1. eNewsletter Sign Up

KTM Adventure Rider Rally III: The Buckaroo High Desert Rally

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Roaring Horse, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Roaring Horse

Roaring Horse Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Baja, Africa, North/South America, Europe
    Dear ADV Gang,

Its official. The 3rd Annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally will be held Aug 4-6 in Elko, NV. We just returned from a site inspection and meeting with the Elko Convention and Visitors Authority and we have literally been given the keys to the city. Elko is almost exactly centrally located in the western U.S. and is easily accessible from all points.

Our host hotel will be the Red Lion Inn. Official invitations along with registration forms will be maiiled to all our Adventure customers on or about April 1st.

This is going to be an awesome event. Last year's event in Ouray exceeded all expectations. The turnout was fantastic and the events we scheduled were all well received. One drawback to the Ouray event was the heavy vehicular traffic we experienced on the trails. Too many jeep caravans, ATVs, and other people. It was hard to really relax and enjoy riding, you were always too busy keeping an eye out for others.

Since the KTM Adventure Rider Rally is first and foremost about adventure riding we wanted to go some place where we could really stretch our legs. Elko is perfect for this. Few people with thousands of miles of remote, lightly traveled trails and forest service roads, this is going to be an epic riding experience. You will get to see the Ruby Mtns (Nevada's best kept secret), Jarbidge, Tuscarora, the Pony Express Trail, Lamoille Canyon, Spruce Mtn, Merrit Mtn, Secret Pass, the Donner Trail, the list goes on and on.

In addition to the rides we will be providing a full range of activities and events from Technical Seminars, Dakar Presentations, Demo Rides, Welcome Parties, and if you missed it last year a very fun banquet and awards party. I will also be holding a very special and unique Adventure Camp in conjunction with the Rally

We are expecting a great turnout this year. As mentioned earlier invitations and other information will be mailed to all KTM Adventure owners on or about April 1st. There will be a nominal entry fee for this years event.

Make your plans now to attend. We will post additional information on this site as it becomes available.
  2. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    What if you're puchasing an 06 and won't get it untill after April 1st, or have an older model adventure bike, 640 or 950, will you still be allowed to attend? Is this only open to new dealer purchased bikes?

Thanks
  3. Roaring Horse

Oddometer:

Its open to all KTM Adventure customers regardless year model.
  4. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Thanks,
    Will there be a number to contact if you don't recieve an invitation?

What about the LC4 enduro? Are those allowed?
  5. Roaring Horse

Oddometer:

Yes there will be a number to contact. Yes its open to all street legal KTM Dual Sport motorcycles
  6. ZenMoto

ZenMoto Bikeslut

Oddometer:
    Great news, thanks!

I can't make any of your earlier Adventure camps this year, but this may be just the ticket. Adv camp + the Adv Rally. :deal

:clap
  7. bmwkid

bmwkid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How about all the California boys meet in Lake Tahoe and ride out on Highway 50 ?
  8. luv2lean

luv2lean not lost til out of gas

Oddometer:
    You do know he said Elko, not Ely. Anyhow, the map shows some dirt routes heading north out of Austin from 50 towards Elko. Might as well take advantage........
  9. bmwkid

bmwkid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know where we are going I just don't want to ride out highway 80 ever again. Once was enough....:rofl
  10. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Considered going last year but couldn't get a response if Akras with the baffles in were acceptable. The bike came with them installed. Will they be acceptable this year???
  11. eradock

eradock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my Adventure used, how do I get on the list?
  12. Noguz

Noguz Rest in peace, William.

Oddometer:
    You gotta go to the "Used Adventure Rally". It's up in Winnemucca, on a tuesday, in a spot behind the gas station. :eek1
  13. Hair

Hair no wants or warrants

Oddometer:
    Last year this time I owned two BMW motorcycles.
    A 04 R1150 GS Adventure
    And a 98 K1200RS.

After reading about the off road demo days in Cloud Croft NM, I wanted to ride my GS to it but I did not know how it would be received.

Next I heard about the Rally in Ouray. Again I wanted to ride my big bike to it. But I did not know how it would be received.

This year I own two KTMs. The BMWs are gone. The KTM rally and demo days are a big part of why I own KTM motorcycles.

Last year's Ouray event was highly rated by Nedro. Nedro is much respected on this site. If he is pleased then it must have been good.
    All I can say is that I am really looking forward to spending some time with the pros. Last fall I attended an off road riding school. I know how much knowledge can be had by spending some time with people who really know that they are doing.

I am looking forward to spending some time with you guys. I hope that itÂ’s not too hot in NV.
    Thanks in advance for realizing that company/rider relations are important.

Regards
    Tim
  14. zugy

zugy My brother wheeling SXC

Oddometer:
    :clapMan that is a beautiful place! Plenty of new lodging too. There are many roads to get there. I was there last August. It can be cold!!! I made it up to Jarbidge and back to Elko. Nice old small town. Big tanks needed. I'm interested in doing the Ruby range this time.
  15. Noguz

Noguz Rest in peace, William.

Oddometer:
    Jarbidge is cool, and it's a great ride to go there. You can go northwest out of there out into the Owyhee Desert which is quite remote.
  16. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Thats about the laimest excuse I've ever heared. Get on you bike and ride it, baffles in or out.
  17. ephemeris

ephemeris UYPL

Oddometer:
    Roaring Horse,

Could ya pm my wife and let her know I'll be there??

I need to make good on a rain check after busting my ribs at Mid-Ohio.

:freaky

Will the hospitality suite be there :evil
  18. ErrinV

ErrinV D Boon!

Oddometer:
    Hi Scot!

Please add me to the list to be invited! This sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Errin
  19. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya know I just don't want to ride 1500 miles one way and have someone tell me I can't participate because my exhaust doesn't meet the requirements. Lame or not that isn't smart in my book. A lot of places require that the exhaust is USFSA or you can't play. I ride a little and have done a couple of things over the years and have had problems before with type of event.
  20. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    Scott, when you are done calling his wife, call my boss and tell him that it is OK if I go 80 hours in the hole for vacation this year so I can take my daughter diving in Belize and also attend this event...

I missed last year cuz of that damn pesky dually pick up truck incident....