and awoke to a voicemail from my dealership :)))
  13. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    I'm actually kind of surprised the pillion grab handles are not separate from the rear rack like they are on the 1x90's.

*EDIT* Nevermind, looks like they are.
    tshansen likes this.
  14. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They are, but i dident have any spacers
  15. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    The 2020 790 R Rally has just been announced, get ready to sell your yesteryear's 790 R models now! :D

790rrally.png

"The covers are off of the most hardcore Adventure bike for 2020 – the new limited edition KTM 790 ADVENTURE R RALLY!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/By3EfEAImHg/
    Cybsal, Matt P, floalex and 3 others like this.
  16. Velociraptor

Velociraptor TrackBum Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Uh oh. Reminds me of Ducati and Porsche. A good base model, but we have these limited edition models for $$$$$$! Of course no price on this 790r Rally yet.
  17. sknx

sknx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  18. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i mean except for decals and akra pipe (if its standard ) and maybe the pro suspension do you think its really any different(and by that i mean we can all get to that bike if we wanted to).
    btw while im on the subject where can i get custom decals for the bike i have an idea for a different look i want to try
  19. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’d be surprised if they will be sold outside of Europe. KTM is doing the same thing with 500 units of 300 TPI Erzberg editions. Suspect those will be all or mostly in Europe based on features usually not allowed at least in North America.

I’d be more interested about “limited Edition” on the decals. Limited edition decals and advertisement for limited edition on the SE and 990 meant it’s all over. End of a run. I’m curious if we’ll see a different displacement on 2021 models...... hmmmmmmmmm....
  20. Allucaneat

Allucaneat When do we stop to eat? Supporter

Oddometer:
    The upgraded suspension is a pretty nice and expensive upgrade, from what I hear (I'll never be able to afford cone valve forks!) Otherwise, I do like the color scheme and narrow wheels, but don't see too much else I'd want to pay extra for.