1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

For Sale or Trade ktm 990 / 950 safari gas tanks - CA

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by Pismo950, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Pismo950

Pismo950 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a set of black 10.5 gallon safari tanks i am no longer using, color is black.
    they work great and expected wear and tear for an adventure moto.
    taken off a 2010 990 adventure but will fit the 950 with a part for the fuel pump.
    comes with locking caps and fuel filters

Looking for 600 bucks.
    Will trade for a 990 adventure steering damper.
    Located in Nipomo, CA 93444.
    Will also be in the Los Angeles area on September 18 and can deliver.

thumbnail_IMG_1788.jpg
  2. collie man

collie man mo fire!!

Oddometer:
    do you know if these will fit a 2012 990 R? is there a fuel pump included? wishfull thinking?

thanks
  3. Pismo950

Oddometer:
    Should fit all 990s as far as I know.
    No fuel pump included. I just used the original, it would be cool though to make it easier to swap back and forth.
  4. collie man

collie man mo fire!!

Oddometer:

did those ever expand and mess shit up? i remember stories here and there back in the day about the black ones , so im just curious if u had that issue or not.
    Would you ship them?
    are there tank scars on tank underneath the protectors? ive burned through em before and just replaced protectors before haha hey it looks new then so I thought I might ask. thanks pismo
  5. Pismo950

Oddometer:
    I can take pics under the protectors, should be good to go.
    As far as expansion goes, when i bought them i was told to disconnect the headlight bracket from the frame and instead leave it connected though the tanks and it worked perfect.
    I can consider shipping them but it sounds expensive - where are you located?
  6. collie man

collie man mo fire!!

Oddometer:

i'm currently in Asheville North Carolina so if you want to lug those suckers down and get an estimate from somewhere that's cool if not I understand. I should be West Coast bound in the next month or two but I doubt they'll still be around by then And I want them off for the trip from here back west I'm sick of stopping every two hours with them damn stock tanks and my 150 mile range not much of an adventure bike with 150 mile range ha ha Ha anyway man let me know thanks for your time
  7. Pismo950

Oddometer:
    I'm out of town for an extended weekend and i'll get back to you early next week.
  8. collie man

collie man mo fire!!

Oddometer:
    no hurries
  9. Dan Man

Dan Man ex-adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where in LA? I am seeing a cousin next weekend from LA.