KTM Super Duke 1290 GT

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by ncj01, Aug 13, 2015.

1. vinjah

vinjah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like your solution worked, you can see my smaller tailbag from Ohio mounted earlier in the thread:
    KTM Super Duke 1290 GT

I don't have a picture handy of how I attached the included Ogio straps, basically criss-crossed them under the passenger seat with 2 around passenger grab handle bar, other 2 around the charcoal canister. Looks like your solution works just fine.
  2. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
    After super tightening the three nuts for the SW Motech foot stand enlargement, I noticed that one of the nuts is missing.
    I didn't use any Loctite, so there's the lesson.
    However I tightened it super hard, :eek7
  3. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. petew

petew I Motorcycles!

Oddometer:
    Here is Celebration Park, on the Snake River south of Boise.
    EF2F0CE3-2CB8-4074-9EA8-683333CEBA77.jpeg FC2ACAF9-3A2F-4DE6-AF3A-EB46D1ADC065.jpeg 6DB47C91-23ED-43A6-8D3F-D206D344534C.jpeg
    OrangeV and xtremewlr like this.
  5. Ride Far

Ride Far Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone using an Airhawk pad on the GT... or who could compare Airhawk vs. KTM ergo seat? Debating whether to go with the ergo seat or an Airhawk pad.

I know and love Airhawk pads… put a good 100K miles on mine before it finally failed. If I could do more miles comfortably on a multi-day GT ride with an Airhawk than the ergo seat, I’d go with the Airhawk.
  6. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, our Single Side Rear Stand will suit the KTM Superduke GT.

The KTM Shaft Size is 27mm Diameter to fit into the Rear Wheel Axle Hole.

Our Spacesaver option allows you to easily maneuver the bike around.

6S Single Side Rear Stand (KTM Shaft) $353 AUD

Regards,

ANDERSON STANDS | Michael Jeffery
    0417 652 631 | enquire@andersonstands.com
  7. Hwy101

Hwy101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can let you know soon. I have an Air Hawk on order and have a trip planned to Whitehorse. I received one, but it was an older style that didn't match the passenger Air Hawk, so I returned it and am awaiting the replacement. However, I tried it briefly, and I think it's going to be the answer (for me). Even with the ergo seat, most of my weight ends up on my bony ass bones. The Air Hawk seemed to spread the "load" around more and seems to eliminate the forward slope that I find the Powerparts seat has.
    brianpc likes this.
  8. Ride Far

Ride Far Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks a lot, will be interested in your experiences with the new Airhawk. Interesting observations on the ergo seat. No doubt it's a big improvement over stock, but my sense is the Airhawk would be even better. And really I'm fine with the stock seat for rides of 300 mis or so. It's multi-day touring that really hurts LOL.

After various measurements it seems this model is the best fit for the GT, are you getting the same?

[​IMG]
  9. Curvesurfer

Curvesurfer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I searched but came up empty....

Does anyone know if the power clutchless downshift can be retrofit to GTs that can do this up only?

I have a Tuono that does the auto-blip down and its an absolute game changer for me. Faster, easier, more composed tight-corner entries and far less fatigue in heavy traffic / lane splitting.
  10. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there any adjustment on the rear brake pedal, to get it to be kind of inline with the foot peg.
    The brake pedal is sort of much lower than the foot peg.
    I guess I'm comparing it to my 1190...
  11. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes, but not as much as the dirt bikes. Loosen the nut in the pic and run the threaded actuator up or down to get the pedal to your desired position. Then tighten the nut. Rule of thumb is to have the pedal below the foot peg to ensure you don’t inadvertently push on pedal while riding and overheat the brakes/fluid.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RiderGary, OrangeV and xtremewlr like this.
  12. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have arrived at the 1,000 Km's, GT is booked for its service next week Wednesday. :D
    I suspect about $300 AUD,

I'm hoping to put on about 50,000 Km's over a long period of time.
    At the moment Australia is going through a very cold winter period and riding in this weather is a joke.
    Looking to get her in the mountains in warmer weather and then do some dancing...:-)
    I'm taking my time to bond with the GT, its good to be patient and enjoy the experience.
    I still have a soft spot for the 1190 it was simply superb.

I also placed an order for the KTM rear stand..
  13. Hwy101

Hwy101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is the one I ordered. (The older "R" version was similar in style to the one you show, but fits the back end of the tank better.)
    https://gpbikes.com/airhawk-r-large-cruiser-seat-pad.html
  14. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, simply amazing corners and views, I love this stuff.
    Its made for the GT :D

15. brianpc

brianpc Long timer

Oddometer:
    :) Sorry for crosspost from SD-R thread:

Hey all,
    Before I start hunting on Google, does anybody have a recommendation for a 60mm rear wheel nut socket tool thingy that can fit under the seat? I know moto mfg makes a combo one for the Multistrada front / rear, and wanted one for the SDGT.
  16. xtremewlr

xtremewlr Long timer

Oddometer:
    See my response in the SDR thread but just to reiterate, you need a 60mm socket.
    brianpc likes this.
  17. clogan

clogan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got the 60mm socket from Racefoxx in Germany. It's a nice piece, 3/8" drive, fits well. But it took almost 7 weeks to arrive here in Tennesse from Germany. If I was doing over, I'd get the 1/2" drive socket from Northern Tool. It's $20 bucks or less, right off the shelf.

Edit to add:
    I could be mistaken about the Northern piece...it could be a 3/4" drive. CRS!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Wearyeyed and brianpc like this.
  18. OrangeV

OrangeV Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. brianpc

brianpc Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, but if they ever make those Carbon two-point mount handguards available for the '17 GT I might pick up a set. I am utterly disappointed by the SW Motech Kobra guards. If anybody here wants them, I'll sell 'em cheap! :)
  20. xtremewlr

xtremewlr Long timer

Oddometer:
    What don't you like about them? I've got them on my SDR and love them.