1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Nice. Where did you see that?

Is it an optical illusion or is it asymmetrical for some reason?
  2. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My dealer sent me the pic. Doesn't seem like it's on KTM's site as yet and apparently the part is still a month or two away from being available.

I didn't notice it but now you've pointed it out, it does look wonky. I can't think of a reason it would need to be asymmetrical though, might just be the angle of the shot that does it.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  3. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks very nice but I think we should swop side covers, it would look far better with the black ones from the R model and then you will also have a very unique 790.
  4. niksami

niksami Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What oil are you running guys?
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  5. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    AWESOME Landscape!!!! @aage
    Wow!
  6. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool if CNC'd... Pheh if just another printed plastic unit :|
    Unless this part is printed in some ultra rugged metallic 'unobtanium'... Imagine that the H/PP's price will be equally eyewatering!
    I expect that the KTM boffins have spent considerable time mucking around with lots of the current and possibly future GPS units to sort a semi - universal mount... Otherwise, why commit to moulding in... 'Remove for GPS mount' as an invitation to the aftermarket?..

I need the +20mm R seat (in orange :) Anybody heard an expected eta on availablity from KTM / HP catalogue?
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  7. Norduro

Norduro Thumping

Oddometer:
    I am surprised to hear about the cold start issues, never had any such problems with my 790 ADV. Just a short tap on the starter button (you do not have to hold it down) and it fires up, no additional throttle needed as it should be with fuel injected bikes. I hope KTM can sort this problem for you guys!
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  8. Nelso

Nelso All the gear-no idea

Oddometer:
    Change in dimensions please :D

Ground clearance, seat height in mm
  9. Cani41

Cani41 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, may be for those lucky guys using that bike as a pure leasure, for me it's my working vehicule and all my office stuff is in that big black box. :D

Two issues:
    -brake light always on, I've tried all the "little runs with brakes", it stops and... came back. Dealer had a call with KTM France, they are working on it...
    -Oil leak on the chain braket...

Waiting for the coolant leak. I allready cleaned my exhaust roast.
    Jaimoto likes this.
  10. Cani41

Cani41 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With the kind of avatar you have, well, how to say...
    CaseyB and hgwilliam like this.
  11. aage

aage Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot. Yes there are many beautiful places here, next time I´m gonna take my better camera with me. Used my Galaxy Note8 and it cant handle the dynamic range in these conditions.
    braaap! likes this.
  12. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    My 790r has the same brake light issue.
    It flickers when I let go of the front, as well as occasionally riding around, that’s how I noticed it, at night in the mirror.

My dealer immediately said they’d replace the pressure switch (which is under the tank on the abs pump) but I’ll give the hard braking thing a shot and see what happens. I’ll report back.
  13. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Motul.
  14. niksami

niksami Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I mean gradation, 10w40, 10w50, 15w50...
  15. Oceandiving954

Oddometer:
    Motul 300V Synthetic Motor Oil - 15W50 - 4 Liter 836241
    Rudderfeet likes this.
  16. niksami

niksami Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just thinking that those “thicker” 15w50 oils maybe are worse at lubrication at cold mornings for the first few seconds after start, and with improper fueling engine stalls...
    Happened to me couple of times before first service with factory oil... now I run BelRay 15w50 and no issues at all, but yet I’m in warm climate :)
    Just to add that manual says 10w50.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  17. Oceandiving954

Oddometer:
    We can have that discussion over a whiskey on ice, i live in Miami, the hottest place on the planet lol.
    My bike fires up when i open the garage door lol
  18. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally made it to oil talk

Can we do tires next?

I’m seriously asking :lol3

I’m thinking of going all out and getting another wheel set. So instead of compromising, I can go full street, then switch to a tubed full Offroad. Other options besides woodys?
    Kyle K, nhbubba, Equalo and 2 others like this.
  19. Equalo

Equalo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally got my Denali soundbomb mini in the mail last week (ordered from here:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denali-SoundBomb-Mini-Tone-113dB/dp/B01MRX04OP) and found some time to install this week. Happy with the purchase, works well and is almost a straight up replacement only minor tweaks were needed.
    It is louder then stock but not overly loud and the tone is deeper, friends say they can hear it well in the car now in comparison to before. I can also hear it way better myself when riding a bit faster vs the stock horn.

I had to separate the stock horn connectors from each other, just cut the middle plastic pieces with a small wire cutter because the connectors on the mini soundbomb are a bit further apart. I also had to bend the connectors on the sounbomb mini to 180° from 90° because the connectors are placed higher up on the horn vs stock and it would hit the bracket when mounted. Stock connectors fit perfectly on the soundbomb mini, just rerouted the cable a littlebit to the left over the bolt that holds the bracket so dirt can't pile up on/in it. You'll see in the picture that the horn doesn't point a 100% straight down that's because if you turn it further clockwise it hits on the black metal bracket that supports the bashplate. It is mounted in the stock bracket and the thread from the horn is just long enough, put some locktite on it as well. It is a bit of a fiddly job though, there isn't much space, taking off that bracket helps.
    20190705_162017.jpg

Can definitely recommend for now :), let's see how it holds up over time.
    niksami, Cani41, TrailTrauma and 2 others like this.
  20. Velociraptor

Velociraptor TrackBum Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am wondering if the reason the 3D printed GPS mount I am using has not broken is because the actual GPS cradle is resting on top of the TFT display housing. That takes a lot of torque pressure off the mount.
    TrailTrauma likes this.