KTM LC8 Air Filter Kits by SW7

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sporting Wood, Mar 14, 2013.

1. pfdskipper

pfdskipper Westside Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sporting Wood
    My filter has de-laminated at the base where the foam meets the red rim. Its been great for a couple of years and always was washed in soap and water. What options do I have to fix this?
  2. pfdskipper

Oddometer:
    So its been a week, no reply. I assume that means I've got a real expensive paper-weight? Disappointing to say the least.
    Here is a look at the problem:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Greedyg76

Greedyg76 Certified Card Carrying A-hole

Oddometer:
    Here are my settings and non-scientific results on a 2005 950 Adv .

172/175 mains
    45 pilots
    stock needles #3
    floats 3.75mm
    IMS 2.5 turns out

This is with a 2-into-1 open exhaust, elevation 1500-2000 asl.

All I can say is whoa, should have done it years ago. Super strong pull throughout the rev range in every gear.
    My butt Dyno tells me that the useable torque dropped down about 800 rpm from 3700 to just below 3000 now in the higher gears.
    The bike starts easy, idles smoother, and seems much more willing to rev quicker.
    Not to mention the increased ease of regular maintenance tasks, which is worth the cost alone when paired up with the Snap Out glove box.

Daddy likes :clap
    STANIMAL likes this.
  4. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    I romp quite a bit out in pretty dusty conditions. Really notice when it starts to get dirty. I usually dont clean it till it starts running funny.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  5. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    oh and the maintenance ... sooo much easier

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  6. GoGoGavin41

GoGoGavin41 Waves to Moto Cops (and they wave back)

Oddometer:
    Anyone heard from Chris? Looks like things have queued up a bit for him here, just hoping nothing bad has happened. He was very helpful getting me set up a few years ago.
  7. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
    Still Here. Been busy! Thank you guys. The web store has been neglected and isnt currently working. Anyone who wants a kit, I have them in stock. Just drop me a line here or at sw7performance@gmail.com
    keener and STANIMAL like this.
  8. Scoutman

Scoutman Misanthropic Drifter

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to add my settings to the collective, as I have spent most of my free time the last two weekends chasing jetting

2005.5 950 Adventure
    SW7 intake
    2-1 FMF Q-4
    2200' ASL
    45*F
    Mains- 170f/172r
    Pilots-42
    Floats-3mm measured upside down
    Stock Needles-#3 clip position
    IMS-2.5/2.5 turns out from fully seated
    Air jets stock

Pulls hard everywhere, idles smooth and starts easily hot or cold.
    STANIMAL likes this.
  9. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Just ordered an SW7 for my 950 SMR. The bike already has a full Akropovic exhaust system on it and needs this air filter on it. Let the games begin! :lol3
  10. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    3 minutes from a KTM dealership, Angus, On
    Hey Sporting Wood,

I have a question for you! Could you please contact me via PM?

Thank you...
  11. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
  12. outbacktaz

outbacktaz outbacktaz

Oddometer:
    3 minutes from a KTM dealership, Angus, On
  13. frickenmotarded

frickenmotarded Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I call upon the collective 950 jetting prowess of the thread. I've recently had to rejet my 950 after swapping out a failing stock fuel pump for a new Facet. I didn't foresee this having such a profound effect on my jetting but it was mega rich afterwards so the stock pump must really have been suffering.

I've taken one shot at jetting on the new pump so far and it's a touch soft with no to low throttle but totally liveable, slightest hint of some surge maybe. WOT it goes like a greased weasel, maybe better than ever before. The issue I'm having is neutral throttle mid to high RPM between corners it's poppy and blubbery; it's unsettling and not right. It's not too bad picking up throttle from there, could be smoother...

07 Super enduro, @ 1500ft above sea level, 80F degree ambient
    SW7, RC8 trumpets, unmodified slides, dome filter, remus cans no DB killers

Current Jetting is:
    170/172
    OEM KTM needles 2.5
    floats at 3.5mm
    air screws 2.25 /2.5

Any advice you all could offer would be appreciated!
  14. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
    ^ Facet boosts fuel pressure. Either tune down by raising floats to 4mm and compensating with screws to accommodate or better, put an inline regulator that keeps pressure in the 3lb. range.
  15. frickenmotarded

Oddometer:
    Mine did the same, I used Seal-All 380011 Adhesive and it's been on there for at least a year and still holding strong

https://www.amazon.com/Seal-All-380011-Seal-AllĀ®-oz-Adhesive/dp/B0000AXYZG
  16. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
    Email usually works.

I've been swamped over the past couple years and haven't had much time to devote to adv...and worse, riding. That's thankfully changing. Anyone that needs me can post here and I'll get a notification. Will try to respond quickly. Email is better. I've had people call me and chat jetting too. No problem doing that. I include my number with email responses. Anyone with any problem whatsoever with the kit please let me know. I've had a couple filters sent back to ITG over the years for breakdown or delamination. They cover replacement as long as they find no alcohol based oil was used.

Also, new 950 kits still available. Ran out of 990 plates and won't likely get any more made. Also have SAS plates that I'll throw in with the kits while supplies last. $199+ shipping anywhere in the world until I run out.

I have kewl orange outerwear filterskin available too.
    braaap! likes this.
  17. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
  18. pfdskipper

Oddometer:
    Great to know, too bad it has been nearly a year since I had the issue.

Tried repeatedly to contact you to no avail. I get it, you're a small operation and selling stuff here is not your full time gig. I certainly saved money (short term) by buying your stuff. I certainly did NOT save any money after I was left with no other option but to abandon my SW7 set-up. I know I am not the only one to come to the same conclusion after so much frustration in trying to get additional items and/or support.

So now your back and looking to clear out your inventory and offer up advice. Cool. Good luck with that.
  19. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
    Send it back for a refund. Won't find any better support that that. I searched my email and the pms here and saw nada. I'm here as one of us who made the kit because the other guy was a$$ raping us for it and supplying plastic crap that failed, cracked, melted and warped. Don't want it. Fine.. send it back
    dratom and renogeorge like this.
  20. frickenmotarded

Oddometer:
    Just for the record, I've had several great email exchanges with SportingWood over the years. I've also taken at least a couple hrs of his time over the phone talking jetting on my SE. Just relaying my personal experience
    montibank and Sporting Wood like this.