KTM 790 Adventure

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 2whlin, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Beshar

Beshar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That sucks then! I’m on second display and this one is even worse!

Attached Files:

2. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha... no, looks just like ‘em though.
  3. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    voyer, Rudderfeet and ibgary like this.
  4. Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius It's a mad house

Oddometer:
    Rudderfeet, joelee, Matt P and 2 others like this.
  5. slink

slink Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm considering a Seat Concepts seat but am not familiar with the various materials. What are the benefits of the Diamante top compared to the Low Slip or Gripper given that the Diamante top is more expensive?
  6. Falco888

Falco888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the tank plastic blue or is it painted? (wants those plastics)
    DRglidarn likes this.
  7. samsmith87

samsmith87 n00b

Oddometer:
    Ordered one, can you give a review?
  8. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    firm, but get's rid of most of the sharper corners that you feel in the thighs. Thats my "hop on the bike on the lift in the garage" review. I'm about to pull the cover and put a heating element in it, so I won't really get a ride until Friday at earliest.
  9. lowerlattitudes

lowerlattitudes LowerLattitudes

Oddometer:
    Water not good for electronics....
  10. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    IF there might be a pinhole leak to the atmosphere on that fogging TFT I wonder if you could take the display off and leave it in a baggie of dessicant for a while. But the you'd probably need to find the leak afterwards and then use a waterproof sealant of some sort to cover them.

Do we know if the TFT's that fog have a breech or is it know whether the moisture is strictly within a well sealed unit?
  11. Orfeas

Orfeas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    To my understanding there is huge production batch of screens that have already water/humidity inside due to manufacturing/storing conditions, but the problem becomes apparent after using the bike (probably the heat from the bike make the water trying to escape etc).
    I have read some people who are on the 8th screen replacement and still.
    Toddv and TrailTrauma like this.
  12. ramirin

ramirin Ready to push

Oddometer:
    What's up with the rims? I thought rally had 'more dirt oriented' narrower rims but they look the same 12" wide as basic R..

It looks great but could have been so much more 'rally' simply because they can..

allthough most likely the reason for being only R + pro susp + few power parts is to keep it street legal with R papers - just guessing here
    Salzig and TrailTrauma like this.
  13. SeatConcepts

SeatConcepts Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The differences between these materials will mainly be the grip that they provide while riding. The gripper will offer the most traction whereas the low slip will be medium traction that will also you to move to and from easier. The Diamante is a synthetic version of suede without all the maintenance. The Diamante will offer more grip compared to the low slip, another added benefit of it is heat resistance meaning that if the bike is sitting in the sun for a while and you go to sit on it it won't be scorching hot. Let us know if you have any other questions we can help you with.
  14. slink

slink Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In the materials gallery on the Seat Concepts website it looks like the Diamante offers less grip than the low slip.
    Vargubau likes this.
  15. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a S version, stock 2 piece seat. Will your 1 piece seat fit? How much taller is your tall seat than my std 2 piece seat?
  16. joelee

joelee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Both my bikes have Seat Concepts on them, am really pleased with them, a lot! I will give the stock seat on my 790 a try when I pick it up, but if not happy, they will be a third Seat Concept saddle in my garage.
  17. slink

slink Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Given your history with Seat Concept seats, do you have suggestions on the Diamante versus low slip versus gripper materials?
  18. joelee

joelee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    funny you should ask about the Diamante material, I was wondering the same thing. Both of mine have the gripper material, pleased with that and would buy it again, just thought the heat resistance would be a nice aspect of Diamante, plus I think it looks nice.
  19. Rudderfeet

Rudderfeet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’d love to hear what you did afterwards.
  20. Knolff

Knolff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quick thoughts on the Seat Concepts. I’ve had mine for about a week and put a few hundred miles on it. The one thing I was most looking forward to was the SC not having the forward slant of the factory seat... sadly that issue was not resolved. There is less slant but you are definitely still shoved forward. I’ve run a SC on every KTM I’ve ever owned but sadly will be looking elsewhere for the 790R. Just my thoughts, YMMV.