KTM 950/990 Adventure owners show off your bike

Discussion in 'KTM 950/990' started by dgrs2, Dec 17, 2004.

1. GeneTheCount

GeneTheCount n00b

Oddometer:
    Whinlatter Pass, Cumbria, first ride out after a week's ride across Europe from Italy to the UK

/Eugenio _MG_7606.JPG
    KiwiPewe, Kobreti, Cafeducati and 9 others like this.
  2. Hueyflyer61

Hueyflyer61 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. Hueyflyer61

Hueyflyer61 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Test riding today after a load of work. The motor was rebuilt in February, well from last September to February by a shop.
    I got the post rebuild service completed as well as correcting a few things along the way. Finally got a tank of testing through it. Fuel economy is back to normal. Reset suspension settings and will fiddle those as I go along from this base setting.

Next up is fresh tires and driveline components.

[​IMG]
  5. Hueyflyer61

Hueyflyer61 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Went around some “road closed - high water” signs today. Signs were right.
    69A128DF-C3CD-462E-A27A-D0EADC231287.jpeg

Water was as high as the lower triple clamp because I peeked down to see it. Possibly higher than I’m pointing here. Deepest water I’ve ever tackled on this bike.
    A7BD79DC-57E9-4BF5-B91F-D992E2026107.jpeg

I retreated when I got to this because of all the debris and unknown depth over such a long distance.
    82D4CDD4-B00F-47C6-B03B-172CA73F270D.jpeg
  7. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yikes!

Sign below... Did you have the sticker?

watercraft.jpg

:)
  8. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fixed a bunch of stuff and did another round of weight reduction to get ready for the KTM rally/ultimate race in Breckenridge in a few weeks! At least according to my scales, I am down to 225lbs front and 232 rear with 5 gallons of fuel and all the tools and such, ready to ride. While my scales might be a few lbs optimistic (probably around 15 lbs based on the last "good" scales I used), it's down 3 lbs in the back and around 10 (!) in the front vs. the last measurement with the same scales. It definitely feels it, too.

[​IMG]
  9. mrsdnf

mrsdnf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lost between the Dandenongs and Yarra Valley
    Couple of nice boat ramps there DirtyDog.
  10. B1KSOLO

B1KSOLO Living the Dream

Oddometer:
    how many Lbs does that translate into the total weight of the bike?
    ywouldi likes this.
  11. gearheadE30

Oddometer:
    The first time I weighed the bike with this scale, it was 518 lbs but had luggage racks (no bags) on the back along with an empty Neduro rear tank. Total weight right now is 457 lbs if you believe my scale.
    mountaincadre likes this.
  12. mountaincadre

mountaincadre Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's pretty good gearhead.
  13. MKJ

MKJ Married w/ Children

Oddometer:
    Probably wise to shed those 60 lb. racks! Doesn't really add up, does it?
  14. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    I see single rotor/SE master, no center standard, ...what else did you do take off? Beside the usual SAS removal,airbox etc?
  15. Bad Piggy

Bad Piggy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just returned from a 5 day camping trip at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. Had a blast and managed to keep Betty upright this time IMG_20190828_200211_02.jpg I'm IMG_20190828_200211_01.jpg in IMG_20190829_131639_01.jpg IMG_20190829_174037974_HDR.jpg
  16. gearheadE30

Oddometer:
    The racks and tank were just obvious things; I think they're like 20 lbs or something all together. I've done a lot more than that!

Single front brake, all the inner guts of the front tower removed and replaced with an HPDE structure, TripleClamp intake, removed SAS and EPC and converted harness to work with Trail Tech Voyager Pro gauge and stripped the harness and removed all the wires and connectors for things I didn't need, single side exhaust, holes drilled in all kinds of unimportant stuff, turn signals replaced with lighter bits, no passenger pegs, lots of plastic trim and associated hardware removed, etc. It's been such a long-term project, I don't remember everything I've done. It does still have the center stand.

[​IMG]
    kzeb, KiwiPewe, Cafeducati and 14 others like this.
  17. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    Sweet! Is the front tower HDPE replacement parts custom made by you? Hope like the TripleClamp Moto's airfilter ;)
  18. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    I usually just remove my centerstand before an upcoming event/race, then spend the 5 to 10 minutes bolting it back on once I get back home. I'm also thinking about installing an EXC kickstand on mine. It would be only used for racing purposes and nothing else. It would be one of those things that gets installed before a race and removed right after, then the stock sidestand can be swapped back on for the rest of the year.
  19. gearheadE30

Oddometer:
    Air filter is great so far! Haven't ridden in too many dust clouds with it yet, though. I custom made the HDPE parts, yes. There is still some more room for optimization, but it's working well so far.

I used to remove my centerstand as well, but have gone back to running it all the time. It makes a good skid plate extension for when I screw up big log/rock crossings, and I've not gotten around to making something else to serve that purpose yet. I've smacked it hard enough that the tubing walls are collapsed, so I figure it has to be doing something. :lol3

I still run an AGM battery too (the bike still gets used as an adventure bike and has to start in the cold) so could drop some weight there as well with one of the lithium options.
  20. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Agreed AGM all the way for me