KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Nope, slid right out and in.
    ramirin likes this.
  2. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Likely just premium (so CA 91 E10)

The Super Duke Trim 1290 gets an HP per degree of advance up to 4-5 on Japanese high-octu all else being equal seen that one first hand.......5hp is up there for a smaller motor, but it passes the sniff test as possible.
  3. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:

Welcome to one of the joys of ABS.

So in your super fancy Bosche 9M+ the ABS valve shuttles fluid from between the two brake circuits when it activates, so if you are leaving the ABS on and sliding the rear around a lot that happens. I have had my Super Duke bring the front reservoir from about half to over full that way.

The other way to cause that is get fluid on the top of the expansion bladder, that shit will seep for a week when that happens.
    Jack90210 and TrailTrauma like this.
  4. a.c.e.

a.c.e. U Mud, Bro?

Oddometer:
    Will do, but won't happen before next summer ;)
    It's pretty new and will hold up at least 10-13k.

Performance Offroad is a great improvement over Karoo3, pretty much comparable with TKC80, but better onroad.
    Let's call it a not-so-noisy Anakee Wild, pretty good in loose stuff while not too bad onroad.
    Worried about the low profile when playing in a gravel pit with big rocks, didn't want to destroy my rim, but no problem yet.
    I'm pretty sure those are my choice for the next few tire changes.

Here you'll get an idea of typical terrain I play around, this + TET (much sand NL+BE) and such.

Matt P, alonad and tshansen like this.
  5. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had the same problem when changing tires recently. I had to drive it out with a wooden dowel. When I looked at it closely, there were scratch marks on it, I'm guessing from being twisted into place during initial assembly. I greased it up with a thin coating on the way back in, and it still needed some gentle tapping. I did not check the forks at the top of the triple, but I will shortly, since I rode to work today. It rides just fine though.
  7. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Besides checking fork height at the top you might want to try sliding the axle thru the forks while the wheel is off next time to find the reason for the binding. It might by binding in a fork leg due to a burr inside the clamp area. It might be binding due to fork mis-alignment (you can test by seeing how easy it is to slide the axle home thru both tubes and spin it around). Of it could be something causing a bind in the wheel hub which you can check by sliding the axle thru the hub while the wheel is off.
  8. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. ramirin

ramirin Ready to push

Oddometer:
    I need to check, I know they are close but not sure if there is some small difference..

Got notice that my xplor forks arrived but they are 240mm the only reason for me to have them was +30mm travel, now they say:
    "No, we only have the standard with stroke 240mm. Why do he want a longer stroke?
    240mm is what WP and KTM recommend to this bike. If they ride with 270 stroke , I think they must use a innertube from a motocross bike, or something like that?
    "

Every advertise of 790R Rally clearly says it has 270mm travel and WP Xplor Pro 7548 & 6746 :baldy

How did you @Nowwhat convert from 240 to 270 or did yours arrive like that?
  10. Subaruvich

Subaruvich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine came with 240mm travel as well. I am still waiting for the parts to get it stretched. Hopefully it will be done by the end of this month.
  11. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure I saw a lot of discussion around this topic when that suspension was announced and lots of people were complaining that it was still 240mm. Your dealer should have known.
    ramirin likes this.
  12. Tigershark48

Tigershark48 My other BMW is a Roadster.

Oddometer:
    Gear change information worksheet:

https://www.gearingcommander.com/
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  13. Sefti

Sefti Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

Can I get a few responses from people who’ve had fogged tft displays. I’m not sure what to do about this issue. I’m on my 3rd display and my wife is on her 2nd and within a day of being changed they’ve got water ingress again.

My question is, have I just been extremely unlucky and I should try a 4th display on mine and a 3rd display on my wife’s or is this simply inevitable and I need to wait for this current batch of faulty units to work through the system and then they’ll have a fix for the problem?

Really keen to hear everyone else’s experiences!
    Rodooo likes this.
  14. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I purchased my Pro suspension from @Konflict Motorsports who sets it up for you and delivers it as 270mm
    ramirin and TrailTrauma like this.
  15. kateemer2

kateemer2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My dealer told me I can get you a new one but it's the same thing KTM doesn't have a solution right now. You'd better wait till they have
    Rodooo likes this.
  16. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    TFT screen.
    Sounds like the same type of deal as they had here in the USA with the fuel tank sensors in the 1xxx bikes.

I've been fortunate so far. 11k miles. Rain, snow, 100 heat and sun. No fogging as of yet. I did have the mystery dead screen for about 60 seconds one day but it's been fine since.
    Rodooo and ibgary like this.
  17. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    I'd swear I saw fogging several days ago. In the middle of a quick boot around the area, when I stopped. Thought there was dew on the TFT, but it wouldn't wipe off .. finally realized it was probably fogging in the upper right corner. Never gave it another thought, and haven't seen it again since. Next time I'll snap a photo for my own records .. d'uh, should have thought to do that at the time, for warranty purposes.
  18. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what’s your opinion of the pro suspension from conflict? Anything about it you don’t like? Wanna sell it?
  19. Nowwhat

Oddometer:
    Some insight on building up a 790

20. Nowwhat

Oddometer:
    Best suspension I have ever had. Properly set up.....stable....safer...faster
    Konflict Motorsports likes this.