KTM LC8 Exhaust and Auxillary Tank

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by neduro, Jan 20, 2008.

1. neduro

neduro Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We make an adapter that will fit any 50mm slip on to any 950/990 exhaust. You could also use two of them to put a Leo Vince (or any other brand) can on the stock 2 into 2s, in other words.

Here is 1000 words:

[​IMG]

We don't have them listed individually on the website, but give us a call and I can sort you out.

:thumb
  2. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    you will be making any more tanks for a 950se? thanx
  3. neduro

Oddometer:

There are no plans for another run at this point. When I look at the time and money required, I can't wrap my head around doing it again.
  4. EdGear

EdGear Edventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd pre order a tank for a 990ADV, and the 2 to 1.
    Ed
  5. hewhohesit8s

hewhohesit8s Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am looking to get the new Givi TRK33N Trekker Aluminum side cases when they become available in July IF they are compatible with the ADV tank. Anyone out there confirm either way? Otherwise, back to square one.
  6. EdGear

EdGear Edventurer

Oddometer:
    I think the only concern would be the clearance between your side case rack and the Rally tank. There are posts above indicating which racks have been tried.

New question: has anyone mounted Moto-Sport racks over the Rally tank?
    Ed
  7. hewhohesit8s

hewhohesit8s Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. EdGear

EdGear Edventurer

Oddometer:
    I got together with a friend and we each ordered a tank from wonky / adventure-spec. The exchange rate is good now and the combined shipping is better. I asked around and I don't think these tanks will be made for a long while, if ever.
  9. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any way to add on a 3rd tank? :wink:
  10. neduro

Oddometer:
    First, thanks for the continued interest in the tanks.

I had imagined that most of the demand for them had been met, but based on the flood of emails I got from my last post here, I am wrong as usual.

The interest has convinced me to work on a final run of the 950/990 tanks. No idea on schedule yet, but I think something like 2 months is a reasonable goal, which would put it at the beginning of August.

Once I firm up timing, I will fire up the preorder process we used last time- $50 up front, $50 off, contingent on my meeting whatever the timeline develops into being (the August idea above is NOT to be taken as a promise. I will be very clear when I have a date that I am promising).

If you are interested in this go-around, you can email sales@advtank.com and we'll send you preorder information as soon as it is ready.

Thanks!
  11. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:

In. :D
  12. dad2bike

Oddometer:
    No mention of the y pipe. I'm in for both as a kit. :D
  13. neduro

Oddometer:
    We'll do 2 into 1s as well, of course.

In fact, we have 2 into 1s in stock right now, although I can understand wanting to get them together.
  14. dad2bike

Oddometer:
    August is perfect for mama to buy this kit for me for my B-day. :evil
  15. BLINKER 152

BLINKER 152 mudlover

Oddometer:
    i'll definitely get in on pre ordering one this batch:evil
  16. neduro

Oddometer:
    Back by popular demand...

We are going to do another round of tanks. As before, the deal is that in exchange for a $50 preorder, you get $50 off when they come in. The commitment date is August 15 (we hope before, but no promises).

If we miss that date, we can either cancel your order and refund your deposit, or ship the product for free when it does arrive, at your option.

If that sounds like a good deal, go to http://advtank.com/shop/ and purchase the "pre order" items you are interested in, which each cost $50 (thereby accomplishing the deposit). The preorder period will remain open until June 25, after that time any item you want will return to the normal retail price.

Once the items become available to ship, we'll send you an email with a coupon code that will give you a $100 discount on each product you preordered, thus returning your $50 deposit, and giving you $50 in savings on top of that. The code will only work once, of course, and only work for the products you preordered.

Unless we miss the commitment date, there will be no refunds of the pre-order payment.

If you are interested in a Leo Vince exhaust, we can get any variety you would prefer in stock before the order completes (Spark Arrested X3, or SBK in 400 or 480mm length). Let me know via email and I can arrange to have it available to ship with your preordered products.

Thanks to everyone for proving my pessimistic forecasts wrong (again :-), I hope this works out well for everyone!
  17. viatormundi

viatormundi Citizen of the world

Oddometer:
    A good decision Neduro!

I received your product from the previous batch and it looks great. Looking forward to install it as soon as I have time from my kids. It will help tremendously during my long drives in Morocco.
  18. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    Ned i ask my customers and confirm how many i need next week to you
  19. EdGear

EdGear Edventurer

Oddometer:
    Installed my Rally aux tank and 2 into 1 yesterday.

The 2 into 1 install I received help from BillyD who had installed one on his 990 the day before. We used wooden door/window shims to gently spread the pipes to install the clamps. I was able to reuse my exhaust gaskets the old pipe came off easily. You might want to have a set of replacement gaskets around before you start, KTM 6000500501.

I set up the tank and BillyD worked on the fuel line. Nice quick connect components.

I had trouble with the instructions "Tank Mounting 2)". No problem with the petcock. (Did anyone leave the plastic piece on the petcock, that sticks into the tan?) The instructions should have been separated at that point to isolate details about the forward exhaust hanger mount.

The kit includes everything you need, the pictures filled in to clear the confusion. The kit includes new sleeves to insert for each rubber exhaust mount to match the bolt size. These are pressed into the rubber ejecting the stock. The forward exhaust hanger tank mount has an inner and outer bracket. The upper two pictures on the next page shows the orientation of the brackets. Keep the bolts loose and the exhaust hanger mount goes on much easier.

The rest of the instructions were fine.

Here is the installed tank
    [​IMG]
    The hand prints swiped off.

The tank clearance
    [​IMG]

The filler cap with the standard KTM HB racks.
    [​IMG]
    The cap comes off (I will add a vent). I expect I will need a funnel and some fuel line to fill.

Overall a very nice addition to my slightly fuel hungry bike.
    Nice work Neduro.
  20. EdGear

EdGear Edventurer

Oddometer:
    What map do people run after the 2 into 1 conversion, with an Akra slip on? With the DB insert? Is it better to switch back to the stock map?

Funny the dual Akra's and Akra map use so much fuel I went for the 2 into 1 just to add the aux tank.