KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. VintageThumper

VintageThumper Gotta ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which tank bags are you guys running on your 790's?
  2. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so what hey did is take a 790 r put some accessories on it changed the decals and added rally to its name.
    as for the upgrades , i didn't take akra on the are because its not a real akra(and by that i mean its still euro 5 and only saves a kilo ,rather get the wings which i will ) the suspension and wheels are nice and can be added over time if you really have to have them.
  3. Rudderfeet

Rudderfeet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mosko Nomad
    ibgary and FireDog45 like this.
  4. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not using one...I'm not a fan of tank bags in general, but do use one one the 1090. Theres is very limited real estate on the 790 tank and I've just opted out.
    Nowwhat likes this.
  5. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    The Enduristan 4H fits the bike well and does not interfere with the handlebar controls or standing up. And it is waterproof on its own. I stopped looking after trying it out.

[​IMG]
  6. ShaftEd

ShaftEd Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh great! I've only had my 790r a week now and I have to put it in the flea market!

OK, just kidding but it will be interesting on how they price this new version. The Xplor Pro fork and shock on their own cost $5800, so if the Rally is around $3k or so more than the R, it will be a steal.
  7. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I dont like tank bags, i bought the Mosko 80's however and if i want just one tail, Ill use the Kriega 20.
  8. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can't find a WP dealer that knows anything about the Pro Suspesnion. I contacted WP in Europe and they said that I should contact a dealer....hahahha.....
    enduro16 and TrailTrauma like this.
  9. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My dealer has them in stock, perhaps its a US only deal.
  10. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bull puckey! buy em!
  11. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you have yours stripped down and tricked out yet?
    outbacktm likes this.
  12. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We should start a luggage thread to organize all the luggage related info.
  13. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Not shocking as KTM well knows this NEW MID ADVENTURE bike is the cats meow, even more happy i pulled my deposit as there will be a factory built version READY TO RACE, lol If the T7 ends up coming to the US with cheesy suspension & crappy brakes like it sits now then it looks like i'll need to wrap my head around the aesthetics of the 790R. Another thing for us west coast guys is the timing of this just before SUMMER starts, its HOT in so cal & yes you can ride north to higher elevations but your range is still going to be limited before hitting HOT weather again. It's GREAT to read all the input from you guys & keep it coming. Funny when i got my 950SE back in 06' it was nothing like this, guys are coming out of the woodwork & going ORANGE as well like never before!
    outbacktm and DRglidarn like this.
  14. VintageThumper

VintageThumper Gotta ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes! Specializing in smaller, lighter, faster luggage.
  15. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Went to my dealer to check out the arrival of my 790 R. Some ugly mofo was rubbing his ballz all over it :getiton

20190618_161010.jpg

First thoughts are positive. It's true, it does look better in person. All the oranges seem to meld well. It's a great size, with a seat height which seems very very close to the 1090 that I measured up against. Balls of feet were't an issue (I'm a 32-33 inseam). The tank? Never noticed it as anything that stands out. It too just blends in without at all being obtrusive. I checked, and my mechanic installed that skid plate cross brace that someone else's dealer had just handed him. My dealer told me the mechanic that assembled my bike is a helicopter mechanic so you can't asked for a more type A guy overseeing things.

***I had my parts desk check my VIN for recalls, service bulletins and he said there were NONE. SO for those of you in Canada, did your dealer address the tank?? AND for any Americans who had there tanks flushed, WHO exactly gave your dealer direction to do so??

I take delivery on Friday, so I'd like to be armed with this in advance so I can push the flush as part of the PDI if need be. But the dealer said if it's not a recall on the system or bulletin etc then they are NOT going to flush my tank unless I pay for it. I'm not sure if it's based on a sequence of VIN's or what.
    DirtyDaveMO, KTM Freak and Rudderfeet like this.
  16. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am not YET totally sure how this has worked, but it sounds like some dealers were just being careful or possibly at the insistance of the buyer flushed tanks. Then there is this document which my dealer never saw and I have reached a bit to ASSUME that it MAY have been attached to the crates of those bikes which the factory had a high degree of suspicion might need a tank flush (lot #'s, etc.). Here in NM most (all?) of the bikes have come from one dealer and they did NOT flush any tanks. Mine, so far, seems fine and I Have Looked.
    [​IMG]
    angustoyou and TrailTrauma like this.
  17. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    $20 says it is at least double that.
  18. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I told my dealer about the fuel residue problem and he said he'd look into it and make sure any ktm bulletins were taken care of. I never heard him mention it again so I guess it wasn't an issue (this is a very well regarded ktm dealer so I trust them). I probably should have asked him abotu it again but I forgot. In any case I have not noticed any residue in the fuel tank when looking inside with a full tank.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  19. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Good stuff. My dealer and I did peer into the tank and it looks black as it does on the Right sided photos do. Fingers crossed I guess.

Thanks @Smashy I appreciate the input!
  20. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Bit of a cock wag, unless you're a hard core racer, imho. Probably the kind of bike that should be in the hands of guys that might not be able to really afford them, versus a majority being sold to rich, middle aged dudes to flaunt at starphucks...

Mind you, I could probably use a double hot, half soy, single shot of sugar free hazelnut, extra wet caramel latte about now .. sign me up!!

:rofl
    ibgary, IRLSAS, kvango and 4 others like this.