KTM LC8 Air Filter Kits by SW7

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Sporting Wood, Mar 14, 2013.

1. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Same here.....
  2. frickenmotarded

frickenmotarded Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also experienced filter delamination and called ITG and they basically said unless you use their magical filter fairy juice they won't cover it and I could eat a dick...
  3. frickenmotarded

frickenmotarded Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just for the sake of data and in case anyone in the future is looking for jetting with facet info I got it right after 6 more tweaks. Goes like stink, smooth everywhere, leaner on cruise for MPG, fat enough up top WOT.

07 Super enduro
    @ 1500ft above sea level
    80F degree ambient
    Facet fuel pump
    SW7, RC8 trumpets, unmodified slides, dome filter, remus cans no DB killers

Current Jetting is:
    170/172
    OEM KTM needles @ 3
    floats at 3.5mm
    air screws 2 /2.25
    Corsica101 likes this.
  4. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello all!

I currently own a 2004 950 Adventure and am looking at SW7/ITG filter kit, to replace my stock air-box with Pyndon pre-filter replica kit, to gain some bark out of the old girl but basically getting rid off some weight + some other weight savings mods.

I turned over a lot of threads, but I haven't really fond anyone with this system and jetting form my area. I am located in central Europe, right on the edge of Alps. Riding elevation varies from 0-cca.2000m temperatures from 15-30° Celsius. No emissions crap on the bike, with Acra pipes and baffles (damn police/laws…)

From what I have read, I should setup my carbs like so:
    172/175MJ
    45PJ
    4mm on the floats
    OEM Needles on #3
    IMS 2 turns out

I don't have dyno for testing and refinement, so would like to be as spot on as possible from the start.

Thanks for all the help!

Kind regards
  5. Danteee

Danteee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    20180106_190011.jpg Could somebody please help me what to do and were to route the lines from the black and brass nipple on top of the carb when it's mounted ? Just installed an itg filter and don't know were to put them or to plug them?
    The brass one was before routed through the snorkel and on top of the airbox. But i can't find any guide for were to put these four lines.
    Thanks.
  6. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    Those are cabr bowl vents. They should be vented with a hose. 250mm for rear and 275mm for the front. Send them somewhere between the carbs. I like to cut a V at the end of the hoses so they don't get blocked against the engine or something.
    knybanjo likes this.
  7. knybanjo

knybanjo kinda slow

Oddometer:
    Yeah...I made the mistake of joining my vents into a T of sorts and routing out behind the engine. Nobody instructed me to do that...just seemed like the thing to do...but it wasn't. The result was a surging issue that wouldn't let the bike cruise smoothly...it'd accerate fine but then sputter once you tried to maintain a steady speed.

Once that error was pointed out to me I was able to get it jetted better and it's good all throughout the rpm range now.....with just short vent hoses dropped down below the carbs.
  8. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    Whats up w/SW7? left a few pm's, nada! Maybe i missed something & he's gone! Just need a NEW dome filter, i figure i'd check here first.
  9. ktm33b

ktm33b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same. Trying to order some things myself.
  10. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Ok I just bought an 07 super enduro with all the smog stuff gone and block off plates installed. It has dual fmf pipes and a sw7 dome ITG air filter. The bike was jetted for 1200 feet. I bought the bike home to 5,000 feet. I haven't pulled the carbs yet to see what jets and needles I have but what are the jets the collective think i should have for the new elevation 5,000 feet?
  11. River-Runner

River-Runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guys -

Using the Rotweiller Filter on our 690's - same basic drill as I see here. We have been using filter skins on the outside of the foam filter and have had great success. I use the cloth filter skins off the Rotweiller site, but I think any would work. We use UNI filter oil on the skins. When going across N. Nevada / SE Oregon with flour sand - dust - I may use two layers of filter skins. The skins may have a quarter inch of dust on the outside, just strip it off, shake it, put it in a baggie and put a new one on the foam filter. When you get home, I first soak dirty skins in simple green, dish washing soap and HOT water, then repeat the process a couple of times and dry them out. Then spray/pour UNI filter oil over them and put in a plastic bag for your next trip. Make very sure they are totally dry before you oil them and put in a bag - it they are wet they will mold.

If you are in a pinch and need a quick skin, use two or three layers of headnets like foodworkers use - just spray them with UNI oil and fit them over the foam. Sounds weird, but it will work kind-a ok. The upside is they are throw a ways.

When you get home and clean your foam filter with mineral spirits or whatever you use - there is no sand or grit or matter that is washed out of the foam. On a long trip in the dirt - BDR's - it is a lot easier to change the skins a couple of times on the trail versus the foam filter - a lot easier.

RR
    Bonnie & Clyde likes this.
  12. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,
    I do not come here often so the best contact is sw7performance@gmail.com

Still have the best filter kits for 950 only and at the best price.

Cheers
  13. Flinthillsflyer

Flinthillsflyer Humble Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can't get ahold of you by email or phone! Are you still in business Sporting Wood?
  14. Sporting Wood

Sporting Wood I

Oddometer:
    Checked my emails and voice mail. I got nothing. Kits and jetting advice are still available for 950 only.

Sw7performance@gmail.com is the best way to get a hold of me.
  15. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:
    I just bought a 950SE with Sw7 set up. I contacted him via email & he responded right away. I need to pull my jets to see what I have then start the process of a re-jet for my elevation. I hope this next week Ill have time. Thanks!
    terdog and knybanjo like this.
  16. Bonnie & Clyde

Oddometer:
    Chris has been helping me via email with excellent results.
    montibank likes this.
  17. MareCZech

MareCZech n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys.
    Can anyone send me picture and diameters of what you are using to seal between throttle body and ITG base plate on 990?..
    Would help me a lot..
    And you guys driving 990 with open cans and ITG/rott filter, what kind a map are you using?

Thanks a lot
  18. ncj01

ncj01 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bump. In for map data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. petelatteier

petelatteier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone got a phone number for Chris (@Sporting Wood)? I've been emailing him but he hasn't responded. Please PM me if you do.
  20. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hes busy banging a hottie .