KTM LC8 Air Filter Kits by SW7

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sporting Wood, Mar 14, 2013.

1. OldDog

OldDog non impediti ratione cogitationis

Oddometer:
    Placed an order with Chris a while ago and received fairly prompt communications about the order the whole way through. Had to can the jet portion of the order as FP were stuffing Chris around just too much and it was holding up the supply of the rest of the kit. Chris ended up sending me just the filter kit and the sock, which is excellent quality I must say. With the aid of this thread and the Aussie 950 thread i'll get it tuned to acceptable then throw the bike on the dyno.

Thanks again Chris, much appreciated!
  2. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Chris - PM sent for a new filter.
  3. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, I have been sorting through some backorders but am completely restocked and everything is out now. Sorry for the delays. We sometimes have long delays getting filters through customs!
  4. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you have any seals available ? That go between the mount and the carbs to take the slack out .
  5. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
    Yes, sure do.
  6. ericlemonde

ericlemonde FrenchCanadian63

Oddometer:
    Chris, since you have them now can you please send me those seals i am missing from the kit together with the o rings. This was all paid for with the original order.
  7. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Still loving mine! (maybe 7k miles later? maybe more?)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  8. SloBee

SloBee n00b

Oddometer:
    What kind of carbs do you have my 07 950smr has the Keihin cvrd43 and I simply cannot find the jetting for it,...

Any advice? Thank you in advance.
  9. ManuC

ManuC 950 SM

Oddometer:
    Look at Bhir
    KEC for the mains
  10. ABuck99

ABuck99 0.0

Oddometer:
    Have you tried asking your KT'M dealer? If it's jets only im sure they prob have jets. Or Buy the kit from factory pro.
    STANIMAL likes this.
  11. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    I could really use some jetting advise!!

I have a 08 Se 950 with the rottweiler system installed, all emission junk removed. Remus 2 into 1 exhaust.

Trying to find the correct jetting. Most of my riding is between 4500ft and 9000ft.
    I have recently just installed the 45 pilots and 170/175 mains. During the first little 5 minute run , it seemed like I was very close, then after a run up to red line it started acting like it was starving or surging for fuel (sputtering under acceleration ) I keep reading mixed results of running the 42s or the 45s. I am confused!!

Before the recent change, I was running 42 pilots, with 165 and 170 mains. It seems to run good on top end, but at mid throttle and lower RPM it would surge very bad. If I pulled the choke in the surging was less ( meaning its lean ) Also when a heavy wind gust would hit me the surging would increase, as if too much air was being rammed into the intake.

I would appreciate and help and suggestions you can send!! Thank you!

I am beginning to wonder if I have something else wrong besides a jetting problem?

Thanks!!
  12. ABuck99

ABuck99 0.0

Oddometer:
    42 pilots

Get your mains under 170 for that altitude-and floats set lean.

I got very good performance with 42 pilots, mains 162 rear and 160 front, clips at #3 and 2 turns out on the mixture screws ( flex jets best to fine tune). Floats at 4mm. This set up worked great from 4500ft-13,000 feet.

Bonnie & Clyde likes this.
  13. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much! You are running a similar set up right? 2 into 1 and rottweiller air filter system, no emissions.
  14. ABuck99

ABuck99 0.0

Oddometer:
    2-2 set up. And SW7 set up which is same air filter and sas mods.

Wether 2-2 or 2-1 won't make much if any difference to jetting requirements

Look up H2W vent hose routing and lengths as this will have a helpful
    Impact on surge- also running the front carb 1/4-1/2 turn richer also helps with lean surge. Also correct float height helps with lean surge. And lastly carb synch and TPS adjustment will have some impact on throttle response.
  15. BoGaRa

BoGaRa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would this setup fit on 990 SMT?
  16. crofrog

crofrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fuck no toil... The ITG filter started falling apart. I should have trusted my gut and just used twin air liquid power like I do on all the other filters. I've never had a good experience with notoil
  17. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was using NoToil for quite some time with my filter and no problems aside from the fact it was a pain in the ass to clean. That's more due to the filter design than NoToil though.
  18. crofrog

crofrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Define "quite some time" I've got filters from 2004 that have only used liquid power and look as good as new. And I've got a few year old ITG that's crumbling.
  19. ABuck99

ABuck99 0.0

Oddometer:
    Crofrog- Wondering what you clean the filter with and how often? These filters can take a lot of dirt & dust before loosing performance .

FWIW Ive been using either twinair filteroil or Maxima Fab-1 on the ITG and small bikes. Clean filters with Maxima air filter cleaner ( sometimes chain cleaner - it's the same formula as the filter cleaner) then follow with dawn dish soap to clean out any remaining filter cleaner. 3 years and no filter issues yet.
  20. crofrog

crofrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I clean it about every 5000 miles or so, using the no toil cleaner. This has been my experience with quiet a few filters using no-toil products.

Yeah I use twin air liquid power and the liquid power remover on most other filters with no issues.