KTM790 (da best!) hall of Wisdom

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by SFCootz, May 7, 2020.

1. SFCootz

SFCootz shedless Sheila :'( Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Real simple:

Add content only. Keep it clean, keep it neat. COPYRIGHT RULES ALWAYS APPLY.

BIG, BIG thanks to @[Art] for all the information he has provided so far. This will make it easier to find the knowledge the man is throwing down.
    SuperJimbo, Teufel Hunden and braaap! like this.
  2. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    gilligandavis, ljustina and SFCootz like this.
  3. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm just a little confused (Which happens all the time) Is the 790 going away in favor of the 890 or will they both be offered in 2021?
  4. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Based on the fact that KTM is only showing the 890 in the 2021 lineup I'd guess the 790 is gone. The 790 is way too close in design for them to offer them alongside the 890.

Besides, dropping the 790 will get some owners to hop onto the 890 bandwagon quicker. KTM makes money on new bikes sales. Fast development and dropping older lines gets a healthy percentage of folks buying big ADV bikes to jump at every single "new" model KTM puts out, especially if the one they currently own is discontinued so obviously "outdated".

Increasing the number of buyers every two or three years by killing off current models and introducing completely new ones is apparently pretty dang profitable for them.
  5. SanDadV

SanDadV n00b

Oddometer:
    Hope not... the pace I bang things up, parts aren't going to get easier to find if it's discontinued... unless I'm wrong about KTM. Also, I thought they were selling out of the 790 R's? meh.
  6. BronNowo

BronNowo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    it's going away, actually already it's gone. Thanks to emission regulation BTW