Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by dgrs2, Dec 17, 2004.
Good pic. Looks like a fun ride..
Did an oil change and rode up the Santiago Peak ridge line one last time before my cancer surgeries and treatments.
Wish I was running as good as she is.
Oil change is only half of the work, dont forget the most important parts:
And, from the 950 manual:
Should you desire to make a pause over a longer space of time, please observe the following instructions:
– Drive the tanks empty to be able to fill up with fresh fuel when starting the motorcycle up again.
– Clean motorcycle thoroughly (see chapter: CLEANING)
– Change engine oil and oil filter (old engine oil contains aggressive contaminations).
– Check antifreezer and amount of cooling liquid.
– Correct tire pressure.
– Disassemble and charge battery (see chapter: BATTERY).
– Jack up the motorcycle if possible so the wheels do not touch the ground.
– The storage place should be dry and not subject to excessive temperature fluctuations.
– Cover the motorcycle with an air permeated tarpaulin or blanket. Do not use non air permeable materials as a possible humidity might not be able to escape and could cause corrosion.
All the best and get back here rather sooner than later.
I hate all thoughts words.
Stay strong. I’ll be waiting for your return moto ride pics.
Went lean, green and mean.
Bought the Dakar replica brother of the KTM a while ago
I was piddling around in the garage and had moved the camera from the car so got a quick shot of the bike post washing.
I've almost got stuff shoved out of my wy enough to get the oil changed and play with the slave cylinder again.
... You really need a bigger shed, @Mr Head :)
When I had a shed three times this size it too was filled to the brim with stuff that isn't mine.
I need less crap stored in my shed.
The shelves behind the bike are mostly photo albums from family we are going to scan. My wife is a third of the way through my dad's slide reels. I'm supposed to be adding names and titles and descriptions. I am, but, I'm slow and easily distracted.
She is on reel #20 of 63.
Today I'm on grandpa duty. Oggy is napping so I can catch up on adv.
I could give you a hand with that Wilton you have in a corner...
That Wilton is decidedly not part of the crap. Nor the bench bench it is bolted to. That Wilton came from the Douglas airplane plant in Long Beach. Salvage at $20 to me almost 20 years ago. The building it came out of is gone, but the part it was attached to is now a Mercedes Benz prep/distribution facility.
i thought the 04-REVALVE was something they did on the 4CS suspension,,, is that just the company logo then?
It's a phone number.
haha its so simple, i shoulda known.
Another solo ride out to Toroweap in August.
My new expensive ride I’ll be sitting on for a while...
Photon radiation gun 3-D mapped directly to a cancer tumor and loose cells trapped in my lymph nodes.
Hoping this machine blows the cancer off the face of this earth... And I can get back to business as usual on my 950 Adventure again.