KTM-parts.com and Appalachian Offroad Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by JTucker, Mar 6, 2012.

1. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Greetings,
    I have been an inmate for some time here but recently happened upon a new opportunity. As the sales manager at Appalachian Offroad Motorcycles I get to spend my days around these machines I love.

We are a full line KTM, Husaberg and GasGas dealer, with parts and service. Located near Charleston WV in a 7500 sq ft facility. Come by and visit our new showroom.

We are also one of the world's largest KTM parts suppliers with our online sales.
    Check us out at http://www.ktm-parts.com/ for all of your KTM, Husaberg or GasGas parts and accessories needs. We also carry many other brands and parts, Gaerne, Ogio, Airoh, Klim, Alpinestars Enduro Engineering, Giantloop, Kreiga, Wolfman and many others.

We would like to give ADVriders 5% their entire purchase and free shipping on orders over $150 with the coupon code RIDETHEWORLD.

Feel free to PM, post or call me for anything you may need.
    Jesse
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your offer of an ADV discount, I've added you to the vendors' discount thread :thumb
  3. DirtRiderwjc2000

DirtRiderwjc2000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, glad you are finally in the vendors, I have ordered many items for my 300 XC and gear for me.

My last purchase was the KTM shelter, very nice, btw I still need the stake and rope kit for it, I think Rod is taking care of it.
  4. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    I reminded Rod about the stake and rope kit. He'll take care of you.
  5. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

We are appreciative that you continue to use the RIDETHEWORLD coupon. We love seeing all the traffic from ADV Rider; especially since so many of us are inmates ourselves. :clap

I thought I'd swing by and drop you some :spam with a link concerning this weekend. If you've been holding off getting something for your ride this may be a good time to do it :deal

[​IMG]

Keep it up and ride hard!

PS Orange Crush guys check out this :tb

[​IMG]
  6. phishbed

phishbed n00b

Oddometer:
    Same ad, available in other pretty colors! I like the red one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. SOMA Man

SOMA Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is the "RIDETHEWORLD" coupon still valid? When I tried to use it, it said that it was an invalid coupon code. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Benduro likes this.
  8. skeelo221

skeelo221 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

+1
  9. Arsenalist

Arsenalist King -->_____

Oddometer:
    Code didn't work for me either. AOMC seems to have changed, and it seems for the worse, at least in my experience.:flush
  10. Euler

Euler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have recent experience with these guys or Appalachian Offroad MC. I'm wanting to order a P3 skid plate and exhaust guard and they seem like the only place to get it. I've read mixed reviews and don't really want to sit waiting weeks for the parts.
  11. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    I had a great experience with them 2 years ago, with a preload adjuster I bought for my 990 SMR (the write up is in the Road Warrior Forum / 990 SMR Thread

Yeah, something failed internally on the adjuster. After I had it on I ran it back and forth with the electric drill, Then re-installed the spring. It seemed to be fine afterwards, I had already made several adjustments with the 1/4" drive ratchet when it just got bound up. The threads were clean, and dry. I was fooked at that point, but I kept thinking I could work it loose. In hindsight, I should have just put it on the milling machine and cut that beotch off. I wouldn't have damaged the threads so much. I really think I could try another one, but it irritates me that I have to drop another 150 for the privilege. The ring adjusters thread over the damaged area just fine, and I think there are enough threads on the preload adjuster that it would just straddle the damaged area. Why couldn't it have been one of my other bikes that have $50 shocks? Dayum ...
    Well, I sent my pics to KTM-parts.com ( Appalachian Offroad MC ) and asked if they'd give me a break on a new adjuster, or maybe cover the shipping, if I ordered another adjuster from them. I specifically said that I was NOT asking for a warranty replacement, since I had no idea what had happened.

This is the email I got back from customer service at KTM-parts.com ( Appalachian Offroad MC ):

Hello Craig,
    I emailed your case to KTM, and this is the reply I got.

"We have not had any issues with the pre load adjusters. But seeing that he took care of fixing his shock threads we will send you a new pre load adjuster for the customer at no charge. Can you make sure that he was adjusting the preload with the rear wheel in the air so that there is no extra stress on the adjuster."

So as soon as we receive it from them, we'll ship it out to you. Thanks,
    Rod C.
    ktm-parts.com
    Appalachian Offroad MC

So, I got an email today that my new adjuster is shipped and I should have it this weekend. Gotta say, I've never had a company help me like this before, and KTM's generosity made a bad situation a little less painful. Kudos to KTM and ktm-parts.com :D KTM ftw !
    EditDeleteReport
    #407+ Quote

I've picked up a couple things since then and didnt have any drama - good luck!
  12. highnoonhunter

highnoonhunter Leathersmith

Oddometer:
    Ordered some stuff from them a few weeks ago with no problems and fast shipping.
  13. Euler

Euler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the replies. I've emailed them with questions and have had no response so it made me hesitant.
  14. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    Fwiw I got this email today

image.jpg
  15. falcn

falcn Squidless Soul Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jesse - gonna PM you about replacement parts for KTM Behr SM Wheels I just acquired (26mm front axle, cush hub rear) for my 2006 450EXC
  16. Skidrowe

Skidrowe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    10% use BETARIDERS
  17. brownvv

brownvv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just had my first and last experience with aomc. I ordered a ktm X bushing kit. It was on backorder but they didn't bother to tell me until I asked where it was a few weeks later. It finally arrived 2 months after I purchased it but..... the design changed for the worse. The part I ordered had a set screw holding an aluminum hexagon. in which a corresponding hexagon could be rotated inside for "easy height adjustment".
    The part a actually got was version 2.0 which is cheap, weak, and not easy to adjust. No aluminum, just plastic that is press fit with an tiny set screw in plastic? The ktm will eat this alive. they want me to pay to ship it back when it was false advertised and received 2 months after purchase .

I ordered this
    XBUSH.jpg
    I got this 2 months later.
    20180413_162618.jpg
    Cut manufacturing cost and maximize profit!
  18. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    I was just getting ready to order from here, .
  19. staudio

staudio Time to take a ride.....

Oddometer:
    20 Minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge, CA
    Wish I would of run across this thread earlier.....ordered an oil change kit (filter/oil/screens) for my 1290. They charged my card right away. A week went by and still no shipping information...then 2 weeks....emailed them asking what's up......finally got a response saying "waiting for the oil to come in". Another week goes by and still nothing....my bad for thinking if something you ordered was not in stock they would at least tell you up front it was not in stock before charging your credit card. I can understand a delay if its a rare part......but motor oil?
  20. JohnnyWaffles

JohnnyWaffles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've ordered from these guys on several occasions and had no issues.:confused