KTM 790 owners thread

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by wozzamatta, Jul 7, 2018.

1. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    I have no complaints with the dealer I purchased the bike from. They did everything they promised and even knocked a few bucks off the extended warranty for keeping me waiting while they sorted an ECU programming glitch. They’re 500 miles away so I don’t go there for service. My local dealer is also excellent. Just had the first service done there.
  2. kubcat

kubcat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had pretty much the same experience as you did. No talk of any other up sells like extended warranty. I had a $500VIP card, and we made the sale. I have talked about the negative dealer experience I had in other posts, so I won't go into it again here.

Gonna try a different dealer to fix the gas tank sensor. Hopefully I can establish a good working relationship with this other dealer.
  3. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    I test rode the S, R and the Yamaha T7. With regards to off road capability, both 790s have been designed for it (and plenty of vids showing exactly this fact), just up to the capability of the rider. For road, the R would need to have the lower front fender (standard on the S and available for the R via the PP catalog) and more road biased tyres. So, yes, I have compared both bikes and the T7 and for me the S felt much better on the road and looks better to me in the metal. The T7 has a fabulous torquey engine and so much quieter than the rattling 790s, they seem more noisy than my old 1290 SA.
  4. ibgary

ibgary Long timer

Oddometer:
    My dealer was very knowledgeable. Told me about warranty options, the screen functions, even paired my phone for me. Told me about the Rever app and then spent another 10 minutes going over the owners manual and marking the pages with maintenance schedule. Told me about the key chips. The hour it took to do the paperwork he spent with me going over the bike. Clean, polish, full tank.
    ramirin and TrailTrauma like this.
  5. SEK_Nick

SEK_Nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had to ask for the extended warranty, they didn't offer it. The shop also said the same thing to me about knowing more about the bike than they did. It makes sense though, I've been focused on this one bike, they have a whole product line from multiple manufacturers to keep up with.