KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. JP4

JP4 Thumper Geek

Oddometer:
    My 390 Duke with the same display had that problem as did many of the little Dukes. Replaced under warranty and the second one had the same problem, though not quite as bad. That display had never been exposed to water. Never washed, never in the rain.
    My theory is that the displays are assembled in a high humidity environment, trapping moisture which then condenses when exposed to cool temperatures.
    Yihaaa, tshansen and TrailTrauma like this.
  2. Salzig

Salzig Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's what was happening to my cheap chinese tyre pressure monitor. I opened it and heated it up with a hair dryer (which I have no use for anymore...). No more fogging since.
    Is the 790 display openable?
    Rudderfeet and JP4 like this.
  3. ramirin

ramirin Ready to push

Oddometer:
    Update on too tight front axle: I tested indepandently to wheel (perfect) and left fork (perfect) and right (too tight). So the thicker part of axle was too big for the fork. I took pictures of scratches it made to axle when removing (will ask if dealer want's to get me a new axle) then sanded paint away from that part and now it slides right in & out like it should.

About xplor pro suspension, I asked many times from dealer that please make sure it comes 270mm as I read that it exists also in 240mm. I wish dealers had more aknowledgement of what they are representing. Places like Rottweiler and Conflict sound awesome but are unfortunaltely situated too far from here.

@Subaruvich Do you happen to know what parts are needed for stretch?
  4. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs DesertSleder

Oddometer:
    What front brake master cylinder are you using? It looks it has a brake fluid reservoir...did it come with the rebel x sports kit?
    It looks like brembo...is it the RCS 17mm? the simple one or corta corta?
  5. ramirin

ramirin Ready to push

Oddometer:
    @r1d3rg652gs As I just asked this (conversion to single disc) from Rottweiler, here goes:

We are currently using the Brembo M50 caliper paired to a Brembo 15mm RCS master cylinder (links below).

http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/brembo-m50-monoblock-left-front-brake-caliper/

http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/brembo-14mm-rcs-radial-front-master-cylinder/

We do not list the 15mm RCS master cylinder for sale on our website as of now but plan on releasing it with options to make this brake swap plug and play.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  6. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    im on my 4th display...they all fog up...last one was fitted n it fogged up 10 mins after leaving dealers..apparently there will be a updated part soon
    JP4, TrailTrauma and chippertheripper like this.
  7. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    im on number4...…..dealer will fit a 5th but I cant see the point..at the minute nofix but apparently are working on it....hes been told to just keep replacing them and finally the factory will get the hint and sort it out
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  8. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs DesertSleder

Oddometer:
    15mm RCS is for dual disc or single? 790R has dual disc in front. You want to make the installation plug and play for the 790R? What is the difference between the 15mm and the 17mm? I think rottweiler have the 17mm in their website for the 790 R.
  9. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    15 is for the single disk conversion. If you watched the video Chris says they'll have a kit available at some point.
    SoilSampleDave and TrailTrauma like this.
  10. r1d3rg652gs

r1d3rg652gs DesertSleder

Oddometer:
    So the 17mm is for the dual disc set up?
  11. ramirin

ramirin Ready to push

Oddometer:
    Probably so.. Are you planning on updating dual disc?
  12. SEK_Nick

SEK_Nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Directions to starbucks unclear. Found gypsum hills instead. 20191012_112205.jpg
    IRLSAS and SoilSampleDave like this.
  13. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody’s dealer stock WP Pro Components Or are these special order only?
  14. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually

Oddometer:
    Where is it fogging up for you? Same spot all four times?

I get it occasionally in the upper right, but it goes away.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  15. Rodooo

Rodooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    current dash is misting at the sides but does get bad enough to not be able to read it...only bout a inch in middle not misted up...and that was straight from dealers,bike never was wet...3rd set was even worse they misted up totally.and was getting weird key failure warnings come up n bike wouldn't start
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  16. PomInOz_

PomInOz_ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What settings are people using when offroad when struggling for traction?

I've been using offroad ride mode with abs off and this has been really good for me especially on firetrack type roads. I found the tc really helping to the point where I was being a aggressive on the throttle kicking the rear out a bit in corners as could feel the tc control it.

However I hit a steep hill climb / series of steps today and struggled getting up. I hit the climb running for the momentum but over the first section the engine just bogged as traction control killed the power so ended up stopping not at the best spot. After stopping I remembered one of the KTM promotional videos where they said to turn it to rally mode and set tc to 7. I did this and set throttle to offroad but still struggled to get going with the Karoos just spinning out from under me looking for traction but once moving made it up the rest of the steps with a lot of effort.

Attached Files:

ibgary likes this.
  17. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When i go offroad, or even 50/50 on my trips i keep it in rally mode. And adjust the traction on the fly. normal dry gravel i keep the slip on 5, if its wet and muddy i often need to go up to 8 or 9 to go anywhere. In loose sand or the really loose gravel i go down to 1 on the slip. just need to try it out, its hard to tell what to use, you need to feel it for yourself with the way you drive and the tires you use. One tip, get rid of the karoo3's.... made a huge difference for me
    IRLSAS, Cybsal, Rudderfeet and 2 others like this.
  18. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    Usually off-road mode. If it gets muddy I'll switch to rain.
  19. PomInOz_

PomInOz_ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That makes sense keeping it in rally mode vs keeping it in off-road as can set off-road throttle response in rally so the power is softer while also adjusting the tc on the fly. I’ll have a play with the tc levels.
    tshansen likes this.
  20. NomorBills

NomorBills WesternExplorer

Oddometer:
    Chandler, AZ & Summer in the Pines, Pine, AZ
    There is no Magic Button. No replacement for good rider technique.
    ibgary, Gerst, ramirin and 1 other person like this.